• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
I have to admit, I forgot about these guys, but I was never a big fan of Live Action Saturday morning stuff. But really, this one was just stupid for stupid's sake.
1626541431631.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember This??? I used to own this, but unlike the commercials I could never get them to take more than one or two steps and then they would stop.

1626547223665.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Remember This??? I used to own this, but unlike the commercials I could never get them to take more than one or two steps and then they would stop.
I had one of those too. As far as the commercial goes, the steps in the commercial are half the size of a regular stair. Regular stairs are wide enough for you to have your whole foot rest on each as you go down. In the commercial they're probably half that width, which is why they could make it go down a bunch of steps, one after another.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
"what rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs, rolls over the neighbor's dog? What's great for a snack and fits on your back? Itt's..."
Oh, wait, that might be the wrong theme.

eclark1894

Visionary
"What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs and makes a slinkity sound? A spring, a spring, a marvelous thing! Everyone knows it’s Slinky. It’s Slinky, it’s Slinky, It’s fun, it’s a wonderful toy. It’s Slinky, it’s Slinky, it’s fun, It’s a wonderful toy. It’s fun for a girl or a boy".

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember These Guys?! :)
To be honest, I was never really a big fan, plus I wasn't really into McDonald's food back then. The only I liked that they served was the Fish sandwich, Fries and Shakes. I would tolerate a Big Mac. Someone from one of my jobs back then was into collecting them though.
1626559860613.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember THESE???! They were huge at one time. But dangerous. I think I quit because of hearing how the balls would shatter from being hit. Ahh! we loved to live dangerously when we were young!:)
1626625466061.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Speaking of living dangerously, my brother and I used to walk the tracks all the time. Four reasons why: It was fun, something to do, in the summer we used to walk the tracks and pick berries, and plums and apples. This was a rural setting, but those kinds of bushes grew plentiful around here. We used to pick so many that our mother often baked pies for us with the berries and apples.

1626625988433.png

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Anybody remember THESE???! They were huge at one time. But dangerous. I think I quit because of hearing how the balls would shatter from being hit. Ahh! we loved to live dangerously when we were young!:)
View attachment 70375

They were removed from the market because they could kill a kid if hit in the head and broke wrists when used according to play suggested by the product manufacturer. They were classed as children's toys; but used as martial arts weapons in some States and banned along with nunchunks and other such items like throwing stars. Essentially they are bolas. Exploding acrylic was the least of the toy's issues. They have been and still are made world wide. They just don't make them out of hard plastic any longer.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these? Certs used to be one of my favorite candy mints. They also use to advertise on American Bandstand which is what made me start thinking about them. I swear, I remember seeing them recently, but I just found out tonight that they've been discontinued since 2018. Seems they contain an ingredient not allowed in food any more in the U.S.
1626834873936.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these? I have to admit of most of the fads of the 70s, I thought this was by far the stupidest.
1626988293341.png

I will admit though, not everything in the 70s was stupid, or so I thought.
1626988431407.png

Last edited by a moderator: