• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

JOdel

Extraordinary
HW Honey Bear
Nice. Did you use the backlight hair shader, or is that even possible, since it's Iray?

AM's brought out his latest lions over at the other store (I think these are at least his 3rd version of lions, if not the 4th). His modeling is getting much better. But the Hivewire Lion is still the more attractive. I'm beginning to think that the major difference is that AM's animals are designed from the get-go to have hair. Whereas with other models, the hair is a nice bonus of an add-on, if it's available. But the modeling is assumed to be out there where everyone can see it.

JOdel

Extraordinary
HW Honey Bear
Well, I'm having a day building Frankencritters. I redid my Thestral, now that Arki's released a reworked set of the Strigoa wings, and while I was at it, I redid my hippogryff, which uses the Strigoa harpy legs. So, while I was on a roll, I decided to make it a hat trick and built a Griffin.

I've a nasty feeling that it's going to be even more of a pain to pose than the hippogryff. But it looks pretty good in its base pose.
Griffin.jpg