• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I noticed that background as well, and it's nice. I usually only use HDRi images for outdoor scenes in Poser, though they can be used for indoor scenes, or promos like yours as well. I just haven't done so as yet.

Eota

Inspired
View media item 5869Quick, sloppy test with the Daz strand hair to see how to play with it. Apparently you can't add Dforce to it (unless you're a Daz vendor), which was a little disappointing, but it is very fun for making dramatic, floating manes and tails! Haven't tried fetlocks yet, as I was a bit intimidated by the idea of trying to blend the short hairs into the coat (and I have yet to figure out how to change the colour of the hair itself for Iray). Posing took some guesswork, as the editor shows the figure in T-pose (or Harry's equivalent in this case), but editing the hair was very quick and painless! I don't think it'll replace LAMH at all, but it certainly is easier and faster rendering for me for quickly sculpting in a dramatic style on Harry. (For anyone interested, I maxed Clumping 1 and the Bias for it, with very slight frizz at the base, because I liked the painterly effect of the strands. I think I had density for the tail at about 50 and the mane at roughly 70-80. While I did sloppily postwork lighting, I did not paint in any hair in post.)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
View media item 5869Quick, sloppy test with the Daz strand hair to see how to play with it. Apparently you can't add Dforce to it (unless you're a Daz vendor), which was a little disappointing, but it is very fun for making dramatic, floating manes and tails! Haven't tried fetlocks yet, as I was a bit intimidated by the idea of trying to blend the short hairs into the coat (and I have yet to figure out how to change the colour of the hair itself for Iray). Posing took some guesswork, as the editor shows the figure in T-pose (or Harry's equivalent in this case), but editing the hair was very quick and painless! I don't think it'll replace LAMH at all, but it certainly is easier and faster rendering for me for quickly sculpting in a dramatic style on Harry. (For anyone interested, I maxed Clumping 1 and the Bias for it, with very slight frizz at the base, because I liked the painterly effect of the strands. I think I had density for the tail at about 50 and the mane at roughly 70-80. While I did sloppily postwork lighting, I did not paint in any hair in post.)
Wonderful image! I could see this floaty mane on the seahorse, too! Fantastic!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
It has been a long time since I've done a picture with a unicorn. So I indulged myself with the pleasure of doing this peaceful scene.

Credits:

HiveWire Unicorn by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Horse - Arabian by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Foal by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 3 (Faithful Beauty Moth) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Coneflower by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Flinks Green Hills by Flink at Renderosity
Flinks Green Hills - Flowers Add-on by Flink at Renderosity
Flinks Instant Meadow 2-Flowers 5 by Flink at Renderosity
Flinks Tree 5 by Flink at Renderosity
XfrogPlants Europe-1 Version 2.0 (European Hackberry)
A Fairies Place by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity

Unicorn Meadow
Unicorn Meadow.jpg

Eota

Inspired
Beautiful morph and lighting, Flint Hawk! I love the shimmer of gold in the hair especially, with all the colours in the eyes. I already wanted to pick up Ken's lovely moth packs, but this makes me want them even more! The way you've layered/painted the scene makes it look like a tapestry morphing into reality as it gets closer to the viewer. Beautiful!

Eota

Inspired
View media item 5876
And thank you very much for the kind input, you two! Once you said it, Dakorillon, I couldn't resist trying it out on the seahorse. In further strand hair news, I'm a dumb-dumb and you need to select all the surfaces of the strand hair object in order to change the hair colour in iray- but once you do, you can easily slap a hair shader on it and it works just fine. Dumb-dumb discoveries part 2 is that the strand hair editor does NOT automatically load in T-pose, but in whatever pose the character was in when you INITIALLY created the strand hair object, which will make it much easier to sculpt a hairstyle around a specific pose on something like the HW Horse tail, for instance, as long as you apply the pose before making the hair.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The Magic of Books-A Unicorns Tale.jpg

The Magic of Books: A Unicorn's Tale

Since the story I wrote & printed in the book doesn't show completely, it is included below.

After a hard days work a horse was turned out into its meager pasture.

In the distance the horse could see a land with beautiful, lush green pastures and a flowing stream with elegant swans swimming on it.

A young girl with a pretty pink dress stood at the edge of the pasture. She was accompanied by some hungry white geese. More geese were flying in the distance, coming to join the rest of their flock.

Also in the pasture were a flock of sheep.

