• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ron's Misadventures

Carey

Extraordinary
I try to be a content creator.. problem is I can't use a program like blender as I too depend on pretty pictures to tell me what each function does. I have some pretty high powered modelers. but they all use commands and have no pictures. It takes me forever to memorize commands for some reason..... I do how ever have fun creating new characters, but you have to understand I have been messing with 3D for over twenty years. I say that with some disappointment that I am not further along in 3D knowledge then I am, primarily because it has become very clear that from here on out, learning new things are going to get increasingly harder......lol

I've been messing with Poser & DAZ Studio for 15 years. I still feel like a beginner. But I have fun sometimes, and other people get a laugh!

I fiddled a bit more with my Marlin Fingle cast and the Moonshine's Diner. I decided it's best to stick with 3-Delight rendering mode till I can afford to buy or build a new PC. I still need to work on lighting!
Marlin04sm.png

Terre

Renowned
There's always more to learn. Eventually you'll be able to get a better computer and try out other things.

Carey

Extraordinary
Yes, I work mostly in DAZ Studio. I followed a lighting tutorial once, but the results were terrible.
did you check out youtube? there are lots of tutorials there. Not sure really how best to be a friend here to you. Last time I bought lights for daz, daz upgraded daz studio and the lights I had just bought stopped working. So I stopped using daz period...

I'll look around YouTube later. Most DAZ Video tutorials suck. I make better tutorials, but retired years ago. Don't worry about being a friend. I will figure it out eventually. It's only been a decade or so!

Carey

Extraordinary
I'll look around YouTube later. Most DAZ Video tutorials suck. I make better tutorials, but retired years ago. Don't worry about being a friend. I will figure it out eventually. It's only been a decade or so!
Okay, I understand, the position of friend is probably filled, but let me know when perhaps an opening comes up for fifth cousin, I'll even settle for being the black sheep if that is what it takes....lol

You misunderstand. I have an ever-increasing number of friends. For now, here, I'm sharing my artistic misadventures. I think the lighting is pretty good on this one.

Carey

Extraordinary
lol, please forgive my warped sense of humor Ron, Perhaps I better make a proper introduction of myself... I am a writer...I write humor and tall tales now there might be some debate as to whether I am an Artist or not. But being able to write things that people laugh is something that sticks... No I am afraid you are stuck with me as a friend and I am too married to marry into your family to become a fifth cousin twice removed....lol

I am here to learn, make friends, be helpful if I can and have fun... I often get them intermixed or confused.....

Carey

Extraordinary
I am more of the Bill Crosby type of humorist, I didn't even know I was until I was forced to write in college for English. Teacher had me stand up and read it for the class. I had that class eating out of my hands and rolling on the floor laughing....I was hooked....Hulk.jpg
Hulk.jpg