• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Skiver sounds better...; )

Did a Diva fit for Willow's sneakers but they need some dirty textures these ones are too white.
What did you say.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Can I join your club too, Myth, being as I'm a Skiver from way back ;)

I want to be a Skiver Hiver!

Good Heavens! At this rate we're going to need a badge and a team motto! (If it isn't too much bother!) Welcome one and all to the wonderful world of conserving energy! Hummm! I hope that doesn't sound too energetic! :sleep:

I believe the term derives from the ancient Greek word - Skivos - Hornet, which translates as, "Having things to do but too laid back to rush things Dude!"

Last edited:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
There seems to be some confusion creeping in here. Skiving is not about laziness, idleness or, indeed any other kind of ness. Skiving is in fact a deep, abiding state of mind achieved only by practice and natural inclination. The best way to describe this state of perfect Skive is to imagine the image of the Australian aborigine, those past Masters of Antipodean Zen, as he stands motionless for hours in a vast desert landscape, leaving on his spear, one leg raised as he gazes into the distance. Hold that image! Concentrate on it until you can visualise it clearly and allow yourself to become one with him as he looks off into the Dreamtime beyond ordinary, earthbound physicality. Hold that thought as you cast off the mores of the base emotions and demands of your bodily urges. Got that? Now! Slowly raise your other leg! :rolleyes: