• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Starting to hit my stride again. Lighting this was a pain in the *** but I think it was worth all the fiddling with lights and material settings.

HiveWire Big Cat
CWRW Black Panther for the HiveWire Big Cat
Stonemason's Jungle Ruins
Night Wings by Darkworld Designs

View attachment 15899
Very nice image. I love changing real world animals to fantasy creatures and this was a sweet transformation and use in an image.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
All right, might as well try to make this a hat trick. Here is Smay's CatSaddle for the MilCat on the Hivewire Big Cat.
As I suspected, both the saddle and the boot came in almost perfectly scaled for Kitty.
Almost.
View attachment 20736
The saddle, since it has separate parts, can easily be tweaked into what looks to me like an all but perfect fit. The x-axis had to go up to 107%. And the abdomen (which is the cinch) needed its y-axis reduced to 86%. I also increased the saddle (only) portion to 115% in the z-axis, since most human figures are not sized like Gosha and Mavka. Like with the House Cat, I parented the saddle to abdomen3 and then adjusted its position with the main transform dials.

The boot is problematic. I did tweak it into a sort of acceptable fit, but then decided that for demonstration purposes I'd leave it exactly as it comes in, so the issues with it are clear. The fact is, that the fit of the boot platform and the upper straps is *perfect* exactly as it loads -- except for the section of strap below the rings where all the straps get connected. Fixing that would undoubtedly be best done in an actual modeling program, and probably wouldn't take a lot of doing. Unfortunately, there is no actual rigging to the boot itself. It's all one piece with no separate moving parts. So there's effectively nothing to get hold of for adjustment. Again, I parented it to the hip and adjusted position with the transform tools.

I forgot about this saddle set. I actually bought it when it first released but did noknow it was also for the DAZ big Cat. Gotta re-download it and try it.
What you say bout the boot:
if the materials are set up in such a way that you can texture all the different parts of the boot make the strap invisible install a second boot and conform it to the first and make everything else invisible except the strap. then XYZ adjust the that boot to fit so the strap looks right and voila. Not knowing how to model or use magnets or morph brushes I have to squeeze every last drop of creative juice I have left in my quickly emptying brain pan to get around my technical shortcomings. Hope you can get this to work for you!

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
A quick render of the new Cougar. Had to change the material so that it fitted more to SF but turned out pretty great in the end. :)

HWCougar_05.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I forgot about this saddle set. I actually bought it when it first released but did noknow it was also for the DAZ big Cat. Gotta re-download it and try it.
What you say bout the boot:
if the materials are set up in such a way that you can texture all the different parts of the boot make the strap invisible install a second boot and conform it to the first and make everything else invisible except the strap. then XYZ adjust the that boot to fit so the strap looks right and voila. Not knowing how to model or use magnets or morph brushes I have to squeeze every last drop of creative juice I have left in my quickly emptying brain pan to get around my technical shortcomings. Hope you can get this to work for you!

No, the saddle and boot are for the unscaled MilCat. Which loads just about the size of a cougar. It probably would be scalable for the BigCat2 or even the original MilBigCat with variable success though. I did scaling for the Hivewire Horse, Big Cat and House cat and all of them came out acceptable with some tweaking. Haven't tried them on actually posed figures, yet. Just the basic figure as they loaded (except for the one with the family and the pony. That took quite a bit of tweaking due to the morph.)

The cinch to the saddle is a separate bone (not material. The materials are basically leather, wood and metal) so it can be turned off if needed, and replaced by a strap around the animal. The boot will require something more extreme to deal with, since the object is all one piece and the matt zones would need to be diddles with in the geometry editor to get any kind of a handle on things.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
@tparo Most of the "flecks" are the result of the translucency/reflection settings, and because the hairs are not 100% opaque. Of course, I didn't let that particular render finish baking all the way, either.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, ya know VB, I was wondering about those as well. It looked like reflection, but didn't realize opacity had anything to do with making the tips shiny.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Not to de-rail the thread, but the translucency has more to do with the shiny tips than the opacity. I have just found that setting the opacity to between 0.85 and 0.98 works the best for hair when coupled with about 0.4 translucency strength. It just seems to react better to light that way. Well, iray light, that is...

Me195

Extraordinary
These fancy textures for the Morphing Collar for the HW Big Cat by PhotoGG gave me the idea that they were mousers in a palace!

HiveWire3D Products used:

HiveWire Big Cat by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW
Morphing Collar for the HW Big Cat by PhotoGG (George Gregory)

Potted Palm by Lisa's Botanicals

and Daio's Toy Mouse

Royal Mousers
View attachment 22115

Title: We Will Be Victorious
View attachment 22651

First quick render using the Cougar and the Cougar cub

I know this isn't usually what you think of when you think of a cougar cub, but I bought the carnations at the same time, so I had to try them out too...
View attachment 22728

Besides, who isn't in love with Super-Kitty?

A quick render of the new Cougar. Had to change the material so that it fitted more to SF but turned out pretty great in the end. :)

View attachment 22745

Lovely render Azoohouse...
This was just a very quick play but I want fur for my little baby...
View attachment 22751

Wow, all of these renders are simply amazing. You guys have an excellent sense of aesthetics.