• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Now-a-days, they get permits to set up on the sidewalks. There's a guy who is down the block from the supermarket I usually shop in, and I'm liking the look of his veggies and fruits better than what I see in the store, not that theirs are bad. His just look fresher.

eclark1894

Visionary
Now-a-days, they get permits to set up on the sidewalks. There's a guy who is down the block from the supermarket I usually shop in, and I'm liking the look of his veggies and fruits better than what I see in the store, not that theirs are bad. His just look fresher.
Raleigh, NC is a "big" town as far as NC goes, but we still have our rural traditions. I said in an earlier post that back in the 60s, not a lot of blacks had cars. So, Mr. Smiley was a welcome sight in our neighborhood. Hmm, now that I think about it, that might also account for the laundry man and insurance man that came by on occasion. Anyway, as I said before, Raleigh still has some of it's rural traditions, and that included our local Farmer's Market where we can buy fresh grown veggies from local farmers year 'round. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Years (actually decades) ago, a friend and I used to drive all the way out to the Hamptons on Long Island on weekends during the summer, and on the way home we would stop at booths set up on the side of the road that led to the highway. I always stopped around this time of year to pick up ears of corn, as they were always soooo much better than what we saw in the stores at home. These were local farmers who sold vegetables and fruit this way. It always amazed me how different their goods were from what we would/could buy at home.

There is a store not far from here that's strictly produce. I used to pick up my mother and come back to the store to get our fresh vegetables, and I know they were direct from a farmer, but I don't recall if the store owner was the farmer, or he just knew one or two who supplied him with excellent goods. I remember thinking I had never seen a store that only sold produce before I discovered the store for the first time.

eclark1894

Visionary
Years (actually decades) ago, a friend and I used to drive all the way out to the Hamptons on Long Island on weekends during the summer, and on the way home we would stop at booths set up on the side of the road that led to the highway. I always stopped around this time of year to pick up ears of corn, as they were always soooo much better than what we saw in the stores at home. These were local farmers who sold vegetables and fruit this way. It always amazed me how different their goods were from what we would/could buy at home.

There is a store not far from here that's strictly produce. I used to pick up my mother and come back to the store to get our fresh vegetables, and I know they were direct from a farmer, but I don't recall if the store owner was the farmer, or he just knew one or two who supplied him with excellent goods. I remember thinking I had never seen a store that only sold produce before I discovered the store for the first time.
Something I discovered back when I was about 18. Where do restaurants get their vegetables from? I used to work in a Seafood Restaurant, and every few days, we would get deliveries that we had to help unload off the truck. A lot of this was local food from local trucks. After I had been there for a couple of years, come to find out that the truckers came from our local farmer's market.

Terre

Renowned
This time of year the store I work at is able to get produce from this area and customers have interesting reactions. You can have someone griping that the squash isn't as uniform in size as usual and the moment you mention that it's locally grown the griping stops and they simply start picking out what they want. LOL

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember him? Full confession. He's not actually one of my favorite cartoon characters. I didn't like the fact that the Flintstones added him to the show. And I don't recall that I knew or didn't know that he was voiced by Harvey Korman. I was just so used to seeing Korman on The Carol Burnett Show.

1630246803754.png

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
so many things I would like to tease memories of, but they are apparently so very obscure I can find no references to them online. Who else here remembers a kids show with a dancing bee and a magic mirror? Instant Lunch Bowls that just needed hot water from a known chocolate company? Leonard Nimoy's folk song record? a live action Saturday Morning sci-fi show with a main character that resembled Han Solo?

eclark1894

Visionary
so many things I would like to tease memories of, but they are apparently so very obscure I can find no references to them online. Who else here remembers a kids show with a dancing bee and a magic mirror? Instant Lunch Bowls that just needed hot water from a known chocolate company? Leonard Nimoy's folk song record? a live action Saturday Morning sci-fi show with a main character that resembled Han Solo?
The Insta lunch bowls sounds familiar. The rest, not so much. I found Lipton Cup of Soup, but the rest were all Japanese.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these??? I've got diabetes now, and shouldn't have the sugar, and actually, I prefer Pepsi, but I'd drink this in a second.
1630341760717.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember those bottles, but I always preferred 7-Up.
Served! I've always liked 7-Up, but if I had my choice, I'd rather drink Canada Dry. The third one is a soda that for the life of me I just did not like. Seriously, who drinks grapefruit?
1630420681806.png
1630420893736.png
1630421034151.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't dislike Ginger Ale, and would order it at restaurants that didn't have 7-Up. I just always preferred 7-Up to any other soda. Of course that was decades ago, as I eventually became a dedicated water drinker.

The Wink I don't recall ever seeing before, and no I wouldn't drink grapefruit. ~cringe~

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't dislike Ginger Ale, and would order it at restaurants that didn't have 7-Up. I just always preferred 7-Up to any other soda. Of course that was decades ago, as I eventually became a dedicated water drinker.

The Wink I don't recall ever seeing before, and no I wouldn't drink grapefruit. ~cringe~
I did a little look up on Wikipedia, and I guess Wink was a regional drink more than national. I even still remember the slogan, "Wink, the sassy one, from Canada Dry!" BTW, Wink was supposed to be a citrus flavored drink, but all I could taste was the grapefruit.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I preferred Root Beer, but it wasn't often an option. But then again, when I eat a meal, I prefer milk.

Other than Root Beer or Cream Soda, I've never cared all that much for pop/soft drinks. To begin with, I absolutely hate carbonation in my drinks.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember These???
As much fun to wear as they were to eat, and when I didn't have enough for a popsicle or icecream cone, Nutty Buddies were made to order.
1630466366587.png
1630466560417.png