• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Requirements to sell clothes to Dawn and Dusk?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Okay, that explanation and picture help a lot. So first a quick tip. When you import the .OBJ file, I wouldn't bother clicking on Centered, that's probably what's putting it in the middle of the floor. It'll just save you some translation steps if you don't, but it's not a big deal.

Next, you can't conform a prop in Poser, which is what you're jumpsuit is when you bring it in as an OBJ file. Poser actually thinks you are trying to conform Dawn to some other figure. In Poser you sort of always have both a Figure and a Prop selected at the same time (assuming you have a figure in your scene). Figures in Poser have skeletons, but they are made up of a series of props, so Dawn's hand is basically a prop part of Dawn (at least that's the way I think of it).

I edited this image to maybe help explain:

So here's what you need to do to make the jumpsuit a conforming figure. Once you have it positioned and called correctly, go to the fitting room. I wouldn't worry about poke through yet because one of the things the fitting room does is try and take care of that for you.

Like I said before, don't zero the jumpsuit if you have made any changes to it's scale or translation. Once you've run a fit in the fitting room, you now need to click the Create Figure button in the fitting room. After you give a name to the new Figure you are creating, you'll get a window like this:

You'll want to uncheck Dawn's Head, Hands, and Feet and all their subparts.

Now, if you've already done grouping in another program, you'll want to uncheck auto group, otherwise leave it checked. You can click the Select button if you want to choose what Dawn morphs are brought over, or you can leave them all (I'm not sure what's on the Dev Rig) and do keep Zero Rotations clicked.

Once that is done, go back to the Pose room. You're actually gong to have two versions of your jumpsuit in the scene now. The original prop one, and a second figure that you just made. For now hide the original one, because you may find you need to redo something that went wrong in the fitting. Now select the Figure you made, and you should be able to Conform it to Dawn the same way you were trying before. Second with the new Jumpsuit Figure selected, go up to the Figure menu and choose Copy Joint Zones From . . . and copy of Dawn's joint zones (this basically gives you her weight mapping as a place to start). At the point you should be able to play around and figure out what needs to be adjusted/fixed.

Hope that helps.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yay GG! That has some info I can use also...Thanks!!! :balloon03:

Lee, if it's still coming in at the wrong scale you can load the object in DS, go to file, export.

A dialogue box will pop up and you choice the file type at the bottom as object. Save it to somewhere you will remember and hit ok. A new dialogue box will pop up make sure you have Poser scale selected and it should work when imported into Poser.

Lee Duva

Okay, that explanation and picture help a lot. So first a quick tip. When you import the .OBJ file, I wouldn't bother clicking on Centered, that's probably what's putting it in the middle of the floor. It'll just save you some translation steps if you don't, but it's not a big deal.

Next, you can't conform a prop in Poser, which is what you're jumpsuit is when you bring it in as an OBJ file. Poser actually thinks you are trying to conform Dawn to some other figure. In Poser you sort of always have both a Figure and a Prop selected at the same time (assuming you have a figure in your scene). Figures in Poser have skeletons, but they are made up of a series of props, so Dawn's hand is basically a prop part of Dawn (at least that's the way I think of it).

I edited this image to maybe help explain:

So here's what you need to do to make the jumpsuit a conforming figure. Once you have it positioned and called correctly, go to the fitting room. I wouldn't worry about poke through yet because one of the things the fitting room does is try and take care of that for you.

Like I said before, don't zero the jumpsuit if you have made any changes to it's scale or translation. Once you've run a fit in the fitting room, you now need to click the Create Figure button in the fitting room. After you give a name to the new Figure you are creating, you'll get a window like this:

You'll want to uncheck Dawn's Head, Hands, and Feet and all their subparts.

Now, if you've already done grouping in another program, you'll want to uncheck auto group, otherwise leave it checked. You can click the Select button if you want to choose what Dawn morphs are brought over, or you can leave them all (I'm not sure what's on the Dev Rig) and do keep Zero Rotations clicked.

Once that is done, go back to the Pose room. You're actually gong to have two versions of your jumpsuit in the scene now. The original prop one, and a second figure that you just made. For now hide the original one, because you may find you need to redo something that went wrong in the fitting. Now select the Figure you made, and you should be able to Conform it to Dawn the same way you were trying before. Second with the new Jumpsuit Figure selected, go up to the Figure menu and choose Copy Joint Zones From . . . and copy of Dawn's joint zones (this basically gives you her weight mapping as a place to start). At the point you should be able to play around and figure out what needs to be adjusted/fixed.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Ms.Gadget Girl! Althought I made a mistake somewhere.

