• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

RobZhena

Adventurous
Last night I've found this new "Amelia" character for Dawn at RO, and I was frustrated that it was only for DS. I've bought it and then spent a few hours converting everything to Poser: the morphs, ERCs, materials and several overlays. This is the full character face and body with materials in Poser, rendered in Superfly. She's wearing my "Laced Sundress" with AetherDream's Tropical Heat materials expansion.

It's a cute petite, and yet voluptuous character. I like her. Applied about 40% shoulders reduction with "Narrow Shoulders". It works best in poses where the arms are down, such as in this one. ^^

View attachment 36471

I also thought Amelia looked fantastic and, inspired by Ken1171's render, used my Rendo Prime coupon to buy her. I didn't have to spend hours doing the conversion. I exported both Dawn SE and Amelia as cr2s from DS, converted them with Creator's Toybox, and used Vex's materials for Skyla, which worked perfectly. I had no problems with the morphs converting for Amelia. But I was curious about whether the converted rigging was any different. So I loaded my DS Dawn SE, went to the setup room, and rigged it with the Poser native rigging. I can see no difference at all in the poses. I transferred the Amelia morphs to my hacked DS Dawn SE, and everything works A-OK. Oddly, Amelia exported as an obj would not load as an FBM into Poser Dawn SE because of a different number of verts. But so far, the Dawn morphs I have injected into Amelia work. So here is Amelia with Skyla MATS wearing Ken1171's Charlie Kilo Victor Zero One outfit and standing on DAZ's Retro Ship Bridge.
Amelia in Space.jpg

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
A quiet romantic Idinner from the partner's POV.

View attachment 37476
I always liked a girl with a good appetite. We're enjoying a good dinner and each other's company, don't hold back because I'm not. Sweetheart was like that. I never wanted her to think "I should have a salad say I'm full."

I like the small touches in this one. Her glowing jewel rivets the eye. The futuristic bracelets look just that. It's something that one wouldn't find on 21st century Earth. It appears to be lit mostly by the candles and lamps around the restaurant t give the scene a romantic air. That steak looks real enough to eat. Thanks for inviting us to dinner with Caohime!

Hornet3d

Wise
I always liked a girl with a good appetite. We're enjoying a good dinner and each other's company, don't hold back because I'm not. Sweetheart was like that. I never wanted her to think "I should have a salad say I'm full."

I like the small touches in this one. Her glowing jewel rivets the eye. The futuristic bracelets look just that. It's something that one wouldn't find on 21st century Earth. It appears to be lit mostly by the candles and lamps around the restaurant t give the scene a romantic air. That steak looks real enough to eat. Thanks for inviting us to dinner with Caohime!

Thank you for the critique and to everyone else for the comments and likes, I had this idea as I rarely see renders of people eating or with food. There are only two lights used, one point light for the candle on the table in front of her and an area light above and in front to soften the effects of the point light. The pointlight is set to inverse linear and dropped to 20%. All other illumination comes from using Seachnasaigh's ambient boost node group on the different parts of the wall lights. Other than the iron work for each lamp there is also a ceramic, candle and bulb materials so I had a quite game balancing the strength and the colour to get the effect I wanted.

The food is from Steak BBQ - Props by Exnem, the dress is of course the Red Carpet Gown by Glitterati. All the jewelry is from the collection Even Glow Jewels by Fabiana but I have changed the colour and the glow, again using the ambient boost node.

Thanks again for all the feedback I really do value it especially as it comes from others that understand 3D art.

Hornet3d

Wise
This one has a number of subtle changes over a similar render I did earlier, some of them worked, some didn't and others I am not sure. The only illumination comes from a dome, as before, but this time rather than use a hi res clothplane for the background I used the Studio Backdrop prop from the Poser 11 primitives. It appears to apply a effect similar to depth of field so you get the effect without the penalty of an extended render time. The back needs to be held back slightly as it is too strong for the figure in this render. Another change is the expression which I hope portrays an element of annoyance, well that was the aim. Choimhe has also had a slight change in hair colour which I think works better than jet black but I would be interested in other people's views. I have to render again to play with the background so I can always change the hair colour.

New Forest R HW.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
expression works, I think that's the look I give when going "Really?" when someone annoys me LOL.

I like the hair, remember lighter hair usually flatters older women better.

Hornet3d

Wise
expression works, I think that's the look I give when going "Really?" when someone annoys me LOL.

I like the hair, remember lighter hair usually flatters older women better.

Thank you for the comment and the tip about the hair, I will do another render with the background darkened and a light brown hair and see what that looks like.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Now see, I like this background better, because Caoimhe stands out more, and since she's the focus of the render, that's not a bad thing.

As far as the hair textures, I like both, and yes they're both better than black, unless of course you were going to dress her up as a goth. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Now see, I like this background better, because Caoimhe stands out more, and since she's the focus of the render, that's not a bad thing.

As far as the hair textures, I like both, and yes they're both better than black, unless of course you were going to dress her up as a goth. ;)

Thank you for the feedback. Goth is always a possibility but I could switch back to black for those renders.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
All of the renders are great, Hornet, but that one dining is just stunning. You got the lighting perfect, and her eyes are wonderfully expressive and well textured.

Hornet3d

Wise
All of the renders are great, Hornet, but that one dining is just stunning. You got the lighting perfect, and her eyes are wonderfully expressive and well textured.

Thank you I am always grateful for any praise and/or suggestions but coming from someone with your skills always has that extra edge. My intent this year was to try and understand superfly better and take a little more care with my renders in an attempt to add a little more impact. I have a long way to go but the comments here suggest I am on the right track at least so it helps to spur me on.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.