• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
The only one I recognize is Scrabble, but I can't recall if I had the game, or a friend had it and brought it over so we could play when she visited.
Really? Except for Chess, checkers and Scrabble, I don't think there's another game more played in the US when I was a kid.

eclark1894

Visionary
I gotta figure out how to do it, but next on my Blender Wish list.
1628945701252.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Go for it! That would be a nice edition to your Blender portfolio.

I'm sure there's a Blender tutorial out there on YouTube that's similar enough to at least get the basics done.

eclark1894

Visionary
Go for it! That would be a nice edition to your Blender portfolio.

I'm sure there's a Blender tutorial out there on YouTube that's similar enough to at least get the basics done.
Still trying to get Blender working on my computer. I can use it, but still getting the color artifacts and it's very distracting.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Color artifacts? If you're rendering with Cycles, turn on Denoising, and possibly raise the amount of samples. You could always do both options.

BTW, what version are you using. My go-to version is still 2.79, but I do have the latest 2.93, which I've been trying out, but not as fluent in it, as they've changed the UI a lot, so I'm still trying to learn where everything is.

eclark1894

Visionary
I didn't want to run afoul of Alisa again, so I decided not to show any live models in this next pic, but Remember These??! Now I was well past the Underoos stage by the time these came out and got popular, but I remember seeing the ads on commercials on Saturday mornings. I also think they sold well at a little known store... K-Mart.
1628985737345.png

Terre

Renowned
I don't remember those but then we didn't go to K-Mart very often. If we had I think even my little brother would have been a bit old for that set.

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody Remember this Game? Never owned it, kinda wanted it, but had to make choices. In a way, I though of these like the new types of marbles in town. In case you're having trouble remembering it, you wind the string around your top, pull the string and your top goes spinning.
1629029037295.png

eclark1894

Visionary
So I was watching tv, Antenna TV and Barney Miller came on. They reminded me of these? Remember these???! Ahh! the sixties! When cigarettes were sold in vending machines, and your older brothers sent you to the store to get them a pack! And you were only 8! :sneaky:
1629159869088.png
1629160016199.png
1629160078051.png
1629160113606.png

1629160197069.png
1629160379267.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember him??? From The Flintstones! :D
1629239871521.png

Attachments

• 1629239445187.png
    1629239445187.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 1629239713564.png
    1629239713564.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 1629239835636.png
    1629239835636.png
    253.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Terre

Renowned
Anybody Remember this Game? Never owned it, kinda wanted it, but had to make choices. In a way, I though of these like the new types of marbles in town. In case you're having trouble remembering it, you wind the string around your top, pull the string and your top goes spinning.
View attachment 70664
I remember seeing the ads but never played it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember these guys? Also, I'd have to check, but I believe that at one time or another, all three had their own tv show.
1629302820129.png
1629302895216.png
1629303051570.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't recall the name of the "private investigator" in the first one, and I think everyone knows Smokey the Bear. However, I don't recognize the middle character, who looks like an Owl, but isn't ringing any bells for me.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't recall the name of the "private investigator" in the first one, and I think everyone knows Smokey the Bear. However, I don't recognize the middle character, who looks like an Owl, but isn't ringing any bells for me.
Well, you got Smokey right off the bat, but I'm surprised you didn't recognize McGruff the Crime Dog, or Woodsy Owl. McGruff takes a "bite out of crime", while Woodsy "gives a hoot, and doesn't pollute".

eclark1894

Visionary
As you no doubt have noticed, I seem to be obsessed with remembering things, which is one of the reasons I started this thread. I wasn't sure where this fit in, but thought I 'd relate it here... for reasons. I've spent a lot of time in the last two years cooped up in my house, alone due to coronovirus. Most of my immediate family, brothers, sisters and mother, have all passed. I'm 63 now, and I remember things. I thought okay, I've been thinking about doing this anyway, plus it's a reason to get out of the house, so I've started writing my autobiography. So, about two days ago, I woke up and went to the supermarket to do some shopping. No problem there. Even bought some ice cream to chill out with. So on the way back, I started thinking about where I should go and revisit. Was going to go revisit Fayetteville street which still exists from my childhood. Was tryying to figure out where I should park, when I noticed that my car was getting rougher and rougher and harder to control. I pulled over to the side of the road and looked outside the door. My driver's side rear tire was flat. I got out of the car, and looked closer at it. It wasn't just flat, it was blown. I'm still at a loss to explain how it happened because I didn't hear it explode, but just looking at it you could tell, it exploded! To make a long story short, I called a tow truck, got a new tire and got back home. Now I'm afraid to go outside again.