• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ron's Misadventures

Terre

Renowned
I just had a thought about the mother-daughter situation. What if the daughter's phone got killed and she decided to go with another carrier and the only place she had her phone "book" was on the dead phone? I don't know how many times I've heard people say that they lost all of their contacts.

Beats me. My iPhone syncs in with my contacts on my Macs & iPad. My LG "dumb phone" synched in with Google & Gmail. I liked the integration. I just hated that crappy LG phone.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Bill collectors are why I stopped answering my home phone 10 years ago. I would get multiple calls a week from bill collectors. Over time, the people bill collectors were calling for changed, so it seemed likely these people were using fake numbers ... which just happened to be the one assigned to me when I moved in 2006. Since I no longer even check voicemail, I don't know if I'm still getting calls. But, the number of calls that come in while I'm home have lessened.

I can believe a mother not knowing her daughter's number or someone not knowing a friend changed numbers. A coworker regularly changed his phone number because he didn't want his mother in law calling. He'd not give out the new number to anyone he didn't want calls from and demanded his wife not give it to her mother (who lived in Guam, so it's not like she could just drop in to visit her daughter). He was a very strange one. He saw nothing wrong with bragging about his extensive "art film" collection or how he and his friends would shot cats while he was stationed in Guam.

I could see someone not telling professionals, especially if the had changed numbers to get away from bill collectors. Being friends can sometimes be a one sided thing ;) It's entirely likely the friend calling was someone the person who changed their number (if it hadn't been a fake number in the first place) was trying to avoid.

So maybe I watch and read entirely too many crime/murder mysteries/police dramas ...

I'm just starting to learn how to use the Genesis Supersuit. It's really amazing and complicated. This is my first silly render using David 5 and a free texture set. I forget who made the texture.
CapDavid02.png

Terre

Renowned
Having fun while learning has always seemed the best way to me. :)
That's also the skinniest Cap' I've ever seen. LOL

Wow! I just found one of my all-time favorite "Super Marlin" creations. Imagine you have super powers, but are not very good at flying.
Marlin Fly.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow! I just found one of my all-time favorite "Super Marlin" creations. Imagine you have super powers, but are not very good at flying. View attachment 6067

Good one, Ron. I like what comes to mind with all the different scenarios Marlin could get into while getting used to his super powers.

This picture represents one of my biggest goofs. Around 1999-2000 I was just getting started with Poser 4. My new wife didn't allow me to spend too much money on Poser stuff. She finally allowed me to buy Victoria 2. I rendered maybe 100 pictures before I realized she needed a texture set! I waited quite awhile before the wife allowed me to buy the textures. We got divorced, after 6 years of marriage. I'm still doing lots of Poser & DAZ Studio stuff, and spending more money!

!Vicky goof.jpg

This video features some of my art from 2000-2002. It also tells the story of my fast rise to popularity and dramatic fallout with most of the online forums.

Here's a view of my current setup. The Mac mini is connected to a 24" monitor on the right, and to the 50" TV on top. That's my Genesis version of Marlin Fingle on the screen. I probably couldn't read the thumbnail descriptions from across the room. I took the photo with my iPhone, and didn't get any flash.
26Mar16sm.jpg

The shelving unit is 6 ft long. It's industrial grade steel shelving. The monitors barely fit in there! I still feel cramped!