Dawndenimposer1.jpg

Dawndenimposer2.jpg

Dawndenimposer3.jpg

Dawndenimposer4.jpg

Dawndenimposer5.jpg

Dawndenimposer41.jpg

Dawndenimposer42.jpg

Dawndenimposer43.jpg

Dawndenimposer44.jpg

Dawndenimposer51.jpg

Dawndenimposer52.jpg

Dawndenimposer53.jpg

Dawndenimposer54.jpg

Lee Duva

Lee, if it's still coming in at the wrong scale you can load the object in DS, go to file, export.

A dialogue box will pop up and you choice the file type at the bottom as object. Save it to somewhere you will remember and hit ok. A new dialogue box will pop up make sure you have Poser scale selected and it should work when imported into Poser.
Thanks I give that method a try right now.

Lee Duva

It was a lot easier. The suit fit Dawn that I didn't have to scale it. Still I'm running into quite some trouble. Althought I think I know where I messed up.

Dawn DenimJumpsuit.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit1.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit2.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit3.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit4.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit5.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit51.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit52.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit53.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit6.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit62.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit63.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit7.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit71.jpg

Dawn DenimJumpsuit72.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Okay, so looking at your images, I think this is what's happening. In Poser you always have to pay attention to what item you have selected. It looks like you figured out this was causing the issue when you were trying to conform, and had Dawn selected instead of the Jumpsuit. You're basically having the same issue trying to apply the pose. You see you are posing the conformed Jumpsuit, but not Dawn, and so that's why you are getting that weird mess.

Make sure Dawn is selected in your scene, (upper left corner under the preview tab) then apply the pose to Dawn. Honestly, I still do this all the time in Poser. I have the clothing item selected, and apply the Poser to it. You can either hit undo, or go to the Figure menu, and zero the figure (in this case the jumpsuit) then select and pose Dawn.

Lee Duva

Okay, so looking at your images, I think this is what's happening. In Poser you always have to pay attention to what item you have selected. It looks like you figured out this was causing the issue when you were trying to conform, and had Dawn selected instead of the Jumpsuit. You're basically having the same issue trying to apply the pose. You see you are posing the conformed Jumpsuit, but not Dawn, and so that's why you are getting that weird mess.

Make sure Dawn is selected in your scene, (upper left corner under the preview tab) then apply the pose to Dawn. Honestly, I still do this all the time in Poser. I have the clothing item selected, and apply the Poser to it. You can either hit undo, or go to the Figure menu, and zero the figure (in this case the jumpsuit) then select and pose Dawn.

Thank you Ms.GadgetGirl. Your instructions help me a lot. My next question is how do I export it as a poser file?

Dawnrender.png

Dawnrender1.png

Dawnrender2.png

Dawnrender3.png

Dawnrender4.png

Dawnrender5.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...but I have fuzzy brain at the bottom. If GG doesnt answer before mybrain clicks into gear I'll post a how to for you. But not likely today unfortunately...

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Glad I could be of help. I know I've certainly needed help in the past, and I still run into all sorts of stuff I don't know how to do, so it's great to be able to help someone else.

First off the quick answer, like Pen said, is to save it as a .cr2 file. You can do that by adding it to your library. But. . . if you just add it to your library willy nilly you're going to create some headaches for yourself down the road. These next instructions may seem long and overly complex for saving a file, but they will make your life so much easier in the long run, trust me. This is based on a lot of mistakes I've made.

So here's what I recommend just to make your life easy down the road. If you haven't already make a brand new Poser Runtime for this outfit. All you have to do that really, is create a folder called say Jumpsuit somewhere, and then put a folder called Runtime inside of it. Then in the Poser library window click the plus sign by the books icon (I think it's always in the upper left area of the library window) to add a new library and browse to where you put that Runtime folder, and your new Runtime will show up in the Poser Library window.

Why? Well this will make it much easier to properly pack everything up with the right folder structure. Now go to the character section of your new Runtime. At the bottom of the library window you should see a folder with a plus sign on it and a plus sign on it's own (if you don't have just the regular plus sign, it's because sometime Poser wants to force you to make a folder before you can add anything else). If you need to make a folder go ahead and do so, and name it LeeDuva, or whatever your creator name will be. Then with the jumpsuit selected in Poser click the regular plus button.