On the other side of the stream were quaint cottages and out buildings.

The girl held a delicious red apple in her hand and beckoned to the horse.

The book laying in the horse's path was no obstacle to its strong legs, as it climbed up onto the books open pages.

Magically the horse felt itself transforming and turning into a pure white unicorn!

Credits:

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Unicorn by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Dawn Special Edition by Christopher Creek Art, CG Cubed, Lisa's Botanicals & Virtual World at HiveWire 3D
Brooke by Teknology3d at Renderosity
Bo Peep by Regina LaGrone (Lady Littlefox Designs) at RDNA
Bo Peep Meadows by Varnayrah (Mechthild Boos) at RDNA

SBRM Flock Formations & SBRM Flock Formations 2 by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D
SBRM Flock Formations Materials (Snow Geese) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D
Songbird ReMix Waterfowl Vol 3 - Swans of the World (Mute Swan) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire 3D

Lyne's Creations FREE Sheep at lynescreations.com

Pred Pack Poppies by Predatron at DAZ

Silver Birch by Raul Lunia (Dinoraul) at Renderosity
Aspen DR by Raul Lunia (Dinoraul) at Renderosity
Japanese Maples by Stonemason at DAZ
XfrogPlants Europe-1 Version 2.0 (European Hackberry)
XfrogPlants Lombardy Poplar

Poseable Book by Ron Paludan (3DCritter)
3DScenery: Mountain Set by ShaaraMuse3D & HWWO at Renderosity
GB Old Masters Backgrounds by Gill Brooks (GillB)-Digital Designs Unlimited

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This is a Gypsy Vanner. When they are in action, their elegant moves. with their luxuriant mane, tail & feathers (the hairs on their legs) makes them look like they are dancing.

Credits:

HiveWire Draft Horse by CG Cubed, Christopher Creek Art & CWRW at HiveWire3D
CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack 1 by CWRW at HiveWire3D

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 2 (Crimson Speckled Flunkey) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Asiatic Lily by Lisa Botanicals with Jungle Heat for Asiatic Lily by Napalm Arsenal at HiveWire3D
Dance of the Flowers Wings Expansion Set by Napalm Arsenal at HiveWire3D
Fallen Tree by Christopher Creek Art, Sarsa, Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Rowan Trees Megapack by -esha- at DAZ

Gypsy Dancer
Gypsy Dancer.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
This is a Gypsy Vanner. When they are in action, their elegant moves. with their luxuriant mane, tail & feathers (the hairs on their legs) makes them look like they are dancing.

Credits:

HiveWire Draft Horse by CG Cubed, Christopher Creek Art & CWRW at HiveWire3D
CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack 1 by CWRW at HiveWire3D

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 2 (Crimson Speckled Flunkey) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Asiatic Lily by Lisa Botanicals with Jungle Heat for Asiatic Lily by Napalm Arsenal at HiveWire3D
Dance of the Flowers Wings Expansion Set by Napalm Arsenal at HiveWire3D
Fallen Tree by Christopher Creek Art, Sarsa, Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Rowan Trees Megapack by -esha- at DAZ

Gypsy Dancer
View attachment 47910
Gorgeous Flint and Luannmarie!!

I need to finish up on the Vanner Morph, but am focusing on the next cat morph at the moment! Is this Overo coat texture one you created Flint? It turned out beautiful and thanks for using Jungle Heat lily textures and Dance of the Flowers Background! Strand based hair system?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
An oldie!
Beauty Has Her Way
Artistic Render 4.jpg

Products Used:
Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, Ombre for Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower, HiveWire 3D horse, Friesian Texture, CWRW's MNT3, Curious Grasses and Vines, Ultimate Butterfly Collection, Unicorn eye color, Fairies and Jewels created in Photoshop, Background is From Dance of the Flowers Expansion Set, Moonbeam13's Rose Romantica Roses

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
That is a lovely portrait luannemarie!

Thank you NapalmArsenal! The coat texture on my Gypsy Vanner is a modification of some of Laurie's textures. Your Beauty Has Her Way is really striking!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thank you Flint_Hawk and NapalmArsenal. Every once in a while I have this urge to do a close up and work on lighting to expose the simple beauty of these animals.
I'm with you there! They are beautiful to look at and to watch move. LOL I think sometimes that they are a form of God's poetry expressed in a living creature. Oh he writes in the sunset too ....... so many things full of his poems. Love your work! =)