• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ron's Misadventures

I got Moonshine's Diner in several collections, during a Platinum Club bundle sale, years ago. You can collect supporting Poses, different configurations etc. The price was pretty cheap since it was a PC Club sale. There seems to be a theme of the 1950s, with Car Hops delivering food to 1950s cars, etc.

Maclean's diner is great, but you don't find all that great supporting stuff that you can with Moonshine's Diner. Oh, and they also have a Moonshine's Drive-In Theater!

Search results for 'Moonshine's Diner' | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Carey

Extraordinary
I have all but given up messing with daz and yes the dinner looks great, but it is nothing that I couldn't draw up and texture myself, but as I said I just don't have a great need or desire for anything daz.. I am thankful for what they have provide over the years, but to be honest, most of the things I got for them when I belonged to the platinum club were mainly junk by today's standards. I do mainly outdoor scenes and don't use the female models much, not that I don't like them, but every one does them so that fact and that fact alone is enough to make me avoid them. By using male models I hope to encourage more people to use them so that more is available for them. Besides, I have been through art college, spent years drawing the female naked body and to tell you the truth, beautiful people just don't inspire me any more. I like my men and women to be more "Rockwell" in my work and show real character in their faces....I invite you to make a trip over to my albums here as I work hard to do work that will inspire people, at least I hope they do any way...

Terre

Renowned
Ron, I'm afraid I don't know anything about D/S but I'll bet someone here in the forum for that software could point you to good tutorials so you don't have to sift through a lot of junk.

Carey, maybe you've noticed I prefer to create my own characters with distinctive features?! They reflect my own life's experiences. For example, Bitti Botti and the original Jill Chill were inspired by women I encountered at a job interview, or in a store

Terre, I may look for DAZ Studio tutorials more in awhile. In the past, my own tutorials were better than any I'd encountered. I might not be an expert, but I am better at explaining what I do know. I took some time off. Recently, I created a simple tutorial, based on requests from others. I got absolutely no response. I went back into retirement.

I found an old "Runtime" installation I'd created years ago. Back then I created my own lighting, and it was good. Now I need to figure how to save that lighting and bring it into my new work!

George_sm.png
George is an interesting character, but he has no clothes to wear!

Carey

Extraordinary
You put some curly hair on em and he would be me....lol Yea eat your heart out, I am sixty years old, got a full head of hair with barely a gray hair in sight...lol

I'm 66 and have "male pattern baldness." Women actually like guys with bald spots. It gives them something to rub! I speak from experience.

Here's a teaser for a short video I'm making. It's about the search for the Red Rabbit! First I need to take a nap because I'm old!
Search Red Rabbit01.png

Terre, I haven't converted any clothing since the days when people used Tailor to convert clothes for Poser! I just put the clothes on George, and they appeared to fit.

Terre, thanks!
I'm trying to explain to my Dad what it's like to work in DAZ Studio, in 3D, and what it's like trying to work with the existing limits of my 27" iMac.

I've been discussing the lack of organization in DAZ's default installs. After a few days of denial, my critics admitted it's a mess. But they said no one would take responsibility to fix the products. That's ok because I tried Smart Content again today. I had to update a few items. Then I prayed to the Great Beer God, belched a little and here are the results.
snorse-sm.jpg