• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Just a test with Dusk and MDL shaders in Daz with HDRI.
Dusk SE with CWRW's TAKA textures.

First attempt with MDL shaders no tweaks .

Dusk 2 MDL.jpg

Dialed down mostly the glossy reflection setting and also changed the reflection color looking much better.
Dusk MDL3.jpg

Details with MDL and Fabiana's HDRI still a few whiteish artifacts. These are Shibashake's Iray skin render settings!
Dusk Details.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, that's some sword he's carrying on his shoulder. ;)

I have that GIS set, but haven't looked at it in ages. Nice lighting Me.

Me195

Extraordinary
Very nice!

Thank you.

WOW, that's some sword he's carrying on his shoulder. ;)

I have that GIS set, but haven't looked at it in ages. Nice lighting Me.
A lot of anime have smaller guys swinging around exaggerated Zweihanders like that one. I actually have one of those, and it's heavier than it looks. They must be pretty strong.

I've had this set for a while. I just haven't figured out what genre to use it in. Thank you. The lighting is just a single hdri attached to poser's background with an environment node. I also have it attached to a hsv node to control the exposure and the saturation of the light.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like working with HDRis as well, but just don't have a large enough selection to fit every scene.

Me195

Extraordinary
There is a huge selection at HDRI Haven and they are all free. Well I guess there is a cost because they take up a lot of hard drive space.