• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Rob, unfortunately, that first line in his response was to a question I asked him about the fractal software he used in another render he did. He wasn't referring to the park he used in the render with Dawn and the kittens.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
What Miss B said. :)

The park is made of a morphing terrain I made for a commission job that I have used in some of my renders. I have modeled 2 willow trees, and then told Octane to scatter them all over the scene, using a density map to avoid having trees on top of the camera. Octane automatically scales, translates, and rotates the trees, so they don't all look the same. This way we can create a forest with only 2 trees, where Octane only keeps 2 in memory - the rest are just instances. Octane calls this a "scatter object", and we can basically turn any object into that if you want to scatter it over your scene. Besides trees, other examples could be rocks and grass patches. This way we can create heavily populated, unique scenes that will look different in every render, yet using little memory. ^___^

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
DawnSE, Hivewire Big Cat - Cougar morph, Xurge3D clothing, Ken's Habitat Extender, Esha's Ground Grass, Feather Hair converted to Dawn using HCSPro rendered in Superfly.

DawnBigCatXurge.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That's beautiful, Traci! Awesome render! ^____^

Feathers! He sees the feathers....

Neat render.

I feel this is one of your BEST art pieces!!!!!!!!! In spite of my grief (over loosing Nickie) I had to sign in to say so.

I have to agree. Great render Traci. :)

Thank you, everyone. I was just playing around with Xurge stuff I bought today - his annual sale is on.

Lyne, I'm soooo sorry about Nickie. So very sad.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Ohhh, I have his Fantasy Rogue Outfit for Dawn. I should go checkout what else I can get. ;)

I bought several M4 sets and converted them to Dusk with Crossdresser. The converted very nicely, except for boots - but the fitting room and a quick rig did those nicely without much effort. I imported the object files and rigged them to Dusk easily.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Super render Traci! The feathers look fantastic with Xurge's outfit!

I also have the Amazon for Dawn and the Necromancer outfit converts quite well to Dusk!

I feel this is one of your BEST art pieces!!!!!!!!! In spite of my grief (over loosing Nickie) I had to sign in to say so.

Hugs Lyne!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I bought several M4 sets and converted them to Dusk with Crossdresser. The converted very nicely, except for boots - but the fitting room and a quick rig did those nicely without much effort. I imported the object files and rigged them to Dusk easily.
I wound up picking up the expansion textures for Dawn's Rogue Fantasy Outfit. ;)