• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
This may be more of a regional memory, but does anyone remember Lipton Tea advertising to make Gallon size tea in Glass jugs? You had to do it on hot days in the summer when you had lots of sun?
1630541894213.png

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We often made sun tea in the summer. I don't specifically remember Lipton Tea advertising sun tea, but that's probably what started us making sun tea since Lipton was the brand we grew up knowing.

While iced tea steeped in the sun tastes better than iced tea made from steeping in boiling water and then cooled, steeping tea in the sun creates a breeding ground for bacteria, especially if sugar is added to the water before setting the jar out in the sun. The best tasting iced tea is made by steeping it in the refrigerator.

Apparently, you want to reserve the higher qualities tea leaves/bags for hot tea. Lower quality tea leaves/bags are acceptable for iced tea. I knew whole leaves or larger pieces of tea leaves are higher quality than the bags that contain "dust." But I didn't realize tea leaf quality isn't all that important with iced tea.

eclark1894

Visionary
I tried two things like this when I was a kid. The first one was trying to fry an egg on a sidewalk. Which works kinda... I think it works better on an asphalt street. But eggs were expensive for me as a kid, so I tried it once, it didn't quite work and that was the end of that experiment. The sun tea thing i was a little older, but I still didn't quite get it right, so back to boiling tea on the stove for me.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these???
I honestly forgot about Shasta sodas. At one point in my life, Coke and Pepsi ceased to exist for me! In fact, I blame Shasta for getting as big as I did. I graduated from Pepsi and Coke because not only did Shasta taste better, but the two liter bottles were WAY cheaper! Root Beer had to be my favorite flavor. I didn't like the Cola as much. It was cheaper, but Pepsi tasted better.
1630840704948.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these???
I honestly forgot about Shasta sodas. At one point in my life, Coke and Pepsi ceased to exist for me! In fact, I blame Shasta for getting as big as I did. I graduated from Pepsi and Coke because not only did Shasta taste better, but the two liter bottles were WAY cheaper! Root Beer had to be my favorite flavor. I didn't like the Cola as much. It was cheaper, but Pepsi tasted better.
View attachment 70916
Right after I posted this, I went to the supermarket. Not only don't they have Shasta anymore, I couldn't find the one soda flavor that I absolutely adore. I love strawberry soda, no matter the brand. Not on my store shelves, in any brand. The closest I could find was strawberry lemonade.

1630848504285.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this? I was scanning the streaming channels and saw this commercial from The Red Skelton show. It was a Tide Commercial. Looking at the box it struck me as to how I don't even think you can find it in a box anymore.
1630963279545.png
1630963495454.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember him??? Hmm, maybe not! Hee hee, this is a trick question. One of these dogs is Spuds Mckenzsie, the Budlight dog. The other is Meatball from the show Black Sheep Squadron. Care to guess which is which?
1630971513198.png
1630971571535.png

Terre

Renowned
Remember these???
View attachment 70916
Shasta is something I hadn't seen for years until the main supplier for the store I work at changed their store brand 2 years ago. They had to get Shasta in because the new store brand only has bottles and 12pk cans. They needed smaller packs of cans as well.

eclark1894

Visionary
If you don't Remember this, then you ain't black!:rofl: Billy Dee was hot at the time, and I'm firmly convinced that this was part of the reason why he nailed the part of Lando Calrissian in that space movie!
1630984120978.png

Stezza

Dances with Bees
so many things I would like to tease memories of, but they are apparently so very obscure I can find no references to them online. Who else here remembers a kids show with a dancing bee and a magic mirror? Instant Lunch Bowls that just needed hot water from a known chocolate company? Leonard Nimoy's folk song record? a live action Saturday Morning sci-fi show with a main character that resembled Han Solo?

I only know of Mr DooBee on Romper Room in Australia o_O

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
You hot the bee and the show Stezza. Romper Room was here in the U.S. but had different Hostesses and content depending where you lived 0 it was an era of Franchised television.

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember Romper Room, but I never watched it. I was way too old for that. I was born back there in Captain Kangaroo, and Bozo the Clown times.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
And in Canada as well with a different hostess and content. DooBee was a concept not a puppet. Do be courteous for instance.
On the Romper Room I grew up with Dobee was a Mascot and a concept. The character was a man in a bee costume who would show up for certain segments., especially an exercise segment (Do Bee active, and healthy) among others. At the end of each epsode the hostess would look into the "Magic Mirror" and call out the names of children she could see who were good Do Bees (names sent in by parents I believe).

I also remember Bozo and Captain Kangaroo.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
we had the Australian produced kids shows 'The Magic Circle Club' & 'Adventure Island' in the mid 60's :cool: :balloon01:

Terre

Renowned
I remember watching Captain Kangaroo a few in the late 60s. My little brother was the right age for the show.