• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Wow, gorgeous render, NA! I can't rest my eyes in one place. ^___^

Amelia is cute alright, but DS-only.
Thanks! Just a mash up sorry it might come off as a little busy! Yes, but have had her carted over at Rendo for quite some time!! Just haven't gotten around to checking out, waiting to upload a few more images to get the rewards points for her.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is Dawn wearing my "Classic Bunny Suit", face morph is Nissa, rendered in Poser with Superfly. I've tried 2 experiments here. First, to shape this body using 98% body scaling instead of morphs. Note the body proportions done with body scaling. Second, I wanted to replicate the default DS camera and light dome in Poser. Just missing a floor because Superfly doesn't support shadow catcher, and EZDome3's was rendering as white for some reason, so I had to remove it. I would also like to make the tail furry, but Superfly doesn't support micro-poly displacement, so I had to keep it flat.

This is a good example of 2 things missing in Superfly that I wanted to use in this render.

CartoonishBunnyGirl_1024.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
Dawn with Face of Asia, Lully's EvenStar Dress, Deecee's Cotton Fabric, Ken's Phoenix from Birds of Legend

View attachment 37076

Great job. She looks very affluential.

Really like Ken1171 narrow shoulders ,and Body shap 2 ,,
some of my own morph in there too. Face used is special face 2
View attachment 37108

Nice work with the morphs. She looks very original.

Playing with lights again, this time with no globe but two lights. The main is an IBL with a light probe attached and the second is an area just to lighten the face slightly.

View attachment 37168

Looks great.

Looks great, Hornet! Your character is unique and full of personality. ^__^

For those who haven't seen the new "Body Type-3 for Dawn", here's a peek rendered in Poser with Superfly. As Type-2 has a toned physique, Type-3 is fuller and more voluptuous. Last night I have finished sculpting the the back of the torso for Type-1, and everything seems right, so it went for internal beta. Type-1 will be the final part of this "Body Type" series, and will be the more petite, slender physique.

View attachment 37167

Love the morphs. Looking forward to picking them up.

Fantastic renders guys and WOW Ken !! I so have to get Amelia too now!! Love the look!!

Decadent Kitty Passion Fits
View attachment 37191
Products Used: Dawn SE, Sora, (mix and match Oriana, Skyla, Amira) Dawn's Elf Ears, Circe Dress re-textured, Hivewire House Cat, CWRW's Black Panther for HiveWire Big Cat, Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Passion Storm for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips (coming soon)Flight of the Swan Couch is from Daz re-textured various brushes, fairies and decos created in Photoshop

Wonderful render. I love the gothic look.

This is Dawn wearing my "Classic Bunny Suit", face morph is Nissa, rendered in Poser with Superfly. I've tried 2 experiments here. First, to shape this body using 98% body scaling instead of morphs. Note the body proportions done with body scaling. Second, I wanted to replicate the default DS camera and light dome in Poser. Just missing a floor because Superfly doesn't support shadow catcher, and EZDome3's was rendering as white for some reason, so I had to remove it. I would also like to make the tail furry, but Superfly doesn't support micro-poly displacement, so I had to keep it flat.

This is a good example of 2 things missing in Superfly that I wanted to use in this render.

View attachment 37197

Nicely done. That's a well crafted character. I feel your pain. I miss shadow catching and micro-poly displacement with displacement maps. In order to get details like fluffiness in superfly I have to use a combo of Normal and height maps. I'm not sure about shadow catching, but I do know that cycles supports micro-poly displacement. I don't understand why superfly can't be updated to support it too.

I have been lucky enough to be testing some poses for pommerlis and this was just too cute not to do

Very cute. Well done.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
"Is there none among you brave enough to challenge the Dark Knight?"
CyberSuit for Dawn (Poser) - A Xurge3D Creation

Haha I wouldn't take the challenge! XD

Love the morphs. Looking forward to picking them up.

Thank you! There is one last body sculpt coming up next, the Type-1. Still working on it. :)

Nicely done. That's a well crafted character. I feel your pain. I miss shadow catching and micro-poly displacement with displacement maps. In order to get details like fluffiness in superfly I have to use a combo of Normal and height maps. I'm not sure about shadow catching, but I do know that cycles supports micro-poly displacement. I don't understand why superfly can't be updated to support it too.

Thanks! Cycles didn't support shadow catcher or micro-poly displacement when Poser 11 was released. Maybe it does now, but SMS told me they can add it themselves, and don't need to wait for Cycles. Maybe it will take time because the current dev team is still rather new and inexperienced with Poser. EZDome3 has added a shadow catcher for SF, but for some reason it didn't work in this scene. It was rendering with a white glow, so I had to remove it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is the current state of the upcoming Nami toonish character for Dawn. I wanted to see what happens if I mix her with Body Type-2, and I think it came out quite unique. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. In the meanwhile, doggy found me in the scene. It's funny the moment I parented the helmet to the arm, all conformed clothing twisted out of place and there was no way to make them behave. Sometimes things like this happen in Poser.

Nami_1024.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
I think the answer is a definite NO! Great render, I love the mix of timeframes.

