• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lovely Luanne...

@English Bob, I don't do many horse renders and initially as I already had Milhorse and Dazhorse 2, I hesitated over buying another horse figure. That said Harry is just amazing...he would be the best horse I've ever used and the most versatile and who can go past Laurie's amazing textures and the wonderful morphs for all the breeds.

Thanks HaiGan...

English Bob

Adventurous
Headcollar? Ayup. For Harry, or for the ol' Poser nag? Never mind, have both!

Many thanks! I actually had Horsefeathers6 in my files - downloaded it in 2003... :oops:

I don't do many horse renders and initially as I already had Milhorse and Dazhorse 2, I hesitated over buying another horse figure. That said Harry is just amazing...he would be the best horse I've ever used and the most versatile and who can go past Laurie's amazing textures and the wonderful morphs for all the breeds.

I don't doubt that Harry is the bee's knees. I've seen enough great renders of him to be sure of that. I made a tweed texture and was doing test renders, and the idle thought crossed my mind 'if this is a horsewoman, she should have a horse'. I've probably now spent longer on tweaking the Heavy Horse than I did on the original project. That's how it goes sometimes, and I'd be a fool not to follow inspiration when it presents itself.

At least the draft morphs are on sale at present. When I take into account all the cash I've splashed on this hobby, Harry will be naught but a drop in the ocean. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...sounds like something I would do myself. That's actually how Diva was created. I wanted to see if I could do something similar to the mixer that was being using in Poser to create kids.

Lianam

Eager
Going For a Ride....

I have not made up my mind to add more or not. I had to do a lot of fiddling to get Harry Harnessed and hooked up to the Sled. He was a good boy stood there forever. :)
Going For a RIde 2016.png

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I love the Tack Fit Helper! Although one bead on the collar went wonky (stretched) and I did post... this is a test, it is only a test... ;)
(my latest freebie chestnut pinto for Harry, using Laurie's sorrel pinto mane and tail - did replace the mane's white areas with copies of the sorrel hair on the map, saved with new name.) and of course Daio's Show Off mane/tail poses!!! and I have to say her 'old' maps for the Native Tack sure hold up well!!!

Reins are PLACED and parented, headstall uses the UNICORN DIALS on the original tack piece to help fit it to Harry's head)
IndianPintoTest.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've got a render chewing away with Smay's Cat Saddle and cargo boot scaled and parented to Harry (Shetland Morph plus about a third 3DU's 'Toon horse added in). It scales and fits very nicely, but I suspect that it needs to be re-rigged. It's got the whole rig for the MilCat included, but not a bit of a bone to position the stirrups. There's a riding pose which moves them, but applying it in Studio does nothing.

It would seen that bones for stirrup straps and the stirrups themselves would be about all that would be needed. Although, it appears to me that a couple of bones on each side of the cinch might make it possible to scale portions of the cinch rather than the saddle as a whole. Which could help.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh, I'll post it. Either here, or in the Just Wanted to Post an Image thread. All the human figures are 3DU G3 ;Toons in varying percentage of morph. But Harry is definitely Harry. So it will probably be here.

Not until some time tomorrow -- if all goes well. There are trees, so at 4 hours in, I'm only 17% finished.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, usually letting it render overnight solves the problem.

Last night was weird though. I left it at about 30% done, to chew on overnight, and in the morning, Studio was open and running, but there was no scene in the viewport, and nothing in the scene list, and the render window was gone.

I've no idea what happened. A power outage would have lost the render, but it wouldn't have re-opened Studio. The best I can guess is that it was something from the OS (which had started nagging me to install a system update, only I wanted to wait until the render had finished). That's only a guess, though. The "update me" notice was still showing, and had certainly not been done in my absence.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's weird...like you said the system shutting down or restarting wouldn't leave DS open and the scene gone.