• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hehe I meant it makes it easier to walk with it in dynamic simulations. Without the side cuts, there are poses where the cloth just won't settle. ^^

Hornet3d

Wise
Hehe I meant it makes it easier to walk with it in dynamic simulations. Without the side cuts, there are poses where the cloth just won't settle. ^^

Ooohh, hadn't thought of that, neat trick, I am not that skilled in dynamics but I can see how that would help.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, I have played with other kinds of dresses without the side cuts, and they tend to run up the legs on the slightest stretching, even when just plain walking. In this particular case, the Chinese design does have the cuts, so I didn't make them up, but they do help with dynamics. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is Dawn with my fantasy outfit (still rigging it). Boots from Tenacious outfit by HiveWire3D. Ears and tail from "Animal Anime Pack" available at Content Paradise. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. As usual, I aim for stylized and couldn't care less for realism. ^__^

FoxyOrange_1200.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist

So just so you know, having worn such a dress, it makes it easier to walk in real life too. Those slits aren't there just to show off leg if the dress is very tight around the the thighs and pelvis it's very hard to walk without them.

Hornet3d

Wise
So just so you know, having worn such a dress, it makes it easier to walk in real life too. Those slits aren't there just to show off leg if the dress is very tight around the the thighs and pelvis it's very hard to walk without them.

I remember one of the shows that shows clips of people getting things wrong. One particular clip showed petite young woman in a dress similar to the one portrayed but it was ankle length and had no slits. To be able to negotiate a number of stone steps into a building the young lady had to turn sideways on to the steps and take each step individually. I had to admire her determination.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

Thanks for the info - learning never ends. Looks like the Chinese are wise people. ^^

Last edited:

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I made this new 4K texture for the cheongsam dress. I am making a shader setup that allow changing the base and detail colors independently. In this render, the dress was conformed on the upper body, and dynamic on the lower part. This greatly optimizes the dynamics, and makes realistic dress fitting in any pose. ^___^

The pantyhose and shoes are from my "Classic Bunny Suit", and the bracelet is from my "Diamond Dress". Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

View attachment 25237
Gorgeous!

Hornet3d

Wise
Another great render, this really has punch. The conversion is fantastic and I can't say I notice anything out of place on the beads but then you clearly know this outfit better than me.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Another great render, this really has punch. The conversion is fantastic and I can't say I notice anything out of place on the beads but then you clearly know this outfit better than me.

Thank you, Hornet. If you look closely, the beads on the fringe of the right shoulder are distorted by the bend. I really like the Face of Asia products, but Virtual World's stuff is always great.

Beautiful!

Thank you!

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you, Hornet. If you look closely, the beads on the fringe of the right shoulder are distorted by the bend. I really like the Face of Asia products, but Virtual World's stuff is always great.

I see it now, it is not a issue for me but I guess once you notice it becomes and issue each time you look. Still and fantastic render as is.