• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Yeah, it didn't make sense, he was doing well and the show was popular. The earlier Superman, I think his name was Kirk Allen?, lost it and thought he could fly and jumped off a building, from what I remember being told. When Christopher Reeve was thrown from that horse and paralyzed, there was a thing going around that the role of Superman was cursed.

Dana
I hadn't heard about Kirk Allyn. I just looked him up on Wikipedia. It says he died at 88 from Alzheimer's.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I've been misled! It was George Reeves who was supposed to have jumped from a building...which was not true. It is true that his death is still a controversy, however. Hey, I was pretty young when I heard that. And I just always believed what I was told...after all, they were adults and why would they lie about such a thing? Why indeed!

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
I've been misled! It was George Reeves who was supposed to have jumped from a building...which was not true. It is true that his death is still a controversy, however. Hey, I was pretty young when I heard that. And I just always believed what I was told...after all, they were adults and why would they lie about such a thing? Why indeed!

Dana
I don't believe in the "Superman Curse", but I do believe in typecasting. Hollywood does it a lot. It can be depressing when you're an actor and all you're known for is one role. The dirtiest thing they do is to tell the casting director that they're looking for a "so & so" type, but then won't call "so&so".

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
This was my Superman when I was growing up. When I was about 5, my brother Harry told me that Superman had died. I don't remember whether he said died, or killed himself. I said, uhn-uhn, Superman can't die.:cry:
View attachment 71420
I heard a couple things. One of them was suicide, and the other one was he was taking drugs and really did think he could fly.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Remember these??? I know you do! :sneaky: What was the first wine you ever started to drink back in the day? I know I've missed some, but I pictured what were the most famous in the 70s to me.
View attachment 71410 View attachment 71411 View attachment 71412
View attachment 71413 View attachment 71414
We started out with Ripple, then went to Boone's Apple, MD 2020 was a bit hard core for us, and it wasn't flavored. It was brown /gold-ish colored. Never heard of Irish Rose or Night Train.
My mom always had Lancer's Rose in the fridge, and some kind of grape tasting stuff her dr told her to drink because she was so anemic.

eclark1894

Visionary
Speaking of projectiles, I remember they banned Lawn Darts I think in the 80's due to people losing eyes.
They banned a lot of great toys. Remember Klick Klacks? They changed to making them hard rubber or plastic, but where's the danger and fun of that? :confused:
1636327725647.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The only board games I played were Monopoly and Sorry.

After I got my first computer, I then started playing digital versions, including a nice Scrabble game.

I still play Chess and Backgammon occasionally.

eclark1894

Visionary
My brother used to be really into the CB radio craze. I remember the first time it actually came in handy. We had a flat tire, but no spare. He was able to call a tow truck who repaired the flat for us and we drove off.
1636412371165.png

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
My brother used to be really into the CB radio craze. I remember the first time it actually came in handy. We had a flat tire, but no spare. He was able to call a tow truck who repaired the flat for us and we drove off.
View attachment 71443
My cousin had one. He was very active. He had that super tall tower in his yard. This was in the 60's. Our neighbor had one too. He was always on it.

eclark1894

Visionary
My cousin had one. He was very active. He had that super tall tower in his yard. This was in the 60's. Our neighbor had one too. He was always on it.
Our next door neighbor was on CB as well. We could always tell when he was on his set because the audio would bleed over onto our tv.