• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Sora for Dawn renders here.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Posting "Contemplation" on facebook now.

oh cool! I have to admit I have been doing more (not all) images "square" for you to be able to fit them in the limits of where you want to post/share them !:)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I got all mixed up posting that, and had to clarify it...but I'm so happy I can now use Sora... the dialing I did was really very subtle and she should pose fine, while all the clothing will now follow what I did! :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
and TAAA DAA! I DIALED Sora's body out (had to make the whole body -1.00 to negate the Sora body morph) Then I RE-DIALED Dawn's body into the Sora shapes/sizes and NOW I can have "Sora" wear anything! (and also used a tiny bit of X scaling)... Can't show her body 'naked' but it's 99.9% shaped like Sora!! But hey, where there is will there is a way!! :)
View attachment 19259

Edited to take the 'dyslexia' out...clarify!
Smart!! She looks awesome!! I also know it was a little tedious!

Last edited:

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Great stuff all

Cheers

Jon

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
So I went to google and asked: do anime characters use guns? Seems they do, so I'm going to buy the MadGhost Sawed Off Shotgun, hope it works with the HW gun poses... all 'cause there are shot gun shells on Sora's belt....! (tried to make them invisible, but there is no belt under... I do wish there was a 'belt only' version, I love that belt!)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Cool render, Traci! Don't worry about Anime - Sora is not exactly in that style. That would be beyond Dawn's geometry scope. Nothing to worry about. ^^

A traditional Anime head is most definitely within the geometry scope of Dawn. You may remember that Sparky had at one point started creating a traditional anime character from Dawn. We didn't want to tread on her efforts and I personally like a more stylized look, so we created Sora. You may also recall that I morphed the many and varied creature heads for Dawn, Dusk and Baby Luna that are far more extreme that any traditional anime style head and body.

10787-dusk-s-creature-heads-promo5.jpg
10787-dusk-s-creature-heads-promo9_1.jpg
10792-dawn-s-creature-heads-promo4.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
A traditional Anime head is most definitely within the geometry scope of Dawn. You may remember that Sparky had at one point started creating a traditional anime character from Dawn. We didn't want to tread on her efforts and I personally like a more stylized look, so we created Sora. You may also recall that I morphed the many and varied creature heads for Dawn, Dusk and Baby Luna that are far more extreme that any traditional anime style head and body.

I was referring to traditional "flat" Anime eyes, which is not about size or shape, but structure. Aiko had big eyes, but that alone doesn't make Anime style. Disney uses big eyes, and it's not Anime. I don't think spherical eyes can produce traditional Anime style, and I have shown examples of what happens when it was tried. It requires a more flat eye structure, and Dawn can't go that way.

BTW, what happened to Sparky's project?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
The spherical eyes can also take morphs to flatten just fine.

Not sure about Sparky, will have to reach out to her and see what's up.