• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Requirements to sell clothes to Dawn and Dusk?

Lee Duva

Please yell if something doesn't do what is expected I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

Okay here my result with Obj the eyelash explodes and the eyes are white. Fbx the eyelash is okay but the eyes are white. Overall it a success.

311690_20160727132334_1.png

DawnFBX12.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Lee, the eyebrows are just missing the transparency map and I think that the cornea part of the eye is also which is why it's white. All in all I say it was a success the textures don't work in Zbrush unless applied so the fact that they retained the textures in 3DS Max is great! I'm not sure if you can apply the transparency maps easily as I'm not family with Max.

Is the bikini able to be deleted or made invisible? It will get in the way when you make clothing...

So next step is to model something and send it back to DS as an object.

Lee Duva

Hi Lee, the eyebrows are just missing the transparency map and I think that the cornea part of the eye is also which is why it's white. All in all I say it was a success the textures don't work in Zbrush unless applied so the fact that they retained the textures in 3DS Max is great! I'm not sure if you can apply the transparency maps easily as I'm not family with Max.

Is the bikini able to be deleted or made invisible? It will get in the way when you make clothing...

So next step is to model something and send it back to DS as an object.

Yes the Bikini can be deleted. I put it on Dawn cause I wasn't sure if nudity was okay.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looks great...I'm going to assume that at the moment all you've done is load it into DS. Before it will follow the figure you need to rig it.

To rig in DS you will need to

A. Load Dawn
B. Load your outfit

With your outfit selected in the scene tab click on the small white triangle in the top right corner of the tab or right click on the tab name. This will open a drop down menu.

Go to Assets/Transfer Utility....there is an icon down the right side of DS also that you can click.

Here's the very basics to get you started...

Under Source select Dawn in the top box.

Under Target select your outfit.

Under projection template select Bodysuit/bodysuit_tight ....this is the most appropriate of the templates for the outfit in the picture above.

I've seen a number of ways of filling out the rest and some of that is dependent on the knowledge of the person involved.

Paul who works here would also tick the use near vertices box and change the amount to 745% but during an Esha tutorial I did recently she didn't tick the box but had a different process. Either of these approaches should work with your outfit. I would suggest doing both and seeing which gives a better result.

I have always just left the default settings in the box underneath this but Paul suggested leaving only the first one ticked.

Also leave the fit to source figure ticked.

I wouldn't add a smoothing modifier at this point as you need to test you outfit before adding one.

Let me know how you go with this and will try the next step when you've got this...yell if anything isn't clear.

Lee Duva

Looks great...I'm going to assume that at the moment all you've done is load it into DS. Before it will follow the figure you need to rig it.

To rig in DS you will need to

A. Load Dawn
B. Load your outfit

With your outfit selected in the scene tab click on the small white triangle in the top right corner of the tab or right click on the tab name. This will open a drop down menu.

Go to Assets/Transfer Utility....there is an icon down the right side of DS also that you can click.

Here's the very basics to get you started...

Under Source select Dawn in the top box.

Under Target select your outfit.

Under projection template select Bodysuit/bodysuit_tight ....this is the most appropriate of the templates for the outfit in the picture above.

I've seen a number of ways of filling out the rest and some of that is dependent on the knowledge of the person involved.

Paul who works here would also tick the use near vertices box and change the amount to 745% but during an Esha tutorial I did recently she didn't tick the box but had a different process. Either of these approaches should work with your outfit. I would suggest doing both and seeing which gives a better result.

I have always just left the default settings in the box underneath this but Paul suggested leaving only the first one ticked.

Also leave the fit to source figure ticked.

I wouldn't add a smoothing modifier at this point as you need to test you outfit before adding one.

Let me know how you go with this and will try the next step when you've got this...yell if anything isn't clear.

Thanks. I ran into problem. The first time I did not click on the vertices box and change the amount to 745%. In the clothes,kind stretched out. The second time i did vertices box and change the amount to 745%. and the Daz3d crash. Do Clothes in Daz3d need bones?

test1.jpg

test2.jpg

test3.jpg

test4.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Which version of DS are you using? I'm not sure how you would have been able to put an amount in the vertices box without clicking the box as it hasn't let me when I've forgotten to do it. For now try doing it without clicking the near vertices or putting anything inside the box. Ignore it and just put it through with the default settings.

Lee Duva

Which version of DS are you using? I'm not sure how you would have been able to put an amount in the vertices box without clicking the box as it hasn't let me when I've forgotten to do it. For now try doing it without clicking the near vertices or putting anything inside the box. Ignore it and just put it through with the default settings.
Daz4.9 First I use transfer utility without touching the vertices box. The clothes stretch out. Then I put the vertices on,Daz then crash.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's weird...you modeled it on the base Dawn I assume? That sounds like something is happening with the scaling. I've only seen that happening when I've forgotten to use reverse source for modelling stuff on Diva or when I've brought back stuff through goZ that I manually imported. I can have a quick try with it if you like and see if I get the same problems but that won't happen today as I have a lot of rl stuff happening.

Lee Duva

That's weird...you modeled it on the base Dawn I assume? That sounds like something is happening with the scaling. I've only seen that happening when I've forgotten to use reverse source for modelling stuff on Diva or when I've brought back stuff through goZ that I manually imported. I can have a quick try with it if you like and see if I get the same problems but that won't happen today as I have a lot of rl stuff happening.

Sure if you don't mind. And I can wait. If I can upload the files.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
PM me...if you zip it you should be able to attach it as a file. If it doesn't work then I'll give you my email address to send it to.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I think the forum only allows for uploading image formats, and .FBX is a mesh, though now that I think about it, you could zip the .FBX file and upload the .ZIP file. That the forum I think will accept.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
As I mentioned earlier zip it first and it will allow you to add it. I notice it is an fbx file have you tried with a straight object file?