• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Carey

Extraordinary
That's probably because real world natural light usually comes from above, while in 3D scenes we tend to avoid that so the shadows look better placed on the face. The shadows on the eyes come mostly from the lashes, and not so much from the eyelids. The problem is that Poser will "filter" the textures and end up blurring them up, to the point where we barely see any lashes in renders, unless in extreme close-ups.

The reflective edge is probably that "tear" geometry V4 has that most later figures lack. I have found myself missing that geometry in portrait renders with Dawn. That small and almost invisible geometry really makes a difference in realism for portrait renders. In V4 they were just an extension of the eyelids. I miss that with Dawn.
I am very visual, by that I mean my back ground is in things like life drawing or should say drawing the human figure. I don't name things my eye simply looks for things and realizes when it is not there with our really knowing why. I work in 3d much the same way, I "feel" my way through and miss the visual cues I had as a 2d artist and am constantly trying to some how find them or some how create them.... I appreciate some one that can put something like this to words....I'll have to pick on you a great deal more I think...lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am also visual, but also a very technical person. Though we try to emulate the real world in renders, 3D allows for so many things that real world cameras cannot do. The same goes for 3D lighting - we have so much more freedom, but with that we tend to bend realism. In my case, aesthetics are more important than realism, so I really take advantage of the extra versatility to contribute to more artistic images instead of aiming purely for realism. I guess what we do depends on where people want to get with renders.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Third and final Mucha-style Art Nouveau image and I couldn't resist using our own lovely Diva...

Diva AN.jpg

Diva for Dawn by Pendraia, Clarette Rose clothing, shoes and Itarille Pose by Satira Capriccio, Clarette Rose Textures from Bees Knees by Pommerlis, Rabbit by Noggins, Background by sjph-art.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you all! It's amazing how cute our Diva looks in her Clarette Rose outfit. I'm definitely going to have to explore this style a bit further! :thankyou2:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok, think I have the internet back up and it's not being so sketchy and the power has been back on for the last few days!! LOL My phone line got waterlogged lots of static and it affected my router and internet!

@Mythocentric fantastic image and love that rabbit!!
@Lyne OMG WOW California Chrome looks so awesome with Dawn! I so have to download these and they go perfect with Ken's silks expansion set! A perfect day at the races for sure!! The Aussies are gearing up for racing come November with the Melbourne Cup.

Hoping to do some more of these, but lol I'm having to brush up on my cloth sim tutorials! Thanks Dawn!!

Retro Chic Starburst
Starburst.jpg

Products Used:
Dawn SE, Dawn's Heroine Hair, Dawn's Platform Pumps, Clarette Rose for Dawn, Bees Knees for Clarette Rose Part 4 Starburst, HiveWire House Cat, CWRW's Black Panther Coat Texture, Putty Tat Poses for the HiveWire House Cat, Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Sweetheart textures for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Essence Set, Dryad Leaf Scatter, Regalia decos used to accentuate the purse and cloche hat.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ok, think I have the internet back up and it's not being so sketchy and the power has been back on for the last few days!! LOL My phone line got waterlogged lots of static and it affected my router and internet!

@Mythocentric fantastic image and love that rabbit!!
@Lyne OMG WOW California Chrome looks so awesome with Dawn! I so have to download these and they go perfect with Ken's silks expansion set! A perfect day at the races for sure!! The Aussies are gearing up for racing come November with the Melbourne Cup.

Hoping to do some more of these, but lol I'm having to brush up on my cloth sim tutorials! Thanks Dawn!!

Retro Chic Starburst
View attachment 29537
Products Used:
Dawn SE, Dawn's Heroine Hair, Dawn's Platform Pumps, Clarette Rose for Dawn, Bees Knees for Clarette Rose Part 4 Starburst, HiveWire House Cat, CWRW's Black Panther Coat Texture, Putty Tat Poses for the HiveWire House Cat, Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Sweetheart textures for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Essence Set, Dryad Leaf Scatter, Regalia decos used to accentuate the purse and cloche hat.

Love the lighting and the sense of movement. Using Depth of Field to place the character in the middle of the scene really makes the render pop.

Dollmommy

Motivated
I just thought I would share some things that were entered in a Dawn till Dusk contest over at Renderosity. I tried sharing them in the galleries but I guess they aren't actively taking submissions. Didn't know this was here or I would have tried showing it here.This first one I actually won first place, was really surprised about that. It is titled Beach Vacation. Dawn, Dusk and Luna were used.
BeachVacationsigned.jpg

This second one was just another entry of mine in that same contest it is titled Family Fun in the Sun. Dawn, Dusk and Luna were used in this one as well
FamilyFunInTheSunSigned.jpg