• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nicely done Traci, and I too have always liked Petipet's work, though I don't happen to have that particular set.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Cool render, Traci! I tend to avoid white on renders because it tends to overblow even with the slightest lighting, making the scene difficult to manage. This is still something I don't know how to handle.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Nicely done Traci, and I too have always liked Petipet's work, though I don't happen to have that particular set.

I'm very happy I grabbed it on sale.

Cool render, Traci! I tend to avoid white on renders because it tends to overblow even with the slightest lighting, making the scene difficult to manage. This is still something I don't know how to handle.

Well, I cheated with this render - that's Vince Banga's white Cotton for Superfly on the clothing. I will say, though, after the Dusk White Tux and Tails using bump or normal maps is absolutely required on white or it does blow out in Superfly. Vince Banga's white uses bump, too.

Hornet3d

Wise

Being into sci-fi I have a lot of Petipet content (it is all great in my view) and I keep a keen eye on his and a few other vendors as the stuff goes on sale quite regularly but only for a day or two usually.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, I cheated with this render - that's Vince Banga's white Cotton for Superfly on the clothing. I will say, though, after the Dusk White Tux and Tails using bump or normal maps is absolutely required on white or it does blow out in Superfly. Vince Banga's white uses bump, too.
I find that a lot of whites need to actually be a light grey so it helps not to get blown out (sometimes it needs to be tweaked depending on how bright the lights are) but definitely needs some kind of bump, that helps too :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I find that a lot of whites need to actually be a light grey so it helps not to get blown out (sometimes it needs to be tweaked depending on how bright the lights are) but definitely needs some kind of bump, that helps too :)

I usually ramp down the diffuse color, sometimes all the way to mid grey, or until it stops blowing up. Sometimes bump/normal help with that, sometimes they don't. White tends to blow up (saturate) when the rest of the scene is reaching about 60% of the desired light, so it's a bummer. I suspect this happens because light response is not linear in 3D, as it is not in the real world. It's exponential, and therefore finicky to control after a certain threshold.

I keep thinking there is something I am doing wrong that could avoid white blowing up in my scenes. The feeling that I don't have to tone down the materials to avoid it, that I should be doing something else. It happens in all renderers I have used so far.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is Dawn with my custom body and face morph, rendered in Poser with Superfly.

LetsPlayBall_1024.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Kit bashing with some of the clothing I have modeled, plus some parts of Brunhilda for Dawn, which is already on the store. Figure is Dawn with an experimental character morph I have been working on with Volpe Box. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

Stargazing_1024.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
Kit bashing with some of the clothing I have modeled, plus some parts of Brunhilda for Dawn, which is already on the store. Figure is Dawn with an experimental character morph I have been working on with Volpe Box. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

View attachment 32219

It looks like a movie ready to happen! Excellent work as always, Ken! Kit bashing is hard but it's getting easier with your inspirations. I thought it was harder to go comic/non realistic style with Superfly but I see I was not right. (I was trying to say the word for not right but it made me choke)

What's a Volpe box?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It looks like a movie ready to happen! Excellent work as always, Ken! Kit bashing is hard but it's getting easier with your inspirations. I thought it was harder to go comic/non realistic style with Superfly but I see I was not right. (I was trying to say the word for not right but it made me choke)

What's a Volpe box?

Thanks! Volpe Box are the guys I have created the CKV-01 scifi outfit with, and I have some other projects going on with them, to include this character morph for Dawn. ^^

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Very nice, Rae! Too bad the right knee is poking through, perfect render otherwise.

Pretty, Hornet. Nice textures on the clothing.

Hornet3d

Wise
Very nice, Rae! Too bad the right knee is poking through, perfect render otherwise.

Pretty, Hornet. Nice textures on the clothing.

Thanks, can't take too much credit though, the clothing is a second skin using a script from Dimension3D and the texture s from a set called 'wicked nets' from lilflame / NemesisT, but I am pleased how it turned out.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks, can't take too much credit though, the clothing is a second skin using a script from Dimension3D and the texture s from a set called 'wicked nets' from lilflame / NemesisT, but I am pleased how it turned out.

Oh, yeah, I have that set from lilflame, too. Great set.