• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ron's Misadventures

Pendraia, how do I use smoothing modifiers? Is there a menu option? I still feel like such a newbie! AetherDream, thanks for the kind words.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
There are a couple of ways. If you are using gen 4 you will need to right click on the scene tab and go to edit. Apply Smoothing modifier is the 3rd option. Now I haven't used smoothing modifiers with Gen 4 as I tend to use Genesis and above or the Hivewire Family. So I haven't actually done this myself I just know it can be done.

This may help you though

Thanks for the tip. I've primarily focused on Genesis over recent months. However, I've also recently just decided to pick various characters, clothes, scenes, and just finally put together a render. Now I'm doing a massive re-organization project which is going to occupy my time, and hopefully maintain my sanity!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good luck with the reorganisation...smoothing modifiers are really easy to use with Genesis. Also you may want to check out the push modifiers...just remember they will come in looking strange due to the default setting but when dialled down they are really useful.

Greetings, friends. I had a terrifying weekend. First it appears some of my hard drives are dying. Then my year-old iMac appeared to be dying, or overcome by evil forces. The ethernet cable connection died. I fiddled about, swore, prayed, etc. I left the iMac for awhile, and used my old Mac Mini to try and save important data. Then I decided to wipe my main Macintosh hard drive. I lost all my artwork, etc. I didn't have a backup of my main hard drive because a backup drive had died. (I was using an old hard drive that I'd abandoned years ago.) I frantically searched the Internet for any news stories of worms that disabled ethernet connections.

Finally, on Monday afternoon I saw a news story that Apple's most recent security update disabled the ethernet (wired) connection port of many Macs. I remain furious at Apple for putting me through so much pain. I've ordered a new hard drive for backup in addition to many blank DVDs to save my important DAZ install files, etc. I'll feel better when I have everything secure.

Terre, thanks. And to make matter worse, Comcast Cable (XFinity) decided to automatically connect it's customers to their wifi. Comcast offers wifi hotspots which they get by hijacking customer's wifi! I told my Dad how to get rid of that problem.

Terre

Renowned
There is a Comcast in town here. I wonder how many people with wifi are serving as unintentional hotspots.

I plan to do a few rant videos on the Comcast & Apple subjects tomorrow. I need to buy some food & booze to get in the proper frame of mind. Everyone might find these videos of interest or concern. I'm putting together a few other pieces of info I learned this weekend.

I want to again thank everyone here at Hivewire3D for your continued support. You know I get rather excited at times, and have been known to put forth a torrent of posts. Thanks, Lisa, for helping me moderate my impulses, and confine them to a single entry point. All of you have helped rekindle a bit of my artistic spirit. I'm also thrilled when people like my posts, or even find some inspirations. I've had a lifelong struggle to keep my sensitive and creative self alive. I will continue to have both bad and good days. It helps to have an online community where I can share such experiences.

I will likely be keeping myself a bit scarce over the next few days. I need to make sense of some of the more challenging computer experiences of the past week. I had ordered some computer stuff to allow me to make more backups of my data. It will take awhile to finish that project.

Thanks. I just received a new 1TB external drive to backup my main Macintosh drive. I also got a spindle of 50 double-layer DVDs to save all my original Poser and DAZ files. Making progress!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ron, hope you see better when you get the cataracts removed.
I still have clouds and what appears like black spiders floating around in my eyes.
You should see me slapping my face to get rid of the spiders. :roflmao:
The eye doc said it is floaters and I need laser treatments to remove them. hope you do better with the surgery.

frogimus

Adventurous
I had floaters really bad about 12 years ago. Job stress induced. Changed occupations and haven't had much problem with them. Now I'm getting ready to change to filtered lenses because of a blue light sensitivity.

Good luck with the surgery, Ron. Sometimes we forget how much we rely on our sight.

Thanks for your kind words & encouragement. I got stressed out and cancelled all my doctor appointments. I'm still struggling with other things, including some computer challenges. I've been reorganizing all my computer stuff.

I found some of my early Poser art, dating from 1999 to 2002. There's a lot of humor and amateurish work. I've uploaded it to a Facebook album. I'm not sure if Hivewire allows or encourages albums. I'll look into that later. This art reflects a period when I was actually quite popular in the major forums. In that respect only, it's of historic value to me.

Facebook

Terre

Renowned
I think there are user galleries and such here.
Please look after yourself and don't let your health suffer.