• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Currently I don't have one out yet for the Leopard/Black Panther. Still in progress. And yes while all the Big Cat morphs share the same mesh and UV, LAMH presets for one breed may not work very well on another, largely because of size differences between the breeds of big cats.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry I thought Laurie had presets out already for the Leo since it was the base (I must have been thinking about the House Cat not Big Cat LOL).

I'm thinking the Lioness might be the best one to use (if you hid the tuft on the end of the tail) but I'd have to do a render to test that theory.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hmmm prob a bit fluffy for my liking up close (I think of panthers being sleek) but could work a bit father away maybe? (lioness preset)
BC.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That would look good on the House Cat, or even the Kitten. Or possibly a stuffed cat toy. ;)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Looking good Rae!

I would love to do those for Poser in the hair room. Haven't had much luck though.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Whiskers on Kittens
Whiskers on Kittens SML.jpg

Created With: Tiger for the HiveWire BigCat, Lisa's Botanicals Palm Trees, Lisa's Botanicals Asian Lily, Jungle Heat for Lisa's Botanicals Asian Lily, Sam by 3DArena for Genesis 8, Arion Braid for Genesis 8, Arki's dforce Ridged outfit for Genesis 8, Marnie by Mousso mats, VKY's Banshee, background is from Hearts of Africa Waters of Life

Last edited:

Doc Acme

Motivated
Hey folks.

Kinda new here & as usual my timing is just impeccable. I'd cobbled together a Tiger using the Daz BigCat2 only a couple weeks ago. So when the HW version came out, I snapped it up instantly.

Had to do a result comparison of course. Turned out fairly well but certainly not as majestic. Really needs the Ruff.

This was my second go at the HW version fur as I wanted him a bit "fluffier". I went with just a bit over 1 mill on the main body fur & tweeked the root & tip sizes from the default of the LAMH preset.

Also, I'm bring these into Lightwave (which is this was rendered with) from Daz which gives me several advantages. The kicker here is that I've tools that allow me to weight map the fur.

In other words, I can animate these guys with their fur, with motion blur, etc.

I'll try to post an animation test to YT in a few days.

Anxiously awaiting the cub of course.

Kitty Comparison.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Wonderful Laurie!

Here's my first render with this magnificent creature.

Credits:

HiveWire Tiger by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

SBRM Gamebirds Vol 3 (Spotted Dove) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D - They are found in India

Tropicals II by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Modular 3D Kits-Nordic Forest Kit by ShaaraMuse3D at Renderosity
3D Scenery-Ancient Cliffs by ShaaraMuse3D and HWW0 at Renderosity
PhilodendronB DR by Raul Lunia (Dinoraul) at Renderosity
The Lost World by Alessandro_AM at DAZ
Fantasy Woodlands Backgrounds by Susan Justice at Renderosity

Tiger On The Prowl
Tiger On The Prowl.jpg