• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
After my play with background lighting I thought I would try the shadow catcher and EZdome again.

Forest Thoughts HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Lots of playing here , using a .exr file from the Internet as a source I have generated an HDR files and then a detailed .jgp and preview .jpg. This allowed me to create sphere in EZDome which I have then saved to library. Basically the .hdr is associated with the outer dome and the detailed .jpg is associated with the inner dome. This particular .hdr has a sun included so again in EZDome I was able to set the sun position.

Ferry Port HW.jpg

The hair is Leticia Hair by Afrodite-Ohki.

The material for the dress is from the Ghostship2 - Poser 12 Material by Rpublishing and Gpohstship2

Hornet3d

Wise
Having a little play with a new idea here. I struggled with lighting a render using the background due to the fact that a restricted view of the background is shown in the Poser preview window. As an alternative I have taken an existing render and taken it into PaintShop Pro and used the AI background replacement feature and replaced the rendered background with a revised .jpg of the same background. You finish up with a masked layer of just the figure, a layer with the new background, and a layer with the old background. I know a similar result could be achieved with two renders but this is the result I achieved using the AI feature for the first time in around 30 minutes which in this case is a lot faster than a second render.

Church BG AI Corrected.jpg

Of course the layers can be adjusted individually not only for colour and contrast but also position and alignment. Limitation is the AI replacement works on just picking out a figure so there is that limitation.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have gone back to using EZDome, I am not sure why I stopped using it, this time around I am building images for the inner and outer domes and also the preview. I am using EZDome 1.7 so I need to spend some more time using the the shadow catcher as I am struggling with it for the moment.

Here I have used a free .hdr image from the vast selection that can be found on the Internet. Again using Paint Shop Pro I have generated and detailed and low resolution .jpg to be used for the inner dome and the preview image then built these in the EZDome to complete the setup. although not needed here the preview can also be used to place the EZsun in the dome.

Lady of the Manor HW.jpg

I am sure this can be improved on as I am only just cutting my teeth on this, what I like here is the twin windows at the end of the room are accurately reflected in the eyes. They need toning down but I think it is a nice touch.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nicely done Hornet, and thanks for mentioning the reflection of the twin windows, as I didn't even realize that's what the reflection was, until I read your comment and looked again. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Nicely done Hornet, and thanks for mentioning the reflection of the twin windows, as I didn't even realize that's what the reflection was, until I read your comment and looked again. :)

Why would you know unless you had seen the .hdr beforehand, here is the low res preview.

old_hall_16k_Localtone Preview HW.jpg

The figure is placed at the edge of the fireplace looking across the room the only complication here is she is actually stood next to the split fireplace at the extremes of the image rather then the one in the centre. As there are no Poser lights used the only sources of light are from the windows and doors in the image.

Placing a camera behind the head of the figure you can see the reflections are of the two windows to the right of the centre in the preview.

Camera View HW.jpg

It certainly links the figure to the dome nicely I think.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's a nice HDRi image. I have a few indoor room sized HDRi images, but nothing that detailed.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've been to their site, and several others, that offer those type of HDRi images. I usually go for outdoor images, but will have to check out their indoor images as well.

Hornet3d

Wise
That is a nice add-on, I already have a similar outfit for Dawn otherwise this would already be in my runtime. I wish you every success, it is good to see any content created for Dawn these days.

Hornet3d

Wise
Trying out a few things with this render, firstly Ace hair 1 by 3Dream which I purchased as some of my story line needs an unkempt version of Caoimhe. Still using EZDome with the Old Hall preset, the head on positioning of the camera gives more detail in the reflection in the eyes which confirm it is the windows being reflected. This is not so apparent here but the full version shows the bars of the windows in the reflection.

Post work wise I have used the AI portrait mode in the latest version of Paint Shop Pro (2022) that attempts to automatically identify the figure and then blur the background. It is fairly accurate and certainly very quick. Here the mask needs to be refined around the shoulders but the feature does seem to have some value.

Unkept HW.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is Dawn with "Body Type-5" on my "Classic Bunny Suit", animated and rendered in Poser 12 with Cycles OptiX. Had to install the nVidia "Studio" driver, since OptiX has stopped working with the normal "Gamer" GeForce driver since October. Now OptiX is back and is also faster with the Studio driver, but I hope it won't break other programs.

Megane Walks.gif