• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have never met (in person) anyone called Robin, but again, I have never met (in person) anyone called Ken either. ;p

quietrob

Extraordinary
That's funny, as I had a Bridge partner years ago named Robin, and he said all the jokes he ever got were . . . "oh, your a guy, not a girl". Robin's a common girl's name, and he was, until now, the only male Robin I'd ever met. ;)
I'm glad to be the second one! Your bridge partner is not alone. Miss B, He and I probably went through the same things. As for my two older siblings, the term ruthless is the only way to describe the teasing they gave me. During my teens I was twice sent to girls gym class, which appealed to a hormone filled teenage boy, but not to the girl's gym teacher who was less than impressed with this skinny kid with the girly name. This was repeated in the army when I was assigned to the women's quarters. The first time this happened I demanded a bunk where the Army assigned me. After all I reminded them If you know anything about the U.S. military, they will tell you the Army is never wrong. They agreed, I was correct in my assessment of the Army. However, they told me in this case "the Army was a bit short of being right" before they reassigned me properly.

Bridge? That takes some real smarts. I read a good bridge partner is a precious thing! (Which of course makes me useless)

@Ken1171 Really? You can't throw a rock in America without hitting someone named Ken. Just ask Barbie! (Please tell me you have Barbie where you're from)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@quietrob I have lived in America for 13 years, been to almost all states, and never found a Ken anywhere. It was just me! LOL It's not as common a name as I assumed. I have heard of people called "Ken" on TV or radio, but I never met one in person. And consider I've found at least 4 people just in California with my exact first and last name when I searched the web. There is also one in Canada, a famous Jazz performer. One of these Ken's from California has won a motocross race, and some people thought it was me (same first and last name)! >__<

When the Japanese imperial prince has married, his bride had the same first and last name as my sister, and some people send her congrat cards. LOL

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Bridge? That takes some real smarts. I read a good bridge partner is a precious thing! (Which of course makes me useless)
Oh I don't know about that, just being good at remembering the cards as they're played worked for me. Of course, it's been decades since I've played, and I'm not sure the "memory" is as good anymore. ;)

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Carnations

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
But ... but .... ROBIN HOOD!?! You all remember Robin Hood, right? Robbed from the rich, gave to the poor. Band of Merry Men ... Little John, Friar Tuck, Will Scarlet. Loved Maid Marion. Sherwood Forest. The legend sprung up sometime in the 12th century, with plenty of references that Robin Hood was a real person.

Consequently, Robin has always been a male name to me. Then too, my understanding of the name Robin was that it was a nickname/alt name for Robert. It wasn't until some centuries later that Robin became a girl's name too. Apparently, Robin is now just as commonly a girl's name as it is a boy's name.

I grew up with a Kenny. Who probably goes by Ken as an adult :p

Could be Kenny was more popular for us kids born in the 50s. Turns out, it was most popular in 1957 when 28,039 babies were named Ken. From the 60s on, it's been decreasing in popularity, so it appears that Kens are endangered :wink:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm sure the full-on Kenneth has become endangered as well. We had 2 or 3 attorneys at the firm I worked for named Kenneth, though no one called them anything but Ken. That's not many at all, considering we had over 200 attorneys at the firm, and I worked there for 40 years.

I think the odds of any new babies named Kenneth is pretty small, unless it's a family name being adopted from generation to generation.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@mininessie That's so pretty! Lovely render! ^^

@Satira Capriccio I was one of those Kenny who turned Ken when growing up. My parents wanted to pick Kenneth because of a bar name they liked in Ireland. A BAR NAME. So it could be worse. Then my dad moved to South America, where I've learned about 16 ways to misspell "Kenny". Then we moved to Japan, where people said on my face that "Kenny" was not a person's name, so they asked my name again. Then I moved to America, where Ken seems to have turned into a dork name these days. What's next? >___<

@Miss B My bet is that bar in Ireland isn't so good anymore, so all the Kenneth's are now in danger. LOL