• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Gorilla Renders!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@Flint_Hawk PM Sent!

A few more promo images there are five textures with these and a Treasure Relic texture for your archaeological adventures. You can also switch out the eyes and ear cheek and crown gems. Debating the Font. Trying to get these done today!
Tribal Jungle Totem.jpg

Promo-copy.jpg idol front3 copy.jpg Jade copy.jpgHead Close.jpg

Easter Island Dude!! The Big Kahuna!! Chuckle!! I can also see him in a beach setting.
Iray Back.jpg

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Lots of interesting things here… I assumed there the heads are going to be a product right? Since they were introduced in this thread and not in their own thread is far as I could see… Will there be an Easter Island head in the set? And as far as gorillas swinging on vines… Those posers out of work well for my partially dialed guerrilla-grade 8 (Dragon is just not cooperating for me in dictating here!) I made my guerrilla into a great eighth… I give up! I can't get it to say or write the words I'm trying to say and it won't even spell guerrilla right! I Spelling it in teaching it that it is not the soldiers that ran around fighting in the forest it's that animal, but it just won't cooperate!

Anyway deposes will be useful for me for my version of Tarzan's APE (I typed that myself ) * walks off mumbling about guerrilla and dragons * :-(

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks @sanbie !!

@Lyne , Great Ape! Grape Ape! Great Eighth! ....I Don't care I know what you mean.............. I think! =) and it's always great!

Glad that they might be helpful in that avenue!

The Easter Island head will be separate as they don't really go together that well.

Isn't a dragon gorilla called a One-Eyed-Flying-Purple-People-Eater?............. I must search the ancient scrolls about that one.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Really nice Sanbie. What environment is that? Looks like it could be one of Stonemason's goodies. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
*sticks head in*

Loving all of these!!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Napalmarsenal, Sanbie and Lyne. Loving what you've created here. Great looking images.

Looking forward to Jonrea's poses for Taka and Gorilla. Very nicely done!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I been doing a lot of work trying to figure out how to create a jungle background or environment in poser. I used the "enchanted forest" by stonemason but it's almost like when you watch TV show or movie where they're trying to make a regular forest look like a jungle-it's not realistic. So then I begin to think about how I could construct a jungle environment by using plants I have etc.

I had very good luck in using Google image search - public domain photos of jungles and rain forests . I am very careful about going to the page the images is on, not just the image itself and reading the permissions before I download the photograph . I always use advanced search and be sure that my search parameters include: photo , larger than 1024 by whatever, and free to use and share in my parameters . I figure at the least this would make a back=background to build up on, adding jungle plants/ground, etc.

So I'm letting you all know this is a good resource to help with jungle art images ! :)