• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

robert952

Brilliant
As you no doubt have noticed, I seem to be obsessed with remembering things, which is one of the reasons I started this thread. I wasn't sure where this fit in, but thought I 'd relate it here... for reasons. I've spent a lot of time in the last two years cooped up in my house, alone due to coronovirus. ... I'm still at a loss to explain how it happened because I didn't hear it explode, but just looking at it you could tell, it exploded! To make a long story short, I called a tow truck, got a new tire and got back home. Now I'm afraid to go outside again.
DW and I have been reflecting recently. Not sure why. I guess CoVid has as all reassessing things.

Sorry to hear about your tire. I too had a blowout around Fayetteville Street way back before they turned it into a 'sidewalk mall.' (They later returned it to being a street...our tax dollars at work.) Like you I couldn't see any pothole or obstruction I hit. My mechanic said it looked like the belt slipped and cut the tire. But like you, to me it looked like a bad blowout. I filed it under 'fecal matter occurs.' Don't let that make you afraid to go outside again.

Since that time I have had a couple of: hit pot hole, BANG, blow out. One evening my wife and I was on a 'date night.' and hit a pothole. We pulled back into the parking lot we at the next turn in. There was a AAA truck and two other cars which apparently hit the same pot hole. So, our wait for AAA (which I swear is worth the investment even it you use them only once every 3-4 years) was trimmed down considerably.

I do want to relate an incident. A person in a large pick up truck with oversized tires was waiting in a traffic jam (along with the rest of us). He was aggressive: riding up on bumpers, honking his horn, trying to change lanes, and you could see him yelling. He finally got fed up with waiting I guess. He made a U-turn, gunned the engine, 'peeled rubber,' fished tailed, and promptly hit the curb on the other side of the street. Yep, you guessed it...front right tire: explosive blow out. You could see him 'explode,' too. It wasn't the kind of tire you carried a spare for either: one of those 4 ft tall 2 ft wide type. (OK, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but they were big tires.) About that time, the traffic started flowing. They had cleared the wreck at the intersection and police were directing traffic. I drove past watching him kicking the dead tire. I smiled and thought, "Beware of karma."

eclark1894

Visionary
DW and I have been reflecting recently. Not sure why. I guess CoVid has as all reassessing things.

Sorry to hear about your tire. I too had a blowout around Fayetteville Street way back before they turned it into a 'sidewalk mall.' (They later returned it to being a street...our tax dollars at work.)
"Sidewalk Mall". With that one stupid move they killed most of the shops downtown and the Christmas parade. :D

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I didn't want to run afoul of Alisa again, so I decided not to show any live models in this next pic, but Remember These??! Now I was well past the Underoos stage by the time these came out and got popular, but I remember seeing the ads on commercials on Saturday mornings. I also think they sold well at a little known store... K-Mart.
View attachment 70661
I bought these at Target about a hundred yrs ago for my 2 boys.

eclark1894

Visionary
When we first moved into the house I live in now, my mother bought all new furniture. One of the things she bought was a 3 globe floor lamp that we had in the corner. It stayed in the house until a few years ago when I got sick, and my nieces and nephews threw a lot of my stuff away. Still worked too!
1629418627308.png

Terre

Renowned
When we first moved into the house I live in now, my mother bought all new furniture. One of the things she bought was a 3 globe floor lamp that we had in the corner. It stayed in the house until a few years ago when I got sick, and my nieces and nephews threw a lot of my stuff away. Still worked too!
View attachment 70709
Vaguely reminds me of a lamp my mother got back in the late 60s with S&H Greenstamps.

eclark1894

Visionary
More treats from when I was young. Anybody Remember these?
1629506909236.png
1629507089505.png
I still buy these from time to time, but there was a time, when my family was so broke, this was all we had for lunch. This was sometime after my father had died. Eventually my mother was able to get a job, and would give us money to buy reduced lunch, and eventually free lunch.

1629507429711.png
Believe it or not, I didn't like peanuts all that much when I was younger, but I did like peanut brittle. Never had it all that much. Once in every blue moon.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember when a small bag of potato chips was mostly chips and not air??? Remember when you actually got a prize in a box of Cracker Jacks? :sneaky:
1629507721990.png
1629507996612.png

Remember when you could spend all day at the State Fair for $20? Including the bus fair there and back?

Terre

Renowned
Remember when a small bag of potato chips was mostly chips and not air??? Remember when you actually got a prize in a box of Cracker Jacks? :sneaky:
View attachment 70734View attachment 70735

Remember when you could spend all day at the State Fair for $20? Including the bus fair there and back?
Yup. Remember when boxes of cereal had a little plastic toy in the bottom? And multipack boxes of single serve Lays chips had a superball in it? I do. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember these? I don't know if they're still around, and I'm not talking about icetrays. I still have them, but they're all plastic. I'm talking about the metal ones with the pull lever. We used to have those in our earliest refrigerators. As I got older, my mother replaced them with plastic flexible ones. Eventually, we pretty much got rid of them all together and just started using bagged ice.
1629689093914.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I remember my mother having those back when I was a teenager. I don't remember what I had when I first moved out, but now-a-days I only use the plastic ones because they're flexible.

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember my mother having those back when I was a teenager. I don't remember what I had when I first moved out, but now-a-days I only use the plastic ones because they're flexible.
To be honest, I always hated the plastic ones. I thought the metal ones were better. They froze the water faster, and it was easier to get the ice out with the lever. And to be honest, it seemed to me like the ice from the plastic ones were smaller.

Terre

Renowned
Anybody remember these? I don't know if they're still around, and I'm not talking about icetrays. I still have them, but they're all plastic. I'm talking about the metal ones with the pull lever. We used to have those in our earliest refrigerators. As I got older, my mother replaced them with plastic flexible ones. Eventually, we pretty much got rid of them all together and just started using bagged ice.
View attachment 70770
Not only do I remember them I ordered 2 stainless steel ones two weeks ago. :) I've never liked the plastic ones. It's easier for me to get the ice out with that bar.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these? I remember the Sinclair Dinosaur well, I once had a plastic model of it that I got on a school field trip. The bus stopped off at a Sinclair gas station and I bought the model there.
1629770108851.png
1629770320701.png
1629770418067.png

1629770546475.png
1629770736819.png
1629771067876.png