• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Sora for Dawn renders here.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
If the seams are where there would be real clothing seams they wouldn't have to match exactly but they should at least look like they have been matched in the more obvious places like along the bust area which is in the line of vision. Some patterns are impossible to match...
Right so bust and back glove and sleeve, but different front and back?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
From what I can see on your renders the front and sides are matched very well, probably better than many sewers would have done. Certainly better than what you buy in many stores.
The back seam is going to be trickier with that type of pattern and sometimes you can line that up and the sides. So it becomes a choice about which area is most important. For me that would be the sides and front and more renders are done from those angles. My opinion for what it's worth... others might disagree.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Good opinion, but lol the sides really don't match up all that well. Yes, the back is going to be the most difficult, but think I can put a fake seam down the center of it.
Seam.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think it will all depend on the pattern, because I don't mind the sample you used above, I think because the yellow on the belt is in pretty much the same spot so it looks intentional.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I think it will all depend on the pattern, because I don't mind the sample you used above, I think because the yellow on the belt is in pretty much the same spot so it looks intentional.
Yeah, I will have to experiment more! Thanks for the information and opinions.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, NA. I love Octane, but the materials are still too limited comparing to FF and SF. There are no math nodes, so things can get complicated for my usual shaders. But in the end it renders so freaking fast, it's easy to forget about such things. ;p

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I really like how her skin came out and that bunny suit is totally rocking!! I think I need to Xmas list that and check out Octane too!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL yeah these are more true anime style shapes =) than what the norm would look like. I need to play around with her more! They make her look darn sexy I think!

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes, that style was Square/Enix response to their huge box office failure with FF: Spirits Within, where attempts to achieve photo-realisn spooked people out with "uncanny valley" effect. Since then, the studio has dropped realism in favor of this semi-realistic style I use in my gallery. I am a big fan. :)

@Miss B Oh yes, it was tough to find the exact rifle model Youko used in the TV series. ^^

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Have a nice day!
Have a nice Day 23.jpg

LOL! ..... I've been toying with this idea for a bit. Thought for a few minutes of giving her a cigar ..... kind of a take off of Clint Eastwood.
Mixed char with Dawn's face morphs 65% Sora though.
Products Used: @Ghostman 's MadGhost sawed off shotgun, Sora for Dawn, Dawn's Skinny Jeans with CWRWs classic Denim's textures, Tenacity boots and belt + custom textures, Fashionista Hair, custom eyes, Heavy Cruiser motorcycle.

Last edited: