• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice colorful render CB. AoM's new outfit is looking good. Which dawn character did you use? She's got a sweet expression.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Nice colorful render CB. AoM's new outfit is looking good. Which dawn character did you use? She's got a sweet expression.
I used Doe for Dawn with the Dawn SE and then I used Bow skin texture. I tweaked the body some to give her a fuller body and more proportionate breasts. I am really loving Dawn SE she makes some of the older morphs look better.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I haven't played with Doe as yet, and I do have Bow, so I'm going to have to play some.

You did a good job with the body morphs. I also like Dawn SE a lot, as she's very versatile. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
A WIP test render... pretty high res, so it won't blur... :)
OLtest.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Heehee! They'da been a flutterin' too! I have chased after the odd umbrella down the street in a wind like that (not a parasol though, never been ladylike enough for a parasol ;) )

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I wouldn't worry too much about the laws of physics on a surrealistic image! LOL

@Lyne I love the color set you have used there. The shirt looks like satin! ^^

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sure, the files can still be read, but some tools will not work with them, since they expect DUF format instead. I like DUF much better than anything DAZ has used before. It's plain text and encoded with JSON international standard. JSON has been growing in popularity and was a good idea to use it with DAZ contents. It has unified all contents under a single encoding standard that is universal and easy to read. No complains form me on that part. :)

Well, all well and good if you are already a D/S user and have grown learning the interface. But for long in the tooth and shortening in the brain old poser users the jumping to D/S ANY version for me even though relatively free is prohibitive. With so much invested in Poser and compatible tried and tested characters and plus, not an option for me. If Poser were to get with the program and also use th DUF formats so the stupid DSON importer wouldn't be necessary, I would begin using the DUF format figures from DAZ. but until then I have to agree, DAZ lost a long time customer and I hate it because their work has always been the best for my needs.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Picky picky picky. I love it. It's got a great story. Maybe she's a weather witch and only her hair blows around! See, problem solved. :p:D:p

Yeah! Picky...picky...picky detailing can make a good image freaking great. Why settle.
There is an old Sicilian saying:
"Why choke on the tale if you have already swallowed the mule!?" :))

Tell us it wouldn't look GREAT if the umbrella was in the air, the dress tighter round her torso and blowing back, the book pages out of focus as if windblown and the plant at the other end of the patio also showing wind blown stress!? LOL

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hummm! Here's a clue! The hair is GRAVITY Hair from StudioArtVartanian over at Rendo.

Somehow I suspect I've just uploaded my last image at Hivewire! :peace:

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Hummm! Here's a clue! The hair is GRAVITY Hair from StudioArtVartanian over at Rendo.

Somehow I suspect I've just uploaded my last image at Hivewire! :peace:

I once had someone tell me the shadows on my render were in the wrong place..
Funny things is, the image in question was not a render, it was one of my photos!