• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Baby Luna Renders Here!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So unexpectedly this happened today.

I've been trying to figure out a style of clothing for a game I've been developing. The idea of using traditional Vietnamese clothing occurred to me. While I was doing research I found an adorable picture of a little girl wearing an Ao Dai. And so I had to make this. I need to figure out how to do a better job on the seems at the shoulder. Not hiding them, showing them in a way that doesn't look like a bad UV, because I think the way the front is cut adds to the look.

The question is, do I keep adjusting the one for Luna, or go on to making one for Dawn.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I would LOVE to have this on Luna!!

Dawn would be great, too, but Luna needs clothes! :D

I think it's gorgeous, GG! Is it dynamic? It looks like it would be best suited for dynamics. Regardless of which figure you go for with it, I think it's just lovely!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I would LOVE to have this on Luna!!

Dawn would be great, too, but Luna needs clothes! :D

I think it's gorgeous, GG! Is it dynamic? It looks like it would be best suited for dynamics. Regardless of which figure you go for with it, I think it's just lovely!

Thanks. Yes, it is dynamic. And you're right, now that I think about it, Luna doesn't have many clothes. Plus there are some cute additions I can make. The picture that inspired it I originally thought had cuffs. I checked a lot of other pictures of this kind of garment, and realized that there usually aren't cuffs, and that the sleeves were rolled up because they were too long. Plus there's a pretty cute headband. Sadly I don't think I could make the shoes.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Great work Jodel. Have you tried exporting to an object once it's the right size and the reimporting and using the transfer utility to fit it to Luna? Should work for most things except skirts which would need additional work on the weight maps. To convert easily from kit you would need a kit clone plus templates.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
No, haven't tried that. Might work a good deal better. The issue was that the bones seemed to be in the wrong places for Luna. Plus, of course most of these were gen3 vintage so the bones are different in the first place. Trying to get the crotch up to where Luna's is was a battle, and the thighs are spaced way far apart and are skinny (Kit definitely shows a certain ancestral resemblance to the old ball-and-hosepipe style of 'Toon). Just getting the parts into place was a battle, and I never got the thighs wide enough, because scaling goes wonky. Scaling a specific area up, is just as likely to make it scale down, and everything around it distorts as well, rather than just staying at the same scale.

I'm not at all familiar with the Transfer Utility. Although I know it's widely used. I tend to just bully things into place for a static image and render it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No, haven't tried that. Might work a good deal better. The issue was that the bones seemed to be in the wrong places for Luna. Plus, of course most of these were gen3 vintage so the bones are different in the first place. Trying to get the crotch up to where Luna's is was a battle, and the thighs are spaced way far apart and are skinny (Kit definitely shows a certain ancestral resemblance to the old ball-and-hosepipe style of 'Toon). Just getting the parts into place was a battle, and I never got the thighs wide enough, because scaling goes wonky. Scaling a specific area up, is just as likely to make it scale down, and everything around it distorts as well, rather than just staying at the same scale.

I'm not at all familiar with the Transfer Utility. Although I know it's widely used. I tend to just bully things into place for a static image and render it.
I may have to give it a try and work out a process...your images look great! Bones in the wrong place should be fixed by exporting and then importing as a new object and using either autofit or the transfer utility (they are very similar but the transfer utility will give more options iirc) .

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Cool render Lyne...though the title made me chuckle. Luna's a bit young for what I was thinking though! lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...obviously in the gutter this morning. Taka and the title together it just popped in. I must admit initially I was too busy looking at Taka to notice Luna was there and then felt bad when I saw her there.