• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Plus, of course, if people keep buying...

True. If people keep buying, it's their own fault if the newer Genesis figures got to this point.

But then it's obvious to anyone who checks the main markets that more people are *developing* content for G3 and G8. G1 got almost nothing outside of DAZ's own store. G2 did start gaining traction, but it was slow.

I remember buying many 3DU toon characters for the original Genesis. The problem was that G2 was released in a matter of MONTHS later, so vendors didn't have TIME to support it. Remember V4 had YEARS to get contents before Genesis came out, but the original Genesis was replaced rather quickly. As matter of fact, all the Genesis versions had the same fate, being replaced rather quickly, which did NOT encourage vendors to support them, and it's not hard to imagine why. Why support a figure that will be replaced in a year or so?

Here again, if those vendors are Ok with that, it's their own fault if they get frustrated. There is HW here, so Genesis is not the only choice available, as some like to claim.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I may not know sheitz about 3d modeling but I do know marketing and no matter how I try and figure out their game plan it always seems to land arse-up. I recall a connection to another company associated to DAZ. Do they have another company that creates/sells to the animation Market. I was getting newsletters for a while until I asked them to cease.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I may not know sheitz about 3d modeling but I do know marketing and no matter how I try and figure out their game plan it always seems to land arse-up. I recall a connection to another company associated to DAZ. Do they have another company that creates/sells to the animation Market. I was getting newsletters for a while until I asked them to cease.
Yes, Morph3D is what it's called.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sundown HW.jpg

Dreamy Sunset

Scene - Rural Chateau III by Jack Tomalin
Outfit - Cha Cha Top for Dawn by Lully
Cha Cha Skirt for Dawn by Lully
Outfit Textures - Fabric Materials for Poser by Handspan Studios
Background - Fire Mountain MiniPak by PhotoGG

Hornet3d

Wise
Very nice Hornet. Your lighting matches the outdoor scene well.

Thanks for the comment, I started the year with the intention of trying to improve on my renders and make them more complex. I had in mind at the time that it would involve more figures, and that is still an aim, but I want to play the lights and textures as well. This one is lit by four lights, three of them area lights and the last a point light placed in the ceiling lamp behind Dawn to light the alcove. One area light is placed in the ceiling to light the room while a third is placed outside the window and gives the sunset colour. The last light is really a detail light placed close to Dawn to try and enhance the features with a colour set between the other two area lights. On the whole I am happy with the outcome which encourages me to do more, as do your comments.

Thanks again.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is CatsEyes and kitty kit bashing some of my unreleased outfits. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. Tried a new Physical Surface cornea shader, but that didn't work the way I wanted. I think have nailed it in FF, but still couldn't get it right in SF.

CatsAndKitty_1200.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
This is CatsEyes and kitty kit bashing some of my unreleased outfits. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. Tried a new Physical Surface cornea shader, but that didn't work the way I wanted. I think have nailed it in FF, but still couldn't get it right in SF.

View attachment 34861
View attachment 34854
Dreamy Sunset

Scene - Rural Chateau III by Jack Tomalin
Outfit - Cha Cha Top for Dawn by Lully
Cha Cha Skirt for Dawn by Lully
Background - Fire Mountain MiniPak by PhotoGG
I am digging what you do. I like everything about it except I have two questions. One question silly, the other, I don't know as it might be my ignorance talking.

One - Silly. What book is she reading?
Two - Why is that lionhead statue (or head of lion statue) on the divan?

Still has I said. I am digging this and what you do. We both have our heroines though yours is much more prolific in her travels. By the way, has she dumped Turlough and is this Earth?

quietrob

Extraordinary

View attachment 34861
That kitty cat with it's tongue hanging out is just a scene stealer! Are you a cat person, Ken?

I am reading a story in which the protagonist is refered to as "doe eyed fawn". That is what is I thought when I looked at those big blue cat eyes. They are rather striking.

5 Stars as always. (oh and way to sneak your logo in there! Nice!)

Hornet3d

Wise
I am digging what you do. I like everything about it except I have two questions. One question silly, the other, I don't know as it might be my ignorance talking.

One - Silly. What book is she reading?
Two - Why is that lionhead statue (or head of lion statue) on the divan?

Still has I said. I am digging this and what you do. We both have our heroines though yours is much more prolific in her travels. By the way, has she dumped Turlough and is this Earth?

So, silly answer first. Yes this is Earth and the book Caoimhe is reading is the Tale of Two Cities, but then she has been reading this on and off for months. She only reads real books when on Earth and gets frustrated when she thinks 'turn page' and the book fails to respond, even the secondary prompt of winking at it has no effect. The lion's head is there because the alcove look devoid of interest so I added the cushion as a mane (sorry) point of interest.

