• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP RigControl for Dawn 2.0

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
You too huh. I was born on Friday the 13th! 7 AM. January. All odd numericals. 01, 07, 13, 19, 61

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't recall whether my nephew, or my friend, were born on a Friday, only that it was January 13th.

unreal

Noteworthy
@RAMWolff Some people have been reporting issues while exporting from DS to Poser, like there is a new compatibility issue going on, but I have not been following that. I doubt DAZ is interested in fixing this to increase Poser compatibility, since it has been long since they lost interest. I usually look into the CR2 to manually fix it using the PFE. In your case, I would suspect there is something wrong with the OBJ geometry and/or grouping, which in Poser tends to result into invisible meshes.

However, there were a couple of occasions when something really SILLY happened. DS exported to Poser with transparency set to max, so the geometry seemed to have disappeared, when in reality it was just the materials that were set to 100% transparent. :D
I've ended up with weird caching issues. Poser (at least used to) did this naive caching which really screws things up if you have multiple OBJs with the same name but in different paths.

I've always considered 13 lucky as well.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Happy Friday the 13th , for the next one we need to wait until next year May 13th.
in 2023 - January 13th will be on Friday Richard , my hubby's and Ken's birthday will be on Friday October 13th as well.
That is something !

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Back in my university days, Friday the 13th used to be feared because some viruses used to only activate on that day, remaining dormant for the rest of the year. So that used to be a day where I would keep my computer off until the next day. It became such a habit that even nowadays I sometimes consider it without thinking. :p

unreal

Noteworthy
Back in my university days, Friday the 13th used to be feared because some viruses used to only activate on that day, remaining dormant for the rest of the year. So that used to be a day where I would keep my computer off until the next day. It became such a habit that even nowadays I sometimes consider it without thinking. :p
Aw man, I remember that. Lost the latest copy of thesis to a virus late one Friday night. Spent the rest of the night recreating the final edit from the previous backup (1 day earlier, whew).

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Aw man, I remember that. Lost the latest copy of thesis to a virus late one Friday night. Spent the rest of the night recreating the final edit from the previous backup (1 day earlier, whew).

Those were also the days when some believed computer viruses could catch on people. XD

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Are people really that stupid Ken? LOL

Computers were NEW back in those days. There was a lot of confusion, since not many could have a computer of their own at home - they weren't affordable. People fear what they don't understand. I also remember an inkjet color printer could cost as much as $15 thousand. A laser color printer, I was afraid to ask.