• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Remember this???! I used to get a cold and couldn't breathe. My mother would wave this under my nose and I could smell what was cooking three doors down! :sneaky: For coughs, I got cough drops.
View attachment 71509

this stuff is great

if you have an irritating cough then rub on the soles of your feet, put some socks on and go to bed ( great for kids )

have a headache? rub a bit on your temples and forehead

have an ear ache? rub a bit in your ear

got a mozzie bite? rub a bit on the affected area

;):inverted:

eclark1894

Visionary
As long as we're talking old medicine, anybody remember Sucrets? I thought they had gone out of business but I heard they're sill around.
1637029006720.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
As long as we're talking old medicine, anybody remember Sucrets? I thought they had gone out of business but I heard they're sill around.
View attachment 71511
I don't know that they did anything atiseptic, but they numbed your tongue and throat. I didn't like them for that reason. I think if you wet your arm and rubbed one on it, it would probably numb your arm in the area.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Just looked it up, and one of the active ingredients in Sucrets is Dyclonine hydrochloride, an oral anesthetic! So, I was right!

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these??? You come into class, dreading it cause you didn't do your homework last night, but wait....! Miss Penny has the projector set up! Saved! :rofl:
1637092574187.png
1637092708950.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I remember all 3 of those, though I favored the Lone Ranger and Zorro more than Tarzan.

robert952

Brilliant
Remember these??? You come into class, dreading it cause you didn't do your homework last night, but wait....! Miss Penny has the projector set up! Saved! :rofl:
View attachment 71518 View attachment 71520
Being the geek that I am (and was), I was in the AV club. The main role was to cart movie projectors around and operate them for the teachers who couldn't figure out how. Many knew how and they didn't need anything but a delivery and pick up of the projectors. We got familiar with the individual projectors as some did have quirks. (Like those with the rewind 'gearing' not working.)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
we had no projectors, tv's or radios in my classrooms..

the only thing we had was a PA system in the classroom which the teacher would turn on which was broadcast using a microphone next to a radio in the office! :cool:

eclark1894

Visionary
Being the geek that I am (and was), I was in the AV club. The main role was to cart movie projectors around and operate them for the teachers who couldn't figure out how. Many knew how and they didn't need anything but a delivery and pick up of the projectors. We got familiar with the individual projectors as some did have quirks. (Like those with the rewind 'gearing' not working.)
I do remember one class where the take up reel didn't work. I don't remember whether it was broke or not fed right, but a lot of the film spilled onto the floor before they stopped it. :rofl:

eclark1894

Visionary
I can't believe I forgot these!!! Anybody remember Spinning tops??? I never thought about it before, but I think they morphed overtime into things like Gyroscopes.
1637164144357.png