• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Child's Play
Child's Play 101z.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
No, the saddle and boot are for the unscaled MilCat. Which loads just about the size of a cougar. It probably would be scalable for the BigCat2 or even the original MilBigCat with variable success though. I did scaling for the Hivewire Horse, Big Cat and House cat and all of them came out acceptable with some tweaking. Haven't tried them on actually posed figures, yet. Just the basic figure as they loaded (except for the one with the family and the pony. That took quite a bit of tweaking due to the morph.)

The cinch to the saddle is a separate bone (not material. The materials are basically leather, wood and metal) so it can be turned off if needed, and replaced by a strap around the animal. The boot will require something more extreme to deal with, since the object is all one piece and the matt zones would need to be diddles with in the geometry editor to get any kind of a handle on things.
Can you export the cinch separately as an obj file with textures and reimport and parent it to booot!?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
If I remember correctly (I did that illo several months ago), the cinch is not a matt zone, so I'd have to go after it with the geometry editor to separate it out from the rest of the model. All in all, it's simpler just to turn it off and use a separate strap.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That was the impression I had as well when I first saw the render, though I did have to stare at it to realize that was a leopard back there.