• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Gisela

Eager
Country Living. Dusk as CWRW Rodrigo and CWRW textures for the Hat, jeans, boots and jacket. Horse and Big Dog.

Gisela

Eager
I LOVE this !! It also reminds me of when I used to set up a farm with my plastic animals and fences, etc. all over my bedroom floor! Of course this is MUCH better... but thanks for the nice memory! LOL!

ROFL ROFL!!!!
Thank you Lyne!

Gisela

Eager
Excellent, that's exactly what I was going for. Everyone needs a ROFL now and then.

You're welcome. I'm glad. I'm always happy when my renders can provide a smile or a laugh.

I'm happy you got a good laugh out of it.
You do superfly. ? It's excellent you must have great patience I think superfly has to long renders. Personally I barely like it. Still prefer firefly. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It does take some getting used too. I didn't like it at all for a long time either, but slowly I'm getting used to it. The render times are much longer, but the results I have found are generally nicer.

Me195

Extraordinary
You do superfly. ? It's excellent you must have great patience I think superfly has to long renders. Personally I barely like it. Still prefer firefly. :)
Yes I've been trying to learn superfly since poser 11 first came out. Thank you. Superfly does take a great deal of patience especially when making Cycles shaders. My render times aren't really that bad because I use my video cards to render instead of my CPU. I am fortunate enough to have two powerful video cards. The render above only took about 40 minutes. I still like firefly, but it's easier for me to get closer to the results I'm looking for with superfly.

Me195

Extraordinary
This one is Superfly too?
Yes. There are cycles shaders for the car, the background, the hat, and Dusk's skin. The Tux uses a Firefly shader for both Firefly and Superfly. There are no lights in the scene. The lighting is provided by the Cycles background shader.