• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

D

Deleted member 325

I think I am almost ready to send this one to full render.
Rocket Dawn.jpg
Started it last summer for a challenge or contest here (can't remember which) then had lots of things interfere.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hey that looks awesome, KageRyu! What outfit is it? :D

Below is a CatsEyes portrait with some eye shader experimentation. Cycles/Superfly has an issue with eye shaders I have been struggling with for a while. It tends to turn the cornea into a milky glass that gives me the creeps. The trick here is to control specularity on a transparent surface, so that it catches reflections without turning into a mirrored glass (ugh!). There is no perfect solution, but I think this shader has a good balance between anisotropic reflections that won't completely overtake the iris. I will be using this from now on, and see if it works in different lighting conditions.

Figure is Dawn with my CatsEyes character, rendered in Poser with Cycles.

KatsPortrait_1200.jpg

D

Deleted member 325

Hey that looks awesome, KageRyu! What outfit is it? :D
Thank you.
It's actually a bit of a kitbash from I think 2 outfits (might be 3, already packed up the workstation for travel so I can't look right now). One is the Steampunk Heroine for Dawn from Jonnte (Shoulder piece, most of dress, arm guards, holster, raygun on the one woman), the other was Powerage's Super-Vixens club for Dawn (boots, rest of bodysuit/dress). The beret was from Panko's Berrets for M4/V4 (unsure if it's still available), and the rifle was the steampunk Rifle with the Electro Power add on from Cybertenko. I re-textured the dress, bodysuit, shoulder guard, arm guards, and boots with materials from Parrot Dolphins sets. I can't remember which set the goggles were from. Poses from scratch.

D

Deleted member 325

Oh, forgot, the rocket packs were from an old M3 set with modded textures.

Hornet3d

Wise
I want it more natural, not looking like she had injections...lol.
Need to work n those eyes though, the bottom shows some sort of reflection...sigh.
And need to do a bit more on the texture and shaders.
I'm not in a rush since I still have the BeJeweled for HW Horse to get out. :)

I love the render and look forward to see how it develops. The reflection in the bottom of the eye looks reminiscent of the tear surface with V4 which I never liked but there is no equivalent with Dawn. Looking at the camera angle it looks as though it might be the reflection of the lower eyelid, particularly as the reflection thickens as it get closer to the lacrimal.

Sorry to hear about your sister but a lovely way to remember her and pay tribute.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks!

Yes it has an image behind (I tried tweaked the colours a little to match the trunk to make it a little less noticeable), I'll have to check what lighting, I've been using the default lighting a little (P11) but I've been using Faniana's Warm'N'Soul lights (if I used them it would have been the neutral one) they are sooo pretty. In the write up it says it was specially developed for dark skin colours but I've found they are just as nice for any skin colour.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I use Warm 'n'Soul lights most of the time.
When I use a background image, either on the prop from IDL 2 or Paper Roll, I try to adjust the position of the shadow casting lights to match shadows in the image.

Rea, I love that render, it is wonderful!