• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these characters???!

1628693199612.png
1628693395870.png
1628693513411.png
1628693728684.png
1628693859034.png

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Sparky, Mayor McCheese, and Hamburgler I recognize. Something tells me I should know the rainbow zebra but I cant't place him right now, and no idea at all about the cherios guy.

eclark1894

Visionary
Sparky, Mayor McCheese, and Hamburgler I recognize. Something tells me I should know the rainbow zebra but I cant't place him right now, and no idea at all about the cherios guy.
You got Mayor McCheese and Hamburglar. And You kinda got the Cheerios Kid. :D

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I also got Spaeky the Alka Seltzer Mascot. His official name was Sparky. He became known as Speedy over time because of his hat - which was intended to refer to how fast the product worked but the public at large thought was his name. Interesting bit of trivia on it.

eclark1894

Visionary
I also got Spaeky the Alka Seltzer Mascot. His official name was Sparky. He became known as Speedy over time because of his hat - which was intended to refer to how fast the product worked but the public at large thought was his name. Interesting bit of trivia on it.
I had to look that up, but you're right.

The zebra was named "Yipes!"

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these???! I'll be honest, I don't expect anyone born past 1985 - 90 to get this one, but I'll still drop a hint. Your mama used to make you go outside to pick one when you were naughty!!! If you had brothers or sisters, they volunteered to to do it instead!:sneaky:
1628781167053.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these???! I'll be honest, I don't expect anyone born past 1985 - 90 to get this one, but I'll still drop a hint. Your mama used to make you go outside to pick one when you were naughty!!! If you had brothers or sisters, they volunteered to to do it instead!:sneaky:
View attachment 70633
Here in the South, (North Carolina to be specific) they're called switches, and they grow on every tree or bush out doors. I'm not sure which ones hurt worse, the dried wood ones or the supple still green ones. Actually, I don't remember my mother ever whipping me, but my older sister... I think she enjoyed herself. Before you all start wondering, my oldest sister, actually all my sisters, were literally old enough to be my mother. In fact, all except the middle girl had children that were older than me.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am not sure I was ever physically punished by my parents but that maybe a memory issue, certainly it could not have been that bad because I have no memories of such. I do remember packing a case and running away from home once which made my father very angry, I only made it to the end of the road but then I was only five at the time. Again I was not physically punished but I was under no illusions of just how unacceptable my behaviour had been.

When I was about thirteen or so I remember being caned at school, problem was the teacher missed and caned my wrist which came up in a missive bruise. My father went ballistic, it was the only time he went to the school to complain but I am certain the got the message as the teacher was super nice after that.

eclark1894

Visionary
I am not sure I was ever physically punished by my parents but that maybe a memory issue, certainly it could not have been that bad because I have no memories of such. I do remember packing a case and running away from home once which made my father very angry, I only made it to the end of the road but then I was only five at the time. Again I was not physically punished but I was under no illusions of just how unacceptable my behaviour had been.

When I was about thirteen or so I remember being caned at school, problem was the teacher missed and caned my wrist which came up in a missive bruise. My father went ballistic, it was the only time he went to the school to complain but I am certain the got the message as the teacher was super nice after that.
Yeah, back in the day when teachers could mete out corporal punishment, I was something of a legend. I have classmates that I run into now and again and they ALL remember the spankings Mr. Stafford gave me almost every other day for one reason or another. This was sixth grade!:D

PS: I think I mentioned Mr. Stafford before. He three ways to spank. He would use a yardstick and hit your hand, or if you had really ticked him off, he'd go with a huge wooden paddle with three holes bored in it to make it more aerodynamic. And then there was his favorite, a huge thick leather strap that he'd use to spank your behind. Dpending on what ever it was I had done, or not done, such as home work, I had been the recipient of all three.

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
When I was little, I used to see ads for this on tv all the time. I even have a niece who got her nickname from it. Never dawned on me to even think about taking it. To be honest, I didn't know it was still being made.
1628867907438.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember Her??? It saddens me to post this but since she was a part of my childhood actress Jane Withers passed away on August 7, this month. She played Josephine the Plumber in all those Comet Cleanser commercials back in the 60s and 70s.
1628874812135.png

robert952

Brilliant
Re: Switches... I recall having to get one. We had a Weeping Willow tree in the back yard. But I think the fear of pain made me promise to be a good boy. So, I was never actually whipped.

Re: Old TV ad lines. I was cutting up with my grandson. He has these tubes that expand and bend (think oversized bendy straw). I put one on index and 'the finger' and made like they were walking across the table. Suddenly, the tune from the phone company popped into my head. 'Let your fingers do the walking through the Yellow Pages.'

Re: Games, played them all except 'Stay Alive.' Scrabble is still the go to family game with Mom and Dad. I found a great phone app solitaire version that I play daily. On 'Easy', I could whip the AI. On 'Hard', I am holding my own, barely. The score is now me 265, AI 248. I am afraid to go to Expert level. To be honest, one the Hard I have seen my game improve. It does let you 'cheat' and try a word. It says 'not valid' and lets you try again.

eclark1894

Visionary
Re: Switches... I recall having to get one. We had a Weeping Willow tree in the back yard. But I think the fear of pain made me promise to be a good boy. So, I was never actually whipped.

Re: Old TV ad lines. I was cutting up with my grandson. He has these tubes that expand and bend (think oversized bendy straw). I put one on index and 'the finger' and made like they were walking across the table. Suddenly, the tune from the phone company popped into my head. 'Let your fingers do the walking through the Yellow Pages.'

Re: Games, played them all except 'Stay Alive.' Scrabble is still the go to family game with Mom and Dad. I found a great phone app solitaire version that I play daily. On 'Easy', I could whip the AI. On 'Hard', I am holding my own, barely. The score is now me 265, AI 248. I am afraid to go to Expert level. To be honest, one the Hard I have seen my game improve. It does let you 'cheat' and try a word. It says 'not valid' and lets you try again.
I always thought weeping Willow branches would have made horrible switches. We always got ours from a nearby bush. I never played Toss Across or Stay Alive, but we loved playing Scrabble, Sorry, and Operation. I've only played Life a few times. Although, I was pretty good at Operation.