• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember him?
1636514981965.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Who wouldn't remember Henry Winkler, better known to the world at large as Fonzie? The first image is of Jimmy Walker, but I don't recall the name of the kid in the last image.

theschell

Brilliant
I used to love Maxx Headroom back in the day... Not sure who the first of the 3 is but I still watch the Fonze in Happy Days on reruns and who can forget Different Strokes (if I'm not mistaken that's Gary Coleman in that 3rd pic)...

DanaTA

Distinguished
Who wouldn't remember Henry Winkler, better known to the world at large as Fonzie? The first image is of Jimmy Walker, but I don't recall the name of the kid in the last image.
Character's name was Arnold. And he was quite a character! (What you talkin' bout, Dana?) :p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Not sure who the first of the 3 is but I still watch the Fonze in Happy Days on reruns and who can forget Different Strokes (if I'm not mistaken that's Gary Coleman in that 3rd pic)...
Whoa, Gary Coleman! I should've recognized him, but it's been so many decades, and I don't think I watched Different Strokes regularly.

eclark1894

Visionary
Not sure who the first of the 3 is but I still watch the Fonze in Happy Days on reruns and who can forget Different Strokes (if I'm not mistaken that's Gary Coleman in that 3rd pic)...
Miss B got it! That's Jimmie Walker (J.J.) of Good Times. I actually met John Amos (played the dad) once back in the 90s. Did an interview with him on radio.

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember both Hula Hoops and Frisbees, though I never had either one.
You know, I just remember that I had both a hula hoop and a frisbee growing up. One of the tricks we used to do with the hula hoop was to spin it real fast, roll it on the ground in the opposite direction it was spinning and watch it come back to you.
1636719041918.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this???
This is our annual Raleigh Christmas Parade. We didn't have one at all last year and the year before that they moved it to celebrate Thanksgiving. Except for one or two that I HAD to attend because I was in it as an intern working at our local tv station, I stopped going to the parades back in the 70s. Back in the 60s, Raleigh would decorate it's streets for Christmas, and it really started feeling like Christmas. The Parade was held at night, and turned on all the Christmas light decorations. Yeah, it was cold, but when they moved it to the daytime, for me, it lost all of it's magic.
1636720031392.png

theschell

Brilliant

eclark1894

Visionary
I still have a cheese grater just like that in my drawer... best ones ever made and not cheaply made like the new ones are. My mom used a collapsible ironing board right up till I moved out on my own and if I recall still has it collecting dust in a storage closet...
At some point, I've owned everyone of these items in the past. I didn't even know what the flatiron was for when I first found it. (I was only about 5 or 6). :)

robert952

Brilliant
Grater - still have and use one like this. I think it still best for course grating like cole slaw. Some kind of press? None in my kitchen. Hand mixer, Mom had a couple. Not any more. Flat iron...one in the house when growing up used as a door stop. Folding ironing board, I think I remember a wooden one when growing up. But not like this one.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember These? These are some playground equipment that have been banned from said playgrounds since you were a kid. I made a joke a few posts back about how dangerous things were when we were kids. :sneaky: Okay, I admit the metal slides were dangerous, but unless you got stuck with a really fat kid, a see-saw?
1636808455487.png
1636808557920.png

1636808730786.png
1636808788059.png

1636808876936.png