• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ron's Misadventures

Terre & Carrey, thanks! I was unable to use the Internet most of the day. I finally called Comcast, and they reset my modem. All is well again!

Ivan loves his axe!
Ivan Axe.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
As always, thanks for your support, LisaB. I recently went on a search for free Superhero stuff. It took a day or so to install it all. Now I'm playing around. Here's one of Superman for Michael 7. He's wearing DAZ's Supersuit and a free texture. The suit is ok, but he wants his own cape!

View attachment 4266
I just noticed this thread because this image was at the top of the page. I am creating a Man of Steel costume for M4 that should be complete in two weeks if you are interested. Here is a render of the work in progress:
MOS NEW SUIT.jpg

This one will come with a cape and should be compatible with Poser and DAZ.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Cute Ron...did you know that you can use smoothing modifiers on Gen4 also? It will add a collision option which will help with poke thru. I'm not totally sure but I believe it needs to be applied to individual bits due to the rigging. Unlike with Genesis where you apply it to the whole figure.

Being a Poser user, I have to say I always envied DAZ studio artists ability use that Poke through and Autofit feature. It's something Poser can't do with a one click solution and it's amazing! Ron did a great job! The Mafioso is my fav!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
They are two of the things I miss when doing things in poser. It took me ages to work out how to get clothing to fit diva when I first transferred her over.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I found copy morphs didn't work as well as I wanted because of the size and shape discrepancy. So, when I created the Fit Diva morphs in my clothing, I exported Dawn with Diva injected as an obj, opened the Diva obj in Silo2 (the modeling program I use), and then resized and reshaped each piece of clothing I wanted to fit Diva.

If you're really good at the fitting room (I'm not), you might get better results with that than with copy morphs. It also depends on the clothing. Some clothing might not deform as much as others when you copy morphs. But copying the Diva morph into shoes resulted in some really nastily crumpled mesh.

Me195

Extraordinary
Thank you for your insight. May I ask what version of poser did you use? The reason I ask is because I remember trying to use the copy morph from figure menu back in Poser Pro 2014. It didn't work very well, and I went back to using D3D's copy morph script for adding character morphs to clothing. When I bought Diva years later I gave the copy morph from figure menu another shot since I had Poser 11 Pro. Much to my surprise it worked perfectly. I've been able to convert all of my conforming clothing to Diva without doing anything but use the copy morph from figure menu. I haven't tried to convert Dynamic clothing yet. Anyway all of this long winded talk is because I'm trying to figure out if the copy morph from figure menu is different in poser 11 pro than in poser 2014 pro game dev.

You're right about the fitting room. I've seen it do amazing things as long as I'm not the one using it.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I believe I tried it in Poser Pro 11 as well as Poser Pro 2014. The clothing was probably acceptable for personal use, but I was adding Diva fits to a clothing product. So ... mostly ok wouldn't work.

The shoes were absolutely mangled.

Me195

Extraordinary
I believe I tried it in Poser Pro 11 as well as Poser Pro 2014. The clothing was probably acceptable for personal use, but I was adding Diva fits to a clothing product. So ... mostly ok wouldn't work.

The shoes were absolutely mangled.

I think it's just a case of me being lucky and jumping to conclusions. No sooner did I start this conversation did I run into my first not so great copy morphs experience. I thought of this when I typed my last post.
View media item 3244I learned more from my failure though. I have an idea why some clothing is easy to copy morphs and some are not. It's also true that I don't have a CA's eye for detail.

That happens to a lot of stuff that I try to use the fitting room on.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I used copy morphs. Whative more recently done was create the morph in cds first export it as a cr2 and then create an injection morph which I then use in the pose version. Which is what I did for the fairy dress injections. Iirc I had to edit the file though.

Me195

Extraordinary
I used copy morphs. Whative more recently done was create the morph in cds first export it as a cr2 and then create an injection morph which I then use in the pose version. Which is what I did for the fairy dress injections. Iirc I had to edit the file though.

Thank you. I appreciate the insight into your workflow.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I think it's just a case of me being lucky and jumping to conclusions. No sooner did I start this conversation did I run into my first not so great copy morphs experience. I thought of this when I typed my last post.
View media item 3244I learned more from my failure though. I have an idea why some clothing is easy to copy morphs and some are not. It's also true that I don't have a CA's eye for detail.

That happens to a lot of stuff that I try to use the fitting room on.

I love Little Master!!
Good thread. Very informative.