• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Baby Luna Renders Here!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Still been playing off and on with Luna as I got stuck with doing Davi and need to think about how to get around the problem...here's my Deidre morph with fairy ears and thin body morph dialed in. Hair is GnKnicky not sure of spelling and the Genesis Mavka outfit that I converted to Dawn and then to Luna. Wings are from the original Mavka...
deidre fairy.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A little something I started last night, and finished up tonight. Wasn't sure if I should put this in Luna's thread Harry's, but well.. here it is. :)

Whisper, Baby Luna, Karth's shoes, and Karth's romper outfit for Luna with my WIP textures on the romper. Possible WIP poses for Whisper and Luna as well.

Environment -
LisaB's forest portals and then a whole TON of plants from Predatron, Flink, Esha, and Orestes.

DS 4.8; 3Delight render with a DOF cam
Minor postwork in Corel Photopaint

Whisper and Luna.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Luna Sleeper.png
Luna Sundress.png

These aren't actually renders, They were exercises in scaling and parenting. When the Luna clones didn't work I wandered off and tried fitting things to her that I knew weren't supported. These are outfits for Kit, which have migrated from the Deep Freeze collection and made a reappearance at DAZ for an intro price of $1.49.

Kit is, first; a 'Toon, and second; about a decade behind the curve technologically, but I was able to bully them onto Luna. The mesh broke on the bloomers, and while I did first try transferring Luna's rigging to both outfits through autofit, I ultimately ended up just loading, scaling and parenting most of the pieces. I applied a smoothing modifier (which I'd not done before) and that helped, particularly where the mesh broke.

I got the whole sundress outfit onto Luna without having to make any parts invisible. But the sleeper wasn't so cooperative. And there is still some poke-through under the lacy socks' cuffs.

On the whole, I'd say it was *about* doable, but a hassle and a half. I had some initially good results from the old CupCake dress for Maddie, which I may give another go to when I get home from class.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
On the whole, I'd say it was *about* doable, but a hassle and a half. I had some initially good results from the old CupCake dress for Maddie, which I may give another go to when I get home from class.

I think it looks adorable on Luna, though. Especially the animal print sleeper. This would probably be a lot easier to do with proper projection templates. We'll get them eventually, but for now, yeah, there's a lot of fiddling to do with things.

Still. I just LOVE the way that sleeper looks on her! It's so CUTE!! :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, the problem is that neither outfit is actually fit to the figure. Just parented. So you would end up posing the figure first and then having to pose the clothing items all over again to get them back on her.

At that point you load things like shoes and socks twice and delete the unwanted bits in both copies and then go in and parent things to the individual foot. I do that all the time with V4 shoes and boots on Genesis. It's a hassle, but it works as well as it needs to.

Actiually, for a sleeper, I think I would probably give this one a pass and go with Mada's old Rabbit's Tales for MilBaby3, which doesn't have nearly the issues of fit, even though her sleeper doesn't have attached feet. (It does, however have a bunny hood with ears -- and a tail!) And even though it would also have to be scaled and parented. It at least is shaped to go on an actual baby, even though a different one.

The issue with this item is that Kit is a 'Toon, and her proportions are strange. She has a much longer and broader torso, while her limbs are short and spindly. And she stands splay-legged. Or at least the sleeper does. Trying to get the legs together tends to break the mesh. And the legs still end up too narrow for Luna's thighs.

I just got home, and have a couple of things to deal with. But later on I'll have at it with Rabbit Tales and CupCake and post them as well.

I was rather pleased with the way twiddling with the transparency worked for the hair. Mind you, I don't know how well the method would work with darker hair. This is the old AprilYSH Blaine hair in the lightest blond that I have for it. Scalp at 33%, Hair 1 at 25% and Hair 2 at 50%.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Okay, had a bit of time and did a couple more tests. The Rabbit Tales sleeper was a great disappointment. Regardless of whether I used the original rigging or Luna's I couldn't get it out of the T position without it distorting like mad. Smoothing might have helped a bit, but even letting the kid sit down was not actually doable. A pity, because in T position it's very cute.

On the other hand, Mada's later bunny suit for gen4, Cuddles, looks a lot more promising. It won't autofit either, and I suspect that you might not want to try, since this one has the Toddler morph, which helps enough that you probably wouldn't want to lose it. There also isn't so much suit to break when you try to pose it around Luna. I didn't take the time to make an attempt to show it posed.

The CupCake dress (here shown with Spiritfoxy's Whispering Petals texture set) actually works. you need to scale down the Y axis as well as the overall scaling, and parent the dress to Chest 2, but once that's done, it's mainly posing the collars to get them into place. whatever additional tweaking is minimal. The skirt handles are something that you wouldn't want to lose either, so don't even try autofiting.

A word of warning about Spiritfoxy's textures. rather a lot of them when applied make parts of the actual garment disappear. I suspect that this is a glitch. But it's an annoying one, since I don't know a work around other than to apply the textures manually and then tweak the opacity.

Luna Rabbit.png
Luna -- Cuddles.png
Luna--Cupcake.jpg