• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these??? the original action figures! I had some, but it wasn't enough. there never were.

1631280467628.png

This was what I really wanted to get. The irony was that when I was rich enough on my own to get them. I was too old to be playing with them.
1631280591586.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this? We had one like this from the 60s to the the 90s. We finally had to throw it out because nothing in it worked any more. It had a record player, AM and FM radio and an Eight Track tape player. I used to have a picture of it with my mother standing beside it. Don't know what happened to that either. I fell in love with radio because of one of these. I used to practice being a Dee Jay by play and annoucing the records. Sort of an air check tape. I didn't know I had found out on my own how DJs made air check tapes of themselves.

1631281078008.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I had something similar back when I was a teenager and into my 20s, as I had quite a collection of LP records, including soundtracks from Broadway shows, which my father liked to listen to. I didn't take it with me when I moved out, but my folks had it for quite a while afterwards. Mine didn't have the 8-track or radio, only a record player.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
That sure does look familiar! I'd no sooner get a good collection of records & Eight Track tapes came out. When I got a good collection of them, cassettes came out. Then I got a great collection of cassettes & CDs came along. I gave up at that point.

eclark1894

Visionary
First time I had ever heard of the group Boston. My older brother brought home an Eight track tape of their album at the time. We played it to death. Not because we really like the album or songs, but because it was an 8 track tape. New technology.:) We got the Jackson five anthology Album a little later. I don't remember if it was the one shown here or not, but it had all of their hits on it.
1631291364035.png
1631291664412.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these??? Just out of curiousity, how many of you have ever used an actual free standing telephone booth. Back when the price as a dime or a quarter?
This phone booth is considered a historic treasure in Prairie Grove , Arkansas.
1631292174534.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this??? Growing up, this was considered a big screen tv to me. It was black and white. We didn't get color tv until the late 60s. Almost the 70s. I wish Bonnie was still posting. This would probably blow her mind!
1631292665768.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Remember these??? Just out of curiousity, how many of you have ever used an actual free standing telephone booth. Back when the price as a dime or a quarter?
I remember those from my "youth", and then they came out with free standing phones mounted on a pole of sorts. Now-a-days they're all gone, especially since cellphones became such a big thing.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Remember this??? Growing up, this was considered a big screen tv to me. It was black and white. We didn't get color tv until the late 60s. Almost the 70s. I wish Bonnie was still posting. This would probably blow her mind!
Our first TV was black & white as well.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I was sure we had our set before the days of color TV. I remember watching A Man Called Shenandoah on it. Of course that was in B&W.

eclark1894

Visionary
Wanna see a grown man cry??? I grew up here. Sadly, this place exists no more. Across the street from where this picture was taken is the apartment I grew up in. I used to scale this wall like I was scaling a mountain. Clinging on the fence would have been too easy. We did it the hard way hand over hand. When you're five or six years old it looks like it's a mile off the ground. I went back when I was grown, about twenty or thirty, and tried it. My feet never left the ground. I knew this place so well, I can tell you where everything was just from this pic.
1631308639875.png

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
It is sad! Using Google Earth, I found out my favorite home, when I was growing up, is no more either. It and all of the neighbors I knew, my school & church are a small part of a huge grain field.

eclark1894

Visionary
It is sad! Using Google Earth, I found out my favorite home, when I was growing up, is no more either. It and all of the neighbors I knew, my school & church are a small part of a huge grain field.
My school is still there! Before I went there I found out it had been a Junior high school. When I went there it had become ... and remains.., an elementary school. The gymnasium was a separate building, so except for some gym classes, it really didn't get used much while I was there. Something I found out recently is that the gym was converted to a boys and girls club.
1631320017794.png

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Whew! That's a huge school! There were 4 classrooms & 4 teachers for 6 grades in mine. The upstairs had been condemned.

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Did a little reading up in Wikipedia. Seems the stations in my neck of the woods (NC), were part of the ones acquired by Arco. To my knowlwedge there are currently, no Sinclair stations in NC. But I do think I remember seeing Arco from time to time. Since then, I think they've become BP stations.
View attachment 70801 My dinosaur look just like this one. This was back way before Jurassic Park. :D
Late to the party. We recently (in the last few years) aquired at least one Sinclair Station here in Los Angeles. Actually, there are a number of gas stations with names which I never heard of growing up. No idea if it's the original company or not. But the one I know of tends to be busy because it's usually a bit cheaper than the more we;;-known brands.

eclark1894

Visionary
A little addendum. I started learning how to ride a two wheel bike back when I was around 7 or eight. Not knowing how to keep my balance riding slow, I had to practice in the parking lot behind my apartment. Soon, though, I thought I had learned everything my brother could teach me, and i decided to venture out onto the street. But I was wrong. Nearly dead wrong. See, I didn't know how to brake. This bike, not like the older bikes had hand brakes, not the older kind where you stepped on the pedals and the bike would slow down. To make matters worse, I lived on a hill. So I came out of the parking lot and turned the corner headed down the hill, picking up speed as I went. Oh, I forgot. There was one more lesson I didn't learn. How to steer. At the bottom of the hill, Walnut street forked and went in two directions. It turned a corner, leveled out and kept on going. The other fork was Bragg street. Still unpaved at that time. There is no good news here. If I had hit Bragg street, I MIGHT have been saved by the loose gravel and thrown from the bike, OR, I MIGHT have kept on going and if a car or the city Bus didn't hit me as I sped out onto Fayetteville Street , then I would have hit the fence surrounding the field across the street.

As I mentioned, I had neglected to learn how to steer, so I kept straight. This was a mixture of good luck and bad. Good, because there was no house or building there at the time, and no curb. Just a raised earth embankment. Which I hit and went airborne. I landed in a grove of bushes that softened my landing. It bent my bike wheel, but that was the MOST that happened to me. That was the GOOD luck. I I had gone just a foot or more in the other direction, well, there's a telephone pole that's still there today that I would have slammed directly into. Two feet, and I would have missed the pole, but slammed into a mulberry tree. I went back recently and remembered the incedent in my mind. Bragg Street has been paved, the Bushes and mulberry tree have been bulldozed and removed. Ironically, a small church now sits on the corner where the bushes were.

1631395636818.png