• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Gorilla Renders!

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
gorilla.jpg
I played around with the gorilla and Garibaldy hair in DS, I feel its a bit too thick so I'll probably give it another go over the weekend.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, now THAT's hair. :D Nice tparo, and I agree, just a bit too thick.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
WooHoo Tparo!! Looks great! But yeah I do bet it would be even better a little shorter/less thick. Great work!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Beautiful, Lyne!! Glad you got the Gorilla working for you!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Awesome! Is the fur hard to deal with? And did you have any trouble getting the Gorilla into Carrara?

No trouble getting the gorilla loaded... trouble with texturing though.. it all had to be done manually as the textures wouldn't apply..

I also haven't got the bump maps to work very good as the displacement isn't being very helpful either :-(

as with the fur that was just a quick application with around 150,000 hairs and a quick brush, with more time spent on it ( rather than 5 minutes ) it would look awesome I reckon.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I wish I had the nerve (and patience) to try the hair room in Poser, but I suspect it would kill what little is left of my brain cells. ~LOL~

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Stezza, wow! WOW!!! This is awesome. I love this one. He's such a Bad A!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I didn't even know Carrera had hair, or rather a way to apply it! Interesting and works very well!

Thanks for the compliments on my"guerrilla paradise" it will be a lot easier now that I know, or rather have the fix for the gorilla coat in poser .

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The new Gorilla is unbelievably realistic! WOW!

What a fun & amazing creation!

Here are the HiveWire products I used in this scene:
HiveWire Gorilla for Dusk by CG Cubed, Christopher Creek Art, & Virtual World

SBRM Africa (Black Headed Weaver) by Ken Gilliland

Grasses & Flowers with Jungle Mist by Lisa's Botanicals
Tropicals by Lisa's Botanicals

Jungle Magic
Gorilla.jpg