If the jumpsuit is conformed to Dawn when you do this, it will ask you something like if you want to save the whole figure or the individual figure, choose the individual figure.

So now you have the figure saved to it's own runtime. If the world was perfect you could just zip up the Runtime and be done. But it rarely is. Poser sometimes does strange things with the geometry files. Honestly, the easiest way to deal with this is to get Creator's Toybox - A NethewWorks Studio Creation at HiveWire 3D and believe me, it is so worth it. Otherwise, you need to double check and see if Poser put a copy of the .obj file in the character folder along with the .cr2 file, or if it left it behind wherever else it was.

In either case, best practice is to have a folder called Geometries in your Runtime folder (you'll have to make this on your own) and then to put the .obj file there. Once you've moved the .obj file however, you do need to make sure the reference in the .cr2 file has been updated to reflect this. And that's why Creator's Toolbox is such a godsend because it does this for you, as well as some other useful stuff like setting what versions of Poser your item will work in, and generally just makes things better.

Let me know if any of that was not clear.

Lee Duva

Glad I could be of help. I know I've certainly needed help in the past, and I still run into all sorts of stuff I don't know how to do, so it's great to be able to help someone else.

First off the quick answer, like Pen said, is to save it as a .cr2 file. You can do that by adding it to your library. But. . . if you just add it to your library willy nilly you're going to create some headaches for yourself down the road. These next instructions may seem long and overly complex for saving a file, but they will make your life so much easier in the long run, trust me. This is based on a lot of mistakes I've made.

So here's what I recommend just to make your life easy down the road. If you haven't already make a brand new Poser Runtime for this outfit. All you have to do that really, is create a folder called say Jumpsuit somewhere, and then put a folder called Runtime inside of it. Then in the Poser library window click the plus sign by the books icon (I think it's always in the upper left area of the library window) to add a new library and browse to where you put that Runtime folder, and your new Runtime will show up in the Poser Library window.

Why? Well this will make it much easier to properly pack everything up with the right folder structure. Now go to the character section of your new Runtime. At the bottom of the library window you should see a folder with a plus sign on it and a plus sign on it's own (if you don't have just the regular plus sign, it's because sometime Poser wants to force you to make a folder before you can add anything else). If you need to make a folder go ahead and do so, and name it LeeDuva, or whatever your creator name will be. Then with the jumpsuit selected in Poser click the regular plus button.

If the jumpsuit is conformed to Dawn when you do this, it will ask you something like if you want to save the whole figure or the individual figure, choose the individual figure.

So now you have the figure saved to it's own runtime. If the world was perfect you could just zip up the Runtime and be done. But it rarely is. Poser sometimes does strange things with the geometry files. Honestly, the easiest way to deal with this is to get Creator's Toybox - A NethewWorks Studio Creation at HiveWire 3D and believe me, it is so worth it. Otherwise, you need to double check and see if Poser put a copy of the .obj file in the character folder along with the .cr2 file, or if it left it behind wherever else it was.

In either case, best practice is to have a folder called Geometries in your Runtime folder (you'll have to make this on your own) and then to put the .obj file there. Once you've moved the .obj file however, you do need to make sure the reference in the .cr2 file has been updated to reflect this. And that's why Creator's Toolbox is such a godsend because it does this for you, as well as some other useful stuff like setting what versions of Poser your item will work in, and generally just makes things better.

Let me know if any of that was not clear.

Yeah I think I messup some where. I brought ToyBox creater on hivewired3d. But I'm not sure if it works on Poser 11 Pro.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So actually there was something a little buggy with it in Poser 11, but there was just an update if you didn't see it. I think I lost track of what you were doing up a above but it looks like you were manually moving the files around, which means you would have to hand edit the .cr2 file.

I would make sure the jumpsuit in your library opens just fine in Poser (that you didn't move and 'lose' the geometry files it was looking for). If it all works fine, you can run the Toybox and let it deal with the geometry for you. Otherwise I'd put back the two geometry files you moved, and then run Toybox. Also, just so you know, once you've got things set up in Poser, you don't need the .mtl file anymore.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd also add that you might want to get Netherworks PoserFile Save eventually as it makes saving clothing (whether cr2 or pp2) so much easier. With pp2 clothing, it will ask whether to save the geometry separate (yes). PoserFile Save isn't yet available in the HiveWire store, but hopefully it will be before too many more months.

MATWriter Panel 2014 is available and is also a timesaver when it comes to creating your material presets.