• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
You can always export an object from Poser once you have it how you want it and then run it in Daz without going through the morph conversions, but it will be a static object and not rigged.

Also sometimes you have to tweak the textures to get them to render correctly. Generally they come into Daz with a plastic stetting which you need to change to matte or skin and then turn down the gloss or you get some rather odd reflection artifacts especially around the eyelashes. For Iray if they have SSS mats then you need to sometimes put like 128 128 128 color in the diffuse slot or it will blow out your model and it it will render very very light. Iray doesn't particularly like spec maps as that is kind of built in so you may have to put the texture map in the spec slot or just disconnect it if your textures come with spec settings.

Michele

Eager
Still on my art doll inspired dial morph kick, and finally got around to Dusk! ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, a very nice youthful look Michele, and what hair is that you used? I don't recognize it, but I like it. ;)

Michele

Eager
Thanks! Dial morph stuff is kind of a way for me to relax; been a difficult year with lots of stress. Sigh...

The ball joint doll look is a personal favorite, tho I know not everyone appreciates the androgynous look. :)

Miss B, that is Mathew Hair for the G3M. (I don't have a lot of G3M stuff, but I really liked that hair.)

I've been uploading the art doll morphs at Renderosity Freestuff, and I'll probably get Dusk uploaded there within a couple of days. DAZ Studio only and hopefully the older versions of Studio can read the duf file.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhh, thanks Michele, but unfortunately I'm not into Genesis 2 and 3.

I think the first version of DS that used DUF files was DS 4.5, because my DS 4.0 uses DSF files. I don't think it recognizes DUF.

Me195

Extraordinary
This is a quickie render LOL! but it's totally doable to get the wings to parent to Dusk.
View attachment 27911
You will have to scale your model up to fit the wings or scale the wings down as they are a bit too large size wise. So, load Dusk/Dawn, then load the wings and apply the texture you want to use. Scale Dusk or Dawn up to about the wing size, or you can scale the wings down, and you will have to use the rotation tool to get them positioned vertical instead of horizontal for the horse. Then, parent them to chest 2 apply your Dusk pose and then pose the wings. The preset pose won't work you will have to do it manually because it's designed for the horse and wants to go horizontal unless you pose Dusk/Dawn and then apply the wing pose rotate and then parent them to chest 2.

Edit to add: You need to turn the coat portion invisible on the wings or it looks a little odd.

Thank you, That's good to know. I was wondering how it would look on Dawn and Dusk.

Great idea/look @NapalmArsenal !!

Took Bob's (at my Rendo gallery) comment (that it was a bit dark) to heart... so did "levels, bit of contrast.... MUCH happier with this "hunk" than before!

(and again: HATE smoking, Just wanted the "smoky" *excuse* look!)

The lighting definitely looks better. That is a cool looking dude. Nice job.

I like the lighting much better on the rework Lyne! You can really make out the .....muscles.....*cough* details better!:)

Ok, Dusk needs some love too! =) I've had this done for a while. Posted in a different location.

This one is for all you guys in the Pacific Northwest who are experiencing a heat wave!

Surfin' Safari
View attachment 28369
Products Used:
Dusk, CWRW's Taka for Dusk, SAV Yantis Rasta Hair, Dusk's Loincloth on both Dusk and Dawn on the left, DawnSE, Dawn's Bikini custom yellow polka dots, Lisa's Botanicals Palm Trees, Daz SurfBoards. M4 Body suit, BG Image is from Creative Market, sex wax and pineapple beer bottles (it's like root beer! FYI) I created.

Can't Have the Beach Without the Boys!

Let's go surfin' now
Everybody's learning how
Come on and safari with me
(Come on and safari with)

Early in the morning we'll be startin' out
Some honeys will be coming along
We're loading up our woody
With our boards inside
And headin' out singing our song

Come on (surfin') baby wait and see (surfin' safari)
Yes I'm gonna (surfin') take you surfin' (surfin' safari) with me
Come along (surfin') baby wait and see (surfin' safari)
Yes I'm gonna (surfin') take you surfin' (surfin' safari) with me

That is an excellent scene.

Here's one from my Rendo gallery. This is Liam for Dusk by Tempesta3D. He's a hottie!

That is a great render. I'll have to take your word for it that he's a hottie though. For someone not well versed in poser you're pretty darn good at it.

Hey guys. I'm new! Wanted to see if I could turn Dusk into a doofy looking kid. Yes. Yes, I can.

That's excellent character design. He definitely looks doofy. Great job, and a belated welcome to the hive from me as well.

Pen feel better!!!

Lots of great Dusk art!!

That is a fantastic fantasy render. It's very pleasant to look at

Still on my art doll inspired dial morph kick, and finally got around to Dusk! ;)

Outstanding render. I have to agree with Ken that character would go well with Sora.

Awesome render. It's very surreal. I love it.