The boring reality, the book and the cushion were part of the scene from Jack Tomalin and I was just too lazy to remove them. I had not seen the lion until you mentioned it but it was probably not that evident until I changed the texture as I changed the texture both on that and the throw over the divan. I did the same with the light above as it as the alcove was in dark shadow and the lamp did not look right when I add a point light.

As to Turlough..... answer to follow.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe had not seen much of Turlough in the last few months, she was not sure why, perhaps he was upset with her rekindled friendship with Adri and the time she was spending with her. Perhaps his interest in her had waned, she had tried to talk to him about it but on the rare occasions she saw him the right time never seemed happen.

Now, as she sat looking around her the answer to his distance was all too clear. The apartment he had purchased and renovated over the last few months was very different to anything she had seen, but she liked it. Her initial annoyance at being left out of the project was short lived as he made it clear he had a distinct or what he wanted and he felt, with some justification, she would talk him out of it. Now he was at a point he had decided what the place needed now was the woman's touch. She look forward to getting involved with relish.

Turloughs Pad HW.jpg

The Scene (and Background) - Contemporary Living by Stonemason
The Outfit - Diamond Dress by Ken1171 Designs.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That kitty cat with it's tongue hanging out is just a scene stealer! Are you a cat person, Ken?
I am reading a story in which the protagonist is refered to as "doe eyed fawn". That is what is I thought when I looked at those big blue cat eyes. They are rather striking.
5 Stars as always. (oh and way to sneak your logo in there! Nice!)

Thank you, Rob! I am a cats and dogs person. My father used to have a German Sheppard kennel when I was a kid, and I got used to be always surrounded by lots of little black teddy bears. Cats didn't like me at the time because they could smell the dogs on me! LOL

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well I like the casual look, and boots like that will fit any leg, no matter the size and shape, so hence the "comfort". :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Those are UGG wool boots, but I bought a sheep skin one that I had to search on women's stores since they apparently don't make them for men. The sheep skin is imported from Australia, and the boots are incredibly comfy. ^___^

quietrob

Extraordinary
Caoimhe had not seen much of Turlough in the last few months, she was not sure why, perhaps he was upset with her rekindled friendship with Adri and the time she was spending with her. Perhaps his interest in her had waned, she had tried to talk to him about it but on the rare occasions she saw him the right time never seemed happen.

Now, as she sat looking around her the answer to his distance was all too clear. The apartment he had purchased and renovated over the last few months was very different to anything she had seen, but she liked it. Her initial annoyance at being left out of the project was short lived as he made it clear he had a distinct or what he wanted and he felt, with some justification, she would talk him out of it. Now he was at a point he had decided what the place needed now was the woman's touch. She look forward to getting involved with relish.

View attachment 34862

The Scene (and Background) - Contemporary Living by Stonemason
The Outfit - Diamond Dress by Ken1171 Designs.
Excellent composition. She was always a mountain girl and though that big room seems lonely, she is the best decoration that Turlough could wish for. I know from previous segments of our galactic gals travels that she saved Turlough's life. One must wonder, at least at the beginning if the relationship came from Love or gratitude. I do have a challenge comment but it's best saved until I post something as well.

Hornet3d

Wise
Excellent composition. She was always a mountain girl and though that big room seems lonely, she is the best decoration that Turlough could wish for. I know from previous segments of our galactic gals travels that she saved Turlough's life. One must wonder, at least at the beginning if the relationship came from Love or gratitude. I do have a challenge comment but it's best saved until I post something as well.

If gratitude was an angle it is likely to be the other way around. Very early in the story Turlough saves her younger sister, and in the process is sent spiralling into another place and time.

The relationship is torturous from the start as Caoimhe expected him to be arrogant and playing the hero for all it is worth and resists even meeting him. Mainly at her sisters behest she reluctants does meet him and what she finds ia someone who is not only quiet but embarrassed by all the attention which he tries hard to play down. While more than a little attracted to her, even on their first meeting, Turlough resists his own feelings based on the fact he can see not future in it. He can see no reason why she would choose to spend time with him on the basis that he is essentially an alien and there is a massive age difference, but he is judging this on appearance alone and thanks the lifespan of her world the difference is the opposite to what he expects, still a problem mind as he would be her toy boy. Finally he sees her as beautiful, intelligent and confident and he can see no reason why she would be interested in him, in short he feels she is way out of his league. Not your normal tale I know but I really wanted to get away from the James Bond type hero where women fall at the man's feet.

Later in the story she does indeed save his life, on more than one occasion, which ties him closer to her and makes his feelings even more complex.

The challenge peaks my interest.