• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
That's really cool Ken. Will the eyes open and close and all that other stuff for animation as well as the mouth?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's really cool Ken. Will the eyes open and close and all that other stuff for animation as well as the mouth?

Thanks, Rich! This is actually a rather old low-poly head I made a few years ago, and it's capable of a wide range of expressions and character customizations. You can check some of them in the links below. It includes 30 expression presets created with the available 110+ head dials, 30 skin tones, and loads of extras. It's about one hundred items total, and includes a PDF tutorial on how to make composite figures like the girl in this last render. :)

-Anime Xpressions II-
-Anime Xpressions III-

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks! I have this for personal use for over 2 years now, in both Poser and DS versions.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
You should sell that at Hivewire. Update the whole shebang for iRay and Superfly.... BAM... good sales! Is there a male or a way to morph the head into a male shape?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have considered selling the package here, but couldn't decide how to maket it. The same head can be used for both male and female characters. This link is an example with male and female characters using the same head ==> -Double Animeness-

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's one kewl render Ken. I like it, even though I don't normally do anything anime.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
As much as I liked watching cartoons and animated movies when I was a kid, I never got into manga or the like. When I finally got into doing graphic work, it never occurred to me to try working with those kinds of characters. In fact, I really didn't like Aiko3 at all. I didn't start getting interested until Aiko4, because her realistic version was cute.

You're characters are fun, and I especially like this anime head thingy. Of course, the poses and expressions on their faces helped too. ;)

Daniel Hicks(OganicPic)

Eager
Contributing Artist
I like anime every sense I watched Robotek in the 80s.

I'm coming along slowly on the armour, some thigh added to Brekties Armour 1.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Miss B Then we have this in common - I didn't like Aiko3 either, and had a little better result with Aiko4. I needed a head that has the style, but could ALSO have the proper expressions and customizations that both Aiko3 and 4 had failed to capture. That's when I decided to make my own head, and that was a little after Dawn came out. The reason I didn't make a whole new figure was because I wanted to reuse existing bodies, morphs, textures, and clothing, by means of a Poser feature most people overlook - composite figures. I will place this subject on its own thread. :)

@Daniel Hcks(OganicPic) Still looking great! Keep the awesome work on this armor! ^^

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'd seriously look into selling your fabulous set here Ken. I can't imagine you would have folks NOT interested and larger the pool of options for Dusk and Dawn the longer they will remain relevant and popularity will grow.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Wow really? I didn't think there was an interest since I have been using the head for 2 years in my renders, and no one said anything. So far I have used it with Posette, Aiko3, Aiko4, Vicky4, Cookie, NearMe, Dawn, Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, and Micheal4 figures in Poser and DS. Haven't tried with Dusk yet, since I think he was still in the making when head came out. Which figure doesn't really matters - the head is "universal" and will work with basically anything we throw on it. I will start its own thread.