• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ron's Misadventures

Thanks. Probably the biggest idea is to have a place where I can just go totally nuts and post whatever I want without overwhelming other people. Have a wonderful weekend.

I can be pretty dense. My neck has been bothering me for months. I finally realized it was because I had the TV on the top shelf! I spent most of the day rearranging things. Now the TV is off to the left, and most of my DVD library is now on the top shelf!
02apr16.jpg

Terre

Renowned
OK, from that perspective it does look better. That bit about the top shelf hadn't occurred to me when looking at it.

Carey

Extraordinary
I am a vet, There fore I am both served and victim of the VA system, I ended a a victim of the VA by the same thing that sent me to them for treatment...pain....I still have no diagnosis, least not besides knowing it is some kind of autoimmune thing. After two years of being in so much pain I could do nothing but take to what I thought would be my death bed. I spent each night begging for the relief death could bring, but at the same time warding off the depression which wanted me to end it. After years years of mistreatment I called the VA suicide hot line and declared I could stand it no more.. I finally got my pain relief, I also got punishment, for threatening to end it they took my drivers license. At first I didn't care, I was in so much pain, I was not able to drive any way. Two years past, I mentioned that I mentioned I might like my drivers license back. I got no answer just a lot of the run around as only VA can give. I went another two years, weaned myself off the heavy pain killers and learned others ways to deal with chronic pain. I mentioned my drivers license again...stronger this time. Come to find out driving is not a right, it is a privilege, it can be given or denied at the whim of the state you live in and if they take it away you have to prove you are capable of driving, which includes medical approval...VA gave me the run around for two more years, then I started raising hell. Va wanted me to swear I would never threaten suicide again. I wanted VA to promise never ever to deny me medical care again. Course VA would not comply, they couldn't.. There is no one in VA that can give their word that means anything... I am now going on twelve years of special modified house arrest, my only crime, getting chronically ill.

I do not get proper medical care. because my wife who is now ten years older now too has problems driving long distances. I can't make use of VA transportation, because that means getting on a bus early in the morning and sitting around in a wheel chair all day at the VA hospital until the bus is ready to take me and the other vets home. I can't handle that kind of treatment. Va refuses to allow me local treatment, which is something they can do, but they will not.

Needless to say I am one very angry individual, although I have never threatened or cursed a VA Doctor I have been put down as a problem patient in the VA system because I continue to fight them. Not sure you understand what be a problem patient means in the VA system or how much the VA system loves to mess with any one that doesn't just roll over for them....Especially since I have caused a great deal of trouble for the local VA to include have doctors removed, there is nothing I can do about the people running VA in Washington

Now I said all that to say this, Yes, when ever I do go to the local VA clinic, My blood pressure goes through the roof..... Heck of it is, I am treated very well indeed compared to those that have served in recent years or those that might try to enter in the near future.....

Terre

Renowned
Arhg. My sympathies and that does explain why I hear so many complaints about the VA system. It would be nice to get it fixed to work the way it should but that is unlikely.

Carey

Extraordinary
Carey, I was never in "active duty" service. I do sympathize with you. I wish you all the best.
Well, the real damage to me came in working in oil field and construction inside the chemical plants, But you know I wouldn't have done any of it differently... I was an adrenaline junky, who like to think I was super man... I was the first fellow in the block to have a laptop...course it carried on the back of a semi and the only one "On Line" was DOD...lol
It used punch cards... Besides I am really having the time of my life right now, I have never been so creative or so full of ideas. I have been lucky really, I had my congress person go to bat for me for me a couple of times. I know all too many in far worse shape, especially those poor fools serving right now.... The military pretends to know nothing about what happens when you get "Blown UP" and get a little bit jellied on the inside. ...

Thing is all us old folks introduce ourselves by comparing medical notes. I know of some people here who have suffered a lifetime suffering from what little I have going on....But see now we have been introduced and yea aren't we a mess, glad to meet you!!!!

Yes, guess I did. I've been fascinated with superhero art for decades. I've never been very good at it. So I turned to humor and get great responses!

Carey

Extraordinary
I love it when I am able to put a bit of humor in my work...lol Here, you deserve a good humor award for this one...Now for this to work properly you need to lean way in towards your computer screen......lol
orc.jpg

Carey, yeah I was smiling, and hankering for Good Humor ice cream!
!!!!!number2.jpg

I rely heavily on "pre-made" pose and expression sets. But I just hate the sets that label each item with a number, rather than a description of the pose or expression!