• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

quietrob

Extraordinary
A very classic looking character. I like the brightness of the image. It makes you feel her kiai. Is that the chibi morph for your universal anime head or are you making a dedicated chibi head? You seem to be fond of anime so how 'bout some manga.
View attachment 23285
Cateyes with the tenacity twin tails (tails hidden). I rendered it with poser's comic book render option. I also colored it for good measure.

View attachment 23286
Looks like a good setup for cell shading. Only one step away from proper comic shading.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I had in mind a 'semi-pinup' idea, and was going to use some lovely lace
materials for this lady's jumper...but I fell in love with all the default white satins...

It took hours and hours to get every single part of body, feet, kittens, etc. to be
placed very flat exactly on the floor (Yes, I'm a perfectionist).... this also took a
very long time to finish, being interrupted by a nasty IBS/Fibro "flu" attack, that
put me right down flat for several days... so finally... it's done!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry to hear about the icky interruption, but glad you're back and this is lovely!

Hornet3d

Wise
I had in mind a 'semi-pinup' idea, and was going to use some lovely lace
materials for this lady's jumper...but I fell in love with all the default white satins...

It took hours and hours to get every single part of body, feet, kittens, etc. to be
placed very flat exactly on the floor (Yes, I'm a perfectionist).... this also took a
very long time to finish, being interrupted by a nasty IBS/Fibro "flu" attack, that
put me right down flat for several days... so finally... it's done!

That is simply beautiful, I can see why you fell in love with the satins, I love the way the curtains complement the clothes and the folds in the curtains are fascinating. The background, while subtle, also adds so much.

Sorry to hear you you have suffering, I suffer from bouts of IBS so I really understand how debilitating it can be. Hope you are back to 100% soon.

Hornet3d

Wise
Having a wee play after talking to @Chris about doing a Irish look for Dawn. This is just a first run through of the skin I whipped up last night with very basic settings and the face is just a very very quick dial spin to get away from her default look.
What do you think?

Maybe it was the fact that my father was part Irish but I have a great interest in anything Irish, I even have a female Irish voice on my sat nav as I find it so relaxing when I drive. The Irish look tend to be strangely subtle but distinctive at the same time, assuming that is possible. This looks really good for a first run through.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Maybe it was the fact that my father was part Irish but I have a great interest in anything Irish, I even have a female Irish voice on my sat nav as I find it so relaxing when I drive. The Irish look tend to be strangely subtle but distinctive at the same time, assuming that is possible. This looks really good for a first run through.
Thanks, yeah the look is hard to pin down as you can never quite put your finger on what it is that makes them so distinctive. I used my son as a guide for the skin as he has that really pale creamy complexion, blue eyes, red hair and freckles I think now its just a case of tweeking the settings as far as the skin goes at any rate

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
STUNNING @Lyne!!! Your reflections are so well done and the transparency on the curtain superb!!
@Dreamer aaah a beautiful wee lassie neath the green green leaves!! and LOVE your one with the cat and contortion poses!! I wish I could do Yoga like that !!
@RAMWolff beautiful Marylin type image!!

The Practical Magic Set for Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flowers is now Live in the store perfect for your Halloween Renders with Diva, Zan, Taji , and all manner of things that go bump in the night.

Magic In The Moonlight
MINM.jpg

Products Used: Dawn SE, Diva for Dawn , HiveWire House cat, CWRW's Black Panther Coat, Witch for V4 converted to Diva, Hat is from the Esmeralda outfit, Book is from the Supernatural Slayer Kit with Khel'Sing textures for Supernatural Slayer Kit, Moon rendered in vue, grass is from travelers naturals, Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flowers, with Practical Magic Textures (Live today) Cape is from the Eagle Cape for M4 from share CG re textured, Bow Hair, cauldron is a flower pot resized and textured.

Hornet3d

Wise
STUNNING @Lyne!!! Your reflections are so well done and the transparency on the curtain superb!!
@Dreamer aaah a beautiful wee lassie neath the green green leaves!! and LOVE your one with the cat and contortion poses!! I wish I could do Yoga like that !!
@RAMWolff beautiful Marylin type image!!

The Practical Magic Set for Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flowers is now Live in the store perfect for your Halloween Renders with Diva, Zan, Taji , and all manner of things that go bump in the night.

Magic In The Moonlight
View attachment 30359
Products Used: Dawn SE, Diva for Dawn , HiveWire House cat, CWRW's Black Panther Coat, Witch for V4 converted to Diva, Hat is from the Esmeralda outfit, Book is from the Supernatural Slayer Kit with Khel'Sing textures for Supernatural Slayer Kit, Moon rendered in vue, grass is from travelers naturals, Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flowers, with Practical Magic Textures (Live today) Cape is from the Eagle Cape for M4 from share CG re textured, Bow Hair, cauldron is a flower pot resized and textured.

Love the render and the magic set, went straight into my cart the moment I saw them and I have already had a play. The first image in the I just wanted to post an image thread so I won't post it again here but the set is stunning.