• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Requirements to sell clothes to Dawn and Dusk?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not sure what I could do with it, but thank you, as that's very generous. :)

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's very kind of you LeeDuva...

I'm not sure that I would be much help at converting it to Poser that is a stumbling block for me with my outfits. I did do a webinar recently were Paul walked us through the process but haven't attempted it with my own stuff yet.

Lee Duva

I'm not sure what I could do with it, but thank you, as that's very generous. :)
No Problem.
That's very kind of you LeeDuva...

I'm not sure that I would be much help at converting it to Poser that is a stumbling block for me with my outfits. I did do a webinar recently were Paul walked us through the process but haven't attempted it with my own stuff yet.
I have brought Poser pro 11 last week when it was on sale. But I have no idea how to use it. I have some learning to do.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That makes two of us...I own it. I can load stuff in it. Still working on using 2d backgrounds in it. I can do morph injections and set up basic materials and that is about it. I will be sitting down with the video from Paul's webinar at some point and seeing if I can convert the outfit I'm making to Poser though.

Lee Duva

That makes two of us...I own it. I can load stuff in it. Still working on using 2d backgrounds in it. I can do morph injections and set up basic materials and that is about it. I will be sitting down with the video from Paul's webinar at some point and seeing if I can convert the outfit I'm making to Poser though.

Is there any Poser 11 tutorials that you recommend?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Is there any Poser 11 tutorials that you recommend?

I would say the tricky thing with Poser tutorials at the moment is there is a lot of stuff that has been added in the last few versions that can make workflow easier, but I've yet to see a comprehensive tutorial that pulls these feature into rigging.

That being said there's a series of tutorials on Renderosity I really like. Since you are completely new to Poser, I'd recommend looking through the first few (even though they aren't on Poser 11, it's still basically the same) so you feel comfortable in the program, and then you can begin skipping around to stuff relevant to what you are trying to do. Specifically I'd look at the Fitting Room. It's a very quick and easy way to get a basic rig started on a clothing item, and then you can refine it (if need be) from there.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No...Traci did one on rigging but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet so I can't say how easy it would be to follow.

Lee Duva

I would say the tricky thing with Poser tutorials at the moment is there is a lot of stuff that has been added in the last few versions that can make workflow easier, but I've yet to see a comprehensive tutorial that pulls these feature into rigging.

That being said there's a series of tutorials on Renderosity I really like. Since you are completely new to Poser, I'd recommend looking through the first few (even though they aren't on Poser 11, it's still basically the same) so you feel comfortable in the program, and then you can begin skipping around to stuff relevant to what you are trying to do. Specifically I'd look at the Fitting Room. It's a very quick and easy way to get a basic rig started on a clothing item, and then you can refine it (if need be) from there.
I see. You do have a point. I should learn the interface.

No...Traci did one on rigging but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet so I can't say how easy it would be to follow.

Traci?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's posted somewhere around on the forum...hmmmn...not sure which thread it's in. Someone asked a question about weightmapping in Poser...

Lee Duva

Well I gave it try. Having a little difficulty.

Dawnposertest.png

Untitled.png

DawnPoserTest2.png

Dawnposer3.png

Untitled.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So looking at your screen shots, there's a couple things that may be going on, but I'm not sure which it is (these are just guesses from the end results you show because I'm not 100% sure what you are doing in what order).

The poke through might be caused by any smoothing you were using in DS. That smoothing sometimes makes things too close to the skin when you bring them into Poser, so you may want to try saving it with no smoothing, since Poser has it's own smoothing options.

As for what's happening in the fitting room screen shot you are showing, I'm guessing one of two things happened. Either when you brought the outfit into Poser it came in at the lower position and you translated it up to get it into place. This is fine, but you need to make sure you aren't zeroing the outfit when you set up the fitting, or it will move it back down out of place to where Poser things 0,0,0 is.

The other variation of that is that the jumpsuit came into Poser looking like it was in place, but actually was already translated to another Y position. Basically this is the same as the above scenario, except that you weren't aware of the change in the y-translation, because it was done automatically somewhere in move from DS to Poser. Again the fix should be to create a new fitting, and make sure you don't zero the outfit.

Hope that helps.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
They're Poser renders GG...the smoothing from DS shouldn't be impacting on the rigging. The object fitted nicely with no smoothing when I played with it in DS. I only added smoothing when posing as it helps when posing to have the collision you get with smoothing. Those appear to be Poser renders with the object loaded. Nothing like that occurred in DS when loading the object prior to rigging.

The base object on Dawn fitted beautifully with no poke thru before rigging or smoothing being added...

I find Poser does funny things Lee...I'm assuming that you're following Traci's tutorial that I mentioned earlier. That's why I haven't done much with it...it drives me nuts that things I find really easy in DS just don't work for me in Poser.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
They're Poser renders GG...the smoothing from DS shouldn't be impacting on the rigging. The object fitted nicely with no smoothing when I played with it in DS. I only added smoothing when posing as it helps when posing to have the collision you get with smoothing. Those appear to be Poser renders with the object loaded. Nothing like that occurred in DS when loading the object prior to rigging.

So you know Pen, if you set something up in DS with smoothing there, and bring it over to Poser, the smoothing can cause the outfit to get too 'tight' and cause poke through. I may not being explaining it well but I remember a similar thing happening with the Huntress outfit in Paul's clothing conversion class Mastering Clothing Conversion Between Poser and DS - A Digital Art Live/CG Cubed Creation at HiveWire 3D

I'm not sure that's what's happening here, but it's a possibility, since I'm not sure how the outfit was brought into Poser. Was it brought in as an .obj file? or made into a cr2 in DS? And of course I'm mostly assuming it was brought in through DS because I think I saw earlier posts where you were testing it in DS.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I can imagine it might cause problems if it was transfered over as a cr2 that relied on smoothing for the fit.

But unless I'm mistaken Lee used Traci's tutorial which would have involved importing the original object directly into Poser...smoothing should not be an issue in that case.

The earlier posts were trying to get it set up in ds but as im not familar with setting up in Poser I referred Lee to Traci's tutorial.

Lee Duva

So you know Pen, if you set something up in DS with smoothing there, and bring it over to Poser, the smoothing can cause the outfit to get too 'tight' and cause poke through. I may not being explaining it well but I remember a similar thing happening with the Huntress outfit in Paul's clothing conversion class Mastering Clothing Conversion Between Poser and DS - A Digital Art Live/CG Cubed Creation at HiveWire 3D

I'm not sure that's what's happening here, but it's a possibility, since I'm not sure how the outfit was brought into Poser. Was it brought in as an .obj file? or made into a cr2 in DS? And of course I'm mostly assuming it was brought in through DS because I think I saw earlier posts where you were testing it in DS.
I can imagine it might cause problems if it was transfered over as a cr2 that relied on smoothing for the fit.

But unless I'm mistaken Lee used Traci's tutorial which would have involved importing the original object directly into Poser...smoothing should not be an issue in that case.

The earlier posts were trying to get it set up in ds but as im not familar with setting up in Poser I referred Lee to Traci's tutorial.

I should of explain it better. I did try to follow Ms.Glitterati3D. First I open Poser Pro 11 and use Dawn Dev Rig. Second. I import Denim Jumpsuit as a OBJ. It on the floor and it little bigger then dawn. third So I scale it down so it can fit Dawn. Fourth I to conform The Jumpsuit to dawn it doesn't work. So I check any poke through. I find a couple of them. Bring it to Poser Python script and use poke thought fix. Fifth after the poke thought is fix I bring it to the fitting room. I manage to get it to work sort of.
I get it to fit,go back and try to conform it. and it failed.

Dawndenimposer1.jpg

Dawndenimposer2.jpg

Dawndenimposer3.jpg

Dawndenimposer4.jpg

Dawndenimposer5.jpg

Dawndenimposer6.jpg

Dawndenimposer6.1.jpg

Dawndenimposer6.2.jpg

Dawndenimposer6.3.jpg

Dawndenimposer6.4.jpg

Dawndenimposer6.5.jpg

Dawndenimposer7.jpg

Dawndenimposer8.jpg

Dawndenimposer9.jpg

Dawndenimposer10.jpg

Lee Duva

I should of explain it better. I did try to follow Ms.Glitterati3D. First I open Poser Pro 11 and use Dawn Dev Rig. Second. I import Denim Jumpsuit as a OBJ. It on the floor and it little bigger then dawn. third So I scale it down so it can fit Dawn. Fourth I to conform The Jumpsuit to dawn it doesn't work. So I check any poke through. I find a couple of them. Bring it to Poser Python script and use poke thought fix. Fifth after the poke thought is fix I bring it to the fitting room. I manage to get it to work sort of.
I get it to fit,go back and try to conform it. and it failed.

View attachment 17695

View attachment 17696

View attachment 17697

View attachment 17698

View attachment 17699

View attachment 17700

View attachment 17701

View attachment 17702

View attachment 17703

View attachment 17704

View attachment 17705

View attachment 17706