That would be the answer I'd give. A plasma blade that size would make short work of just about any armor. Thank you. I've always liked the scifi concept of temporal causality. It's a fascinating idea to think that one could go be the origin of the very idea that inspired them.

Haha I wouldn't take the challenge! XD

I wouldn't either. :D

Thank you! There is one last body sculpt coming up next, the Type-1. Still working on it. :)

You're welcome. I look forward to owning that one too. The will all make character design that much easier.

Thanks! Cycles didn't support shadow catcher or micro-poly displacement when Poser 11 was released. Maybe it does now, but SMS told me they can add it themselves, and don't need to wait for Cycles. Maybe it will take time because the current dev team is still rather new and inexperienced with Poser. EZDome3 has added a shadow catcher for SF, but for some reason it didn't work in this scene. It was rendering with a white glow, so I had to remove it.

If I remember correctly the micro-poly displacement for Cycles was still in beta when Poser was released. I'm not sure about shadow catching. It's good to know that SMS can add those in themselves. I just hope there's no notion of waiting until Poser 12 to do so. Fortunately the new team seems pretty enthusiastic about making things better in Poser, so I have great hope for the future. EZDome's shadow catcher can do magical and not necessarily positive things when the shadow cather's textures do not line up with the background. For example the grass in the background of my avatar should actually be a street with a gas station on it. All that grass comes from a small median on the road. I made the render before I understood anything about the alignment controls that come with the shadow catcher (not that I know much about them now either). I'm not sure if that's what cause the issue with your background or not, but it's a usual suspect.

Me195

Extraordinary
fantastic renders!!

Lovely characters in lively scene. Excellent renders.

This is the current state of the upcoming Nami toonish character for Dawn. I wanted to see what happens if I mix her with Body Type-2, and I think it came out quite unique. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. In the meanwhile, doggy found me in the scene. It's funny the moment I parented the helmet to the arm, all conformed clothing twisted out of place and there was no way to make them behave. Sometimes things like this happen in Poser.

View attachment 37256

Very stylish and unique character. The dog interacting with your logo was a nice touch. Outstanding render.

sorry I've been so quiet...explanation in The Meadow...but have been working on:

Fantastic characters. The render is spot on for greatness.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If I remember correctly the micro-poly displacement for Cycles was still in beta when Poser was released. I'm not sure about shadow catching. It's good to know that SMS can add those in themselves. I just hope there's no notion of waiting until Poser 12 to do so. Fortunately the new team seems pretty enthusiastic about making things better in Poser, so I have great hope for the future. EZDome's shadow catcher can do magical and not necessarily positive things when the shadow cather's textures do not line up with the background. For example the grass in the background of my avatar should actually be a street with a gas station on it. All that grass comes from a small median on the road. I made the render before I understood anything about the alignment controls that come with the shadow catcher (not that I know much about them now either). I'm not sure if that's what cause the issue with your background or not, but it's a usual suspect.

Yes, I think micro-poly displacement is STILL in beta in Blender Cycles. SMS told me they can add this themselves. Then I asked if that would require a full point release, and they said NO, it could be added in an update for Poser 11. Conversely, that doesn't seem to be a priority to them. I think fixing the non-unimesh innerworks issue is way more serious than this.

I think I don't understand how to use the EZDome3 shadow catcher. I can't make it work in my renders. I could in the beginning, but not anymore.

Very stylish and unique character. The dog interacting with your logo was a nice touch. Outstanding render.

Thank you! I think Nami will bring a brand new cartoonish character style for Dawn, and it seems to work well with Body Type-2 and Type-3. Lots of new options! ^^

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Ok... so this is not so much about Dawn than about her wardrobe. This is a set of dForce freebies you can find in the freebie sektion.
You can find them here
FreyrStrongart Freebies

Attachments

• Straight Down1.png
    Straight Down1.png
    664.2 KB · Views: 131
  • bustlerobe.png
    bustlerobe.png
    653.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Cheongsan.png
    Cheongsan.png
    746.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Setsquare.png
    Setsquare.png
    700.5 KB · Views: 123
  • simple slacks and shirt.png
    simple slacks and shirt.png
    760.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Star sparkle.png
    Star sparkle.png
    643.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Red Dress.png
    Red Dress.png
    621.5 KB · Views: 122

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Fantastic images guys!! Lyne Love your Cheetah Taurs !! They are so cute!!

WOW!! options and more options for clothing FreyrStrongart!! Chibi!!
Passion Storm
Passion Storm.jpg

Products Used: Dawn SE, Sora for Dawn, Dawn Ear morphs, FK's Oriana eyes and lipstick, Dusk SE (Sora's skin on Dusk) Circe outfit - Dawn , War Mage outfit Pants -Dusk, Lisa's botanicals tulips, Passion Storm for Lisa's Botnaicals Tulips (In the Store as of Today), Natures Wonders Moths, Natures Wonders Moths of the World Vol II, Curious Grasses and Vines, Wings Created in Photoshop, Fractals are from Ron's Impressions, Wild Orchid Hair