• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Requirements to sell clothes to Dawn and Dusk?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...there is something funky with the scale. I've tried importing it at a variety of scales including 3DS and Daz scale which are both too big. See the render below for DS scale which is the closest. Also it comes in invisible and I had to adjust the opacity.

So at this point I think you need to look at how you're exporting it from 3DS max. What scale did you export Dawn to max at? Did you use 3DS scale or one of the others? When you export from max what settings are you using?

Can't begin rigging until we get this worked out. I think that Ken1170 might use max so we may have to ask him what settings he uses.

For DS can you export you materials as a texture map?

Nice jumpsuit by the way...
ds scale.jpg

Lee Duva

Okay...there is something funky with the scale. I've tried importing it at a variety of scales including 3DS and Daz scale which are both too big. See the render below for DS scale which is the closest. Also it comes in invisible and I had to adjust the opacity.

So at this point I think you need to look at how you're exporting it from 3DS max. What scale did you export Dawn to max at? Did you use 3DS scale or one of the others? When you export from max what settings are you using?

Can't begin rigging until we get this worked out. I think that Ken1170 might use max so we may have to ask him what settings he uses.

For DS can you export you materials as a texture map?

Nice jumpsuit by the way...View attachment 16677

Sorry about that Ms.Pandraia. I should of told you an Advance about the scaling and opacity issue. I have to ask my partner since he work on it. Here the texture files(Dropbox - jumpuvw1.png).

By the way Ms.Pandraia if you like this Denim Jumpsuit. Then you may like the Jumpsuit it was exactly base on. 2016 Long Sleeve Denim Jumpsuit 2015 Autumn Women Front Zipper Turn Collar Jumpsuit Rompers Sexy Dark Blue Club Bodycon Jean Jumpsuit From Ellen0314, $29.79 | Dhgate.Com

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the texture. I won't get chance until the weekend to do much with it. Hopefully by then your partner will be able tot answer my questions as I can't do much until we have an object that is the right scale and fits.

Lee Duva

Thanks for the texture. I won't get chance until the weekend to do much with it. Hopefully by then your partner will be able tot answer my questions as I can't do much until we have an object that is the right scale and fits.

I'm not sure this is an answer. But it look like my partner fix it a little. Here the new file(Dropbox - Dawn Denim Jumpsuit). It fit Dawn and it not invisible. Oh and thank you for Helping me.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Downloading now...I'm too tired to have a look tonight but I'll try and have a look tomorrow. No problem in regard to helping...if people hadn't helped me when I first started I wouldn't be doing stuff now. Just passing it along...if that makes sense.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I was able to load this object no problems and do a basic rig with the transfer utility using the process I outlined earlier. Render of the outfit posed...really nice outfit by the way!
deidre with lee duva jumpsuit.jpg

Lee Duva

Okay...I was able to load this object no problems and do a basic rig with the transfer utility using the process I outlined earlier. Render of the outfit posed...really nice outfit by the way!View attachment 17034

Again Thank you So much Ms.Pendraia. I don't know how to properly thank you,for so much of your help. I'm glad that the Denim Jumpsuit quality is good. Now I'm kind of embarrassed to say this. What next?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh that's looking great Lee. Glad Pen was able to help you, as this is going to be a nice addition to Dawn's wardrobe. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
What next?

I can save the initial duf files for you or you can have a go with this file at following what I originally said. If you still have any issues I'll try and walk you through them.

This file is just a base rig using transfer utility. The next step is to thoroughly test the rig in different poses and with different bends to see if it needs any fine tuning of the weight maps and/or jcms and with different characters to see if you need any custom character morphs. Lots of work still I'm afraid...and after that you will need to set up your materials.

It was a good outfit to start with though as it's relatively tight fitting. Which means no additional bones needed.

If you decide you want me to save the file let me know what name you want on the folders.

file path will go Dawn/Clothing/Your name/Clothing name/materials/Iray etc...

Last edited:

Lee Duva

What next?

I can save the initial duf files for you or you can have a go with this file at following what I originally said. If you still have any issues I'll try and walk you through them.

This file is just a base rig using transfer utility. The next step is to thoroughly test the rig in different poses and with different bends to see if it needs any fine tuning of the weight maps and/or jcms and with different characters to see if you need any custom character morphs. Lots of work still I'm afraid...and after that you will need to set up your materials.

It was a good outfit to start with though as it's relatively tight fitting. Which means no additional bones needed.

If you decide you want me to save the file let me know what name you want on the folders.

file path will go Dawn/Clothing/Your name/Clothing name/materials/Iray etc...

I tested the outfit with all the poses. I used RawArt Heros Mini morph. It all bend will without any major poke through. I would like to say it ready. But I saw something,that I'm not sure if it a poke through or not.

Dawntest.jpg

Dawntest2.jpg

Dawntest1.jpg

Now that I Paid close attention,it not a poke thought. I guess the Denim Jumpsuit is ready.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad you managed to do it....

If you're talking about the place under the arms...I would look at adjusting the weight maps or doing a jcm but it's up to you. I'm not sure what the Hive will accept in terms of clothing as I've never submitted any clothing for sale.

Lee Duva

Lee Duva

Glad you managed to do it....

If you're talking about the place under the arms...I would look at adjusting the weight maps or doing a jcm but it's up to you. I'm not sure what the Hive will accept in terms of clothing as I've never submitted any clothing for sale.

I think the place under her arm,is just color and not skin. Anyway I want to see if the Denim Jumpsuit meets,Hivewire standards of quality. But I also want to give the Denim Jumpsuit away for free. I'm very grateful for the help,and I don't know how to thank you properly. I'm not sure if giving it away for free is enough. I ju.st hope it in the right direction.

Lee Duva

I think the place under her arm,is just color and not skin. Anyway I want to see if the Denim Jumpsuit meets,Hivewire standards of quality. But I also want to give the Denim Jumpsuit away for free. I'm very grateful for the help,and I don't know how to thank you properly. I'm not sure if giving it away for free is enough. I ju.st hope it in the right direction.

Dawntest5.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhh, I use Poser, but don't have the latest version of DS, so wouldn't be able to help you there. Maybe Pen, or someone else who owns both apps, would be